OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
No offense taken, but what makes you think Daniels will be a gigantic bust? His frame?
Too many years as a starter in the NCAA and he's already peaked. He's playing against a bunch of guys who are mostly younger than him. He should be beating up on them. Most guys his age in the NCAA do. He's a fast riser to create a good controversial draft story. He looks great beating up on said competition on tape, I can agree on that...but when you take the whole of the situation in it's much less impressive. Just imagine if Connor McMichael went back to the OHL right now. They're the same age.

Reactions: hotpaws and EroCaps

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Is it generally considered a bad idea to trade up and you should always be trying to trade down?

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Is it generally considered a bad idea to trade up and you should always be trying to trade down?
I think that depends where your team is. The commanders need to fill about a dozen holes in their lineup, so trading down probably makes sense. If they had two or three holes in the lineup, trading up would probably make sense for the right player.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’ve watched almost every Michigan game for the last decade or so JJ is not that dude I would keep Howell over him.

They actually had games this season where they didn’t let him throw the entire game and I think that tells you everything
Completely disagree. JJs ability is not the reason they ran more. It was the style of play JH wanted. The WR room was nothing special and they built the team around controlling the line. I would take JJ over howel in a heartbeat.

Also Go Blue!

Reactions: Ajax1995

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Interesting.
The whole situation is odd. It is rather odd that other franchises didn’t at least want to meet with the man and talk franchise development. I would’ve thought BB would meet with more than ONE team?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The whole situation is odd. It is rather odd that other franchises didn’t at least want to meet with the man and talk franchise development. I would’ve thought BB would meet with more than ONE team?
It raises questions (for anyone who cares about this topic).

• Was there an ASSUMPTION around the league that BB would ask for total control, so he got no interviews?
  • Were teams just set on other, younger candidates?
  • Has the league decided that Brady was more responsible for BB's success than BB?

IMO it's probably a combo of those three, split maybe 25/25/50.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Willliams in his own tier and there is more legit debate for who goes two imo. I think it’s Maye but not by a lot and I would totally understand if they go for the home run of Daniels. He’s got more electricity than Maye for sure. The running alone will make him a problem as long as he stays healthy.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Willliams in his own tier and there is more legit debate for who goes two imo. I think it’s Maybe but not by a lot and I would totally understand if they go for the home run of Daniels. He’s got more electricity than Maye for sure. The running alone will make him a problem as long as he stays healthy.

I get that the NFL is different, but JD started 55 out of 55 games and as near as I can tell, he never missed a start including 12 starts when he was a 175 lb true freshman at Arizona. He'll have to learn to protect himself in the NFL, but he's not exactly injury prone.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
As far as I can tell, JD is the clearest high risk high reward. I think I’m changing my stance and want the safer pick in Maye just because I can’t shake those rg3 Nam flashbacks. Probably shortsighted but this franchise hasn’t had a stable lock at the qb position for decades. Get the 6’4 229lb. guy. And I hope he starts Day 1

Bears can take that “historic” trade price and shove it up their ass

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Saw an idea floating out there about signing ekeler, any thoughts? I thought it was intriguing provided its not some massive overpayment, he was misused this last year under staley and didnt fully recover from that high ankle sprain. He’s no 1st/2nd down option, we have brob for that but he could still be extremely effective as a passing downs back, nice check down option for a rookie qb

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Saw an idea floating out there about signing ekeler, any thoughts? I thought it was intriguing provided its not some massive overpayment, he was misused this last year under staley and didnt fully recover from that high ankle sprain. He’s no 1st/2nd down option, we have brob for that but he could still be extremely effective as a passing downs back, nice check down option for a rookie qb
I’d rather go after Saquon Barkley if they’re going to target a FA RB. And I don’t want to spend big money on a running back regardless of who it is if they decide to bring someone in.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1707687395881.png

Hoooo boy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad