OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏻

Looking at those legs. HOW could that scream “top 20 OA pick!!!”, to anyone?

Ron screwed himself 3x. Davis, Dotson, Forbes.

Should be 3 solid to great starters. Instead? Well, they ain’t any of that.
I'll throw in Phil Mathis - 2nd rounder. Run stopper nose type needed to be subbed out 3/4s of the game. Drafted into a position of strength that somehow Ron thought was a position of need. Sure he got injured but he wasn't going to get many reps at full health. And still isnt.

Last years draft was horrific. I think we got like 8 starts out of ALL of them?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’ve never heard of him. 5 teams in what, 6 yrs?
Looks like a depth/special teams guy who may have some upside as a fill in start?

At this point if its not obvious, we gotta trust this FO knows WTF they're doing. They've nailed the obvious holes in this roster and addressed them (mostly all) with smart signings that aren't splashy. They've maintained over $50M in cap space left for any unforeseen situations (i.e. an All Pro we could use gets released like a Keenan Allen for example)

Anyway, yeah, never heard of this new CB :D

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
So Bobby f***ing Wagner huh

Nice to see players not avoiding us. Players talk. Thank goodness we arent a zero budget franchise anymore.

-------------------

Im starting to think we SHOULD trade for Caleb Williams. I was in the stay at 2 and take DM/JD camp.

2, 36 and our 1st next year.

Lets not p***y foot this.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
real good free agency period so far , filled a ton of holes and i like how they haven't tied themselves to long term deals that'll bite us in the ass

also like how they've gotten quality vets to shelter the kids they will bring in and show them the ropes

Reactions: ynotcaps

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Looks like a depth/special teams guy who may have some upside as a fill in start?

Looks like another Dan Quinn Special; a guy with good fundamentals that might thrive in the right system. The highlight real isn't much to go by, but he clearly has wheels and plays the position the way you have to in today's pass-first, sucks-to-be-a-DB world. He plays the man until he sees him react to the ball, then attacks the reception.

You have to walk a fine line playing that way -- easy to get flags if your timing's off -- but I like that he's aggressive. Not sure what his situation is... Is he shopping for the right team or hustling to find a job? Either way, I like that it's not just an offer; that they're meeting with him to see if it's a fit.

Hard not to like how quickly the franchise has changed. Now let's just hope it continues into all the things the players just voted us the worst ever for, and a new building and name wouldn't hurt either. ;)

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Almost purely a special teams guy. 2 career starts, none last year, but played in 17 games each of the last 3 years.

Im starting to think we SHOULD trade for Caleb Williams. I was in the stay at 2 and take DM/JD camp.

2, 36 and our 1st next year.

Lets not p***y foot this.

Um, no. No thank you. Hard pass on trading assets for CW.

Put me down on record, he'll be the biggest bust of the top 3 QBs, long term.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I can't get it out of my head how much Caleb looks like Dak

1710437855217.png

1710438048407.png

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad