OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I could see the pats going with a vet QB like Cousins or Russel Wilson to go with Marvin. But FA is before the draft so they would have to tip their hand

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Let me guess, all the NY/LA/NE teams are moving up and nabbing all the best players?
lol. The morning shows last week literally had the Giants moving up for DM. Then the Pats taking him at 3. Then the Raiders trading up for JD.

They’re going to mock all the big names to these markets over the next couple of months. It’s just nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: g00n

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Getting spicy. Give me ekeler or pollard to run with brob

Those guys are going to want to get paid big time as UFA's. But the market for RBs is just so weak. Teams don't want to pay a premium for them anymore. A 3rd/4th round pick is practically free, and could offer production as a backup QB thats good enough to save $10M/per.

Reactions: ynotcaps

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Those guys are going to want to get paid big time as UFA's. But the market for RBs is just so weak. Teams don't want to pay a premium for them anymore. A 3rd/4th round pick is practically free, and could offer production as a backup QB thats good enough to save $10M/per.
I don’t hate the idea of splurging a bit on one of these guys - like a 2-3 year deal. If we have all this cap space, and it doesn’t prevent signing other areas of need ofc.

I like BRob, but he’s not very dynamic. I’d like to give our young QB all the help he can get. A good RB (that is also experienced in blitz pick up) can take some pressure off the new guy.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Free agency is about supply and demand - this huge supply at the position this offseason, something we haven't seen in a long time, could really help keep down the prices in free agency. I would be shocked if any of these backs command what their franchise tag number would be, especially in regard to ekeler/pollard who just had down seasons

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I don’t hate the idea of splurging a bit on one of these guys - like a 2-3 year deal. If we have all this cap space, and it doesn’t prevent signing other areas of need ofc.

I like BRob, but he’s not very dynamic. I’d like to give our young QB all the help he can get. A good RB (that is also experienced in blitz pick up) can take some pressure off the new guy.
I still think they let Brob be the early downs guy, but these other two would be an invaluable check down option for a rookie QB when everything else is covered or the line breaks down. And the area where both ekeler and pollard are most effective. Neither are built to be running up the middle but are great catching dump offs for big gains

Reactions: RedRocking

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Barkley
Ekeler
Jacobs
Henry
Pollard

In that order for me. 1 and 2 are close but I've seen SB take over a game many times. Of that group only Henry has shown that kind of ability, but I fear he's likely wearing down.

Ekeler should be an awesome dual-threat player but something about his game seems soft. Same with Jacobs to a degree.

Pollard...OK, I guess. But still feel like he was better as an RB2.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Barkley
Ekeler
Jacobs
Henry
Pollard

In that order for me. 1 and 2 are close but I've seen SB take over a game many times. Of that group only Henry has shown that kind of ability, but I fear he's likely wearing down.

Ekeler should be an awesome dual-threat player but something about his game seems soft. Same with Jacobs to a degree.

Pollard...OK, I guess. But still feel like he was better as an RB2.
I would love to take barkley from the giants and have him take over for Brob completely, I just think he will easily be the highest paid out of all these guys by far. I see him going to houston

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Hasn’t Barkley been, shall we say, not so durable? Or am I confusing one season, where he was hurt most of it, and expanding that into others?

Reactions: John Price

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Hasn’t Barkley been, shall we say, not so durable? Or am I confusing one season, where he was hurt most of it, and expanding that into others?
A little bit of both. He’s had some injury years (plural), but I believe his last 2 have been relatively healthy?

I need to Google it

Edit — yeah. ‘18 he played 16 games. ‘19 - ‘21, he only played 28 total games (of what, 51?)… with ‘20 being the low point (2 games).

He’s played 30 the past 2 seasons. 14 games last year

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

That's my only reservation with SB, but in those cases iirc they appeared to be pretty serious (at least one high ankle sprain) but he gutted it out and came back sooner than expected.

Every player can expect injuries.

Guys who can fight through injuries like that are much more reassuring. Like Mahomes or Burrow. Those dudes get the shit kicked out of them and pop right back up.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

No idea where all the JD to Washington stuff is coming from besides Kliff Kingsbury has coached mobile QBs.
Okay?

Maye is mobile and also not a pipe cleaner.
jd hasn't run air raid and maye has.

this. he can't stay healthy and rb is very short term in this league. don't waste money on him.

beef up edge and linebacker.

needs

edge
ol
lb

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I look forward to Peters and Quinn improving the LB position. No idea how two former LBs in Del Rio and Rivera could draft one dude Jamin Davis and just call it a day.

Some nice players in this draft with Trotter, Wilson, Colson, etc.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The fact that we had a 7th rounder and an undrafted player as our OTs tells me Snyder gave up and Rivera had no f***ing idea what he was doing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad