OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Lots of people will kick the tires and see what the temperature is. I doubt Peters will move down. NE might consider it but they too would have to be blown away. Lots of calls, not a lot of moves, is my guess.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So sassy!

We all know LSU’s offensive line was significantly better than UNC’s and USC’s. I watched a lot of late games of Williams and USC — and put it this way, USC’s o-line made the Skins o-line of last year look like world beaters.

It was bad.

So of course Daniels faced far less pressure than the other 2, and it was seldomly of the “jail break” type that both DM and CW faced.

I’m not criticizing JD here, but without adding this large piece of the puzzle, it does not paint an accurate picture.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
You do know that height and weight and the ratio between them have almost nothing at all to do with NFL durability, right? Bigger, thicker QBs get hurt all the time. Skinny toothpick WRs and DBs stay healthy all the time. There's just no direct correlation.

If height, weight and thickness/ratio was a real factor, then no OL or DL would ever get hurt and every skinny player would never stay healthy. You're literally making up a narrative out of whole cloth.
I didn’t fashion the narrative that skinny running QBs don’t work in the NFL. That story was written a long time ago. The game is a grind. The playoffs are even more brutal on players bodies.

Obviously, thicc players get hurt every week. No one is debating that.

Ultimately the goal is to win titles not YouTube views.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So sassy!

We all know LSU’s offensive line was significantly better than UNC’s and USC’s. I watched a lot of late games of Williams and USC — and put it this way, USC’s o-line made the Skins o-line of last year look like world beaters.

It was bad.

So of course Daniels faced far less pressure than the other 2, and it was seldomly of the “jail break” type that both DM and CW faced.

I’m not criticizing JD here, but without adding this large piece of the puzzle, it does not paint an accurate picture.

I'm not sure the view that LSU's OL was significantly better than LSU or NC's holds up under scrutiny.

LSU was ranked 17th in the FBS (133 teams) in pass blocking at a 78.4 grade, while USA was just lower at 20th with 77.5. UNC was at 41st at 72.5. This is grading over every pass snap all season for all three teams, not just a few games we may have watched.

LSU's was slightly better, but the difference from 17 to 41 out of 133 is hardly a massive disparity. And again, lets look at how many pass rushers from the SEC will go in the first and second round, vs the ACC and Pac Ten? The competition was the toughest in the SEC.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure the view that LSU's OL was significantly better than LSU or NC's holds up under scrutiny.

LSU was ranked 17th in the FBS (133 teams) in pass blocking at a 78.4 grade, while USA was just lower at 20th with 77.5. UNC was at 41st at 72.5. This is grading over every pass snap all season for all three teams, not just a few games we may have watched.

LSU's was slightly better, but the difference from 17 to 41 out of 133 is hardly a massive disparity. And again, lets look at how many pass rushers from the SEC will go in the first and second round, vs the ACC and Pac Ten? The competition was the toughest in the SEC.
Meh. Daniels had easily the best offense around him. Easily. That’s not debatable.

Reactions: Jags

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I mean it blows my mind that people want a Q-tip at QB with Drake Maye on the board.

I would understand if this was Daniel’s vs McCarthy or something. It isn’t.

You’re hoping he becomes Lamar Jackson or Mike Vick. Both of whom have zero rings and limited availability.

Enjoy your amazing 10 game stretches and zero Super Bowls. I’ll take Eli Manning.
Bolded swear jar!!

200w.gif

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Meh. Daniels had easily the best offense around him. Easily. That’s not debatable.
Fair. But it cuts both ways. Nabers doesn't rack (ahem) up the RAC yards if his QB doesn't put him in position to catch in stride or turn and go. Thomas doesn't become a TD machine if his QB isn't putting the ball where he can make the field stretching plays. Who did DM -- or CW, for that matter -- make better?

And LSU's line this year was not the typical LSU line, at all. There's one guy who should be a high pick if he comes out next year, if not, definitely the year after. Otherwise, they're all late round fliers.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I mean it blows my mind that people want a Q-tip at QB with Drake Maye on the board.

You’re hoping he becomes Lamar Jackson or Mike Vick. Both of whom have zero rings and limited availability.

Enjoy your amazing 10 game stretches and zero Super Bowls. I’ll take Eli Manning.
Interesting that your projecting hope of Lamar or Vick on the Jaden advocates, but are stating as fact that Maye is Eli or Herbert or Allen.

Between the two of the them, one has a demonstrated record of improving every year and growing with his level of competition, and the other is pure projection in a prototype body.

People nicking Daniels for his age, understand this: he's been a starter for five years and has gotten better every year. He ran a heavily pro style offense in the best conference a QB can play against and showed mastery. He's ready to walk in the door as a Day 1 NFL starter.

Maye has 2 years as a starter, one very good, one less so. "Oh, he lost his weapons." And how did he respond? Whose profile did he raise through his own excellence? Scouts and film guys are saying Maye could be the best -- but he also has the biggest bust profile of the top 3. Hell, on NFL Network today, C. Daniel said Maye would be great in a situation where he could sit and learn for a year or two to make up for his lack of experience. Being 21 when you're drafted doesn't count for much if 1 or 2 years of your rookie deal are gonna be eaten up on the bench learning.

You're the one hoping Maye is the guy you and many others are projecting him to be. I know Daniels is ready to walk into a pro camp, absorb a pro offense, and lead an NFL team in the season opener -- because he did absolutely everything there is to do at the next highest level.

The difference between Maye and Daniels is the difference between projection and expectation.

Reactions: kicksavedave

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

You’re nothing if not completely confident in your opinion. Not very convincing, but confident!

• Haha

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If these tweets are true, then Caleb Williams is a f***ing head case and his dad is a nightmare. If true then I wouldn't draft this nut bag in the 7th round. And if false, then someone should be getting sued.

More context.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If these tweets are true, then Caleb Williams is a f***ing head case and his dad is a nightmare. If true then I wouldn't draft this nut bag in the 7th round. And if false, then someone should be getting sued.

More context.

Big deal….let go of your hate, it’s clouding your judgement lol…

On his Dad….not the first asshole parent out there who believed their kid deserved the world on a platter of entitlement.

I’ll judge the kid on his own merits as a Pro. Saying you wouldn’t draft him is just silly.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting that your projecting hope of Lamar or Vick on the Jaden advocates, but are stating as fact that Maye is Eli or Herbert or Allen.

Between the two of the them, one has a demonstrated record of improving every year and growing with his level of competition, and the other is pure projection in a prototype body.

People nicking Daniels for his age, understand this: he's been a starter for five years and has gotten better every year. He ran a heavily pro style offense in the best conference a QB can play against and showed mastery. He's ready to walk in the door as a Day 1 NFL starter.

Maye has 2 years as a starter, one very good, one less so. "Oh, he lost his weapons." And how did he respond? Whose profile did he raise through his own excellence? Scouts and film guys are saying Maye could be the best -- but he also has the biggest bust profile of the top 3. Hell, on NFL Network today, C. Daniel said Maye would be great in a situation where he could sit and learn for a year or two to make up for his lack of experience. Being 21 when you're drafted doesn't count for much if 1 or 2 years of your rookie deal are gonna be eaten up on the bench learning.

You're the one hoping Maye is the guy you and many others are projecting him to be. I know Daniels is ready to walk into a pro camp, absorb a pro offense, and lead an NFL team in the season opener -- because he did absolutely everything there is to do at the next highest level.

The difference between Maye and Daniels is the difference between projection and expectation.
Come on Dude. None of us *KNOW* anything. It’s all a guessing game. Odds for, vs odds against.

Daniels is a huge riser. He’s either gonna exceed expectations, or be a bust. I don’t think he’s got a Teddy Bridgewater, or Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston type of career in him.

He’s gonna be ALL THAT, or he gets broken due to his physique.

That’s really all it comes down to. Nothing else. If he stays healthy, and doesn’t become an RGMe shell type player, then he’s prob the best bet between DM and JD. I’m not so sure about JD and CW.

Both CW and DM have more prototypical NFL QB body’s (DM the most), so there is less risk there, no matter how hard we want to argue otherwise, no matter what college stat is thrown around. He’s a little leaner than most NFL players, and he plays a position of risk. So that’s a dangerous combo, as ALL Skins fans know, all too well.

So we will see. It’s a pretty volatile situation. However, the Skins are in a terrific position — as long as they don’t f*** it up.

Reactions: Jags and RedRocking

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Come on Dude. None of us *KNOW* anything. It’s all a guessing game. Odds for, vs odds against.

Daniels is a huge riser. He’s either gonna exceed expectations, or be a bust. I don’t think he’s got a Teddy Bridgewater, or Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston type of career in him.

He’s gonna be ALL THAT, or he gets broken due to his physique.

That’s really all it comes down to. Nothing else. If he stays healthy, and doesn’t become an RGMe shell type player, then he’s prob the best bet between DM and JD. I’m not so sure about JD and CW.

Both CW and DM have more prototypical NFL QB body’s (DM the most), so there is less risk there, no matter how hard we want to argue otherwise, no matter what college stat is thrown around. He’s a little leaner than most NFL players, and he plays a position of risk. So that’s a dangerous combo, as ALL Skins fans know, all too well.

So we will see. It’s a pretty volatile situation. However, the Skins are in a terrific position — as long as they don’t f*** it up.
CW 6’1 215

Vs

JD 6’4 210…..

??

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Caleb’s camp may be trying to start finagling their way out of Chicago. Perhaps those past rumours of CW not wanting to play in BearLand, weren’t just rumours?

The plot thickens. Ahhhhaahahahahahaaaaaaa

It’s getting good!!

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Big deal….let go of your hate, it’s clouding your judgement lol…

On his Dad….not the first asshole parent out there who believed their kid deserved the world on a platter of entitlement.

I’ll judge the kid on his own merits as a Pro. Saying you wouldn’t draft him is just silly.

Nah, his dad is his agent and he doesn't know any of the rules of the NFL. Its guaranteed to be a circus, a distraction, and take away the focus from where it belongs. The medical thing is less of an issue, the players have complained for a while about it an if CW is leading the charge to fix a broken system, then thats fine.

But man, I would stay far away from his dad. Makes Lavar Ball look like Drew Rosenhaus.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nah, his dad is his agent and he doesn't know any of the rules of the NFL. Its guaranteed to be a circus, a distraction, and take away the focus from where it belongs. The medical thing is less of an issue, the players have complained for a while about it an if CW is leading the charge to fix a broken system, then thats fine.

But man, I would stay far away from his dad. Makes Lavar Ball look like Drew Rosenhaus.
I just can’t take your position on CW seriously….his dad is his own man…..he wants what the rules don’t allow today, so he looks dumb for opening his mouth. Doesn’t impact my evaluation of the player negatively….

Reactions: Jags

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
CW 6’1 215

Vs

JD 6’4 210…..

??
Right. One is not like the other?

CW is similar to many NFL QB’s in thickness.

Most of the taller guys are way thicker than 210. Lawrence is maybe close (taller at 6’6, but only 220).

Kirk Cousins is the only guy in the top 20 that is under 210lbs, and he’s only 6’2. Not 6’4.

He’d be the close to the lightest. That’s a thing.

Reactions: RedRocking

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow Lamar Jackson is only 6’2, 215….thought he was bigger….

…and people are worried about JD @ 6’4 210? We know they can put 10-15lbs on him pretty quickly at the NFL level….then he’s a horse with insane legs and a MUCH better passer than LJ…..(love JD’s throwing motion)….

I’ve been pulling for DM all along, but he better show out.

Watch JD come to the combine heavier already and looking good and heads will explode….QBs on Saturday….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad