OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Does signing ekeler give anyone sway as to which way they’re leaning? At first glance I would think it would mean a greater lean towards maye since he seems more the type to use a guy like ekeler for checkdowns vs. daniels just taking off when nothing is open and ignoring the dude as a safety blanket altogether
We’re drafting Maye.

• Love
Reactions: Holtbyisms

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Does signing ekeler give anyone sway as to which way they’re leaning? At first glance I would think it would mean a greater lean towards maye since he seems more the type to use a guy like ekeler for checkdowns vs. daniels just taking off when nothing is open and ignoring the dude as a safety blanket altogether
Seems like a solid signing no matter the QB. pass blocks, catches the ball…all the good stuff…word is he’s lost a step however….

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Is there a betting line on whether fields remains a bear because I’ll take that

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Not on draftkings but Daniels is now betting favorite at -180 to go #2 and Maye is +145
All offseason it was Maye the favorite it recently change after the Howell trade

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It may well be a crazy game of chicken right up until they make their pick. If they trade Fields at this point, it gives away the game that they're taking QB at 1 and almost certainly CW. They lose any trade leverage they have, but maybe they don't care if Caleb is their guy and they're set on making the pick.

At this point, their best bet may be to keep Fields for now, see if somebody blinks and makes them the proverbial Godfather offer on draft night and take the best QB available wherever they land in terms of the trade.

That also gives them the ability to get max value on the clock if one of the teams that misses on the top guys on their board (that could be 3 guys, 6 guys, or any number in between) and decide to call the Bears for Fields. Say maybe the Giants go WR at 6OA, expecting Penix or Nix to be there at their 2nd rounder. If those guys end up going in the first -- very possible -- they either have to call CHI or settle for a Rattler or Pratt, and maybe having to spring earlier than they're worth. At that point, Bears are in the catbird seat.

This draft night is going to be must-see.

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Diggs is trending on twitter with his wierd cryptic posts. Think there’s some bad blood there and bills are in a position to draft a receiver at the end of the first. Would be pretty crazy to orchestrate a trade for him

18.5mil 2024 salary fully guarantees 03/17/2024

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It may well be a crazy game of chicken right up until they make their pick. If they trade Fields at this point, it gives away the game that they're taking QB at 1 and almost certainly CW. They lose any trade leverage they have, but maybe they don't care if Caleb is their guy and they're set on making the pick.

At this point, their best bet may be to keep Fields for now, see if somebody blinks and makes them the proverbial Godfather offer on draft night and take the best QB available wherever they land in terms of the trade.

That also gives them the ability to get max value on the clock if one of the teams that misses on the top guys on their board (that could be 3 guys, 6 guys, or any number in between) and decide to call the Bears for Fields. Say maybe the Giants go WR at 6OA, expecting Penix or Nix to be there at their 2nd rounder. If those guys end up going in the first -- very possible -- they either have to call CHI or settle for a Rattler or Pratt, and maybe having to spring earlier than they're worth. At that point, Bears are in the catbird seat.

I’d do this myself…would not be surprised if they are thinking they will keep Fields, but selling a CW pick to get those offers…

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
looks like the Bears overplayed there hand by waiting too long to trade Fields and the market dried up

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wow. Terrible return. Nobody has to be happy about that trade other than maybe PIT.

CHI not the mad genius negotiators they were feared to be.

Reactions: usiel

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
So yeah Caleb to the Bears is a definite now.
Not necessarily. They could still trade down to 2 or 3

Depends on how they view the QBs. Would they rather have Caleb straight up or JD/Maye + a boatload of picks. They have a limited amount of picks and didnt get **** for fields, with holes left to fill

Last edited:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Proving, once again, I don't know shit...

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I’ve heard some ppl say the Bears like Daniels as well. So truly, anything could happen here
Hard to imagine them drafting a skinnier version of Justin Fields, with a weaker arm. JD is certainly a better passer than JF was as a prospect, though. So I guess you never know.

But I think the city of Chicago riots if they pass on Caleb. Ofc I’d be thrilled to take him if they do!

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad