OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Hard not to feel that way right now.

Watch them hire EB…I’m almost hoping for some dark horse college candidate out of nowhere.

This is unfair…he didn’t have a shot at being THE guy. They could have done that but instead decided to nuzzle Rivera’s balls instead of making the hard decision in season.

I’d be happy w Pete C or Vrabel. Very.

Reactions: Corby78

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Seriously what happened with Vrabel, he getting an interview?
Peters’ good buddy hates Vrabel. That isn’t happening.

Losing out on Johnson, Macdonald, and Morris is pretty shitty.

Everyone had DC as the 1 or 2 top destination. Odd.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
EB is still under contract make him ride it out a year as the HC and then walk away next year unless the team takes off. Try again. You sign Quinn and you're stuck with another 3-5 year Rivera. Take Kyle Shannahan away from Quinn and he's 24-29 as a head coach.

He doesn’t have a contract to be a HC for a year, and I seriously doubt he’s taking a one year lame duck job.

Reactions: John Price

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Any coach that is scared off by a rebuild with the #2 pick (huge potential stud rookie QB that he can shape) 90 mil in cap, a bunch of picks, a very accomplished new GM AND no more snyder is a f***ing p***y that can't handle any pressure. Needs a cushy environment to feed off of. f*** em

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
My power rankings for next Skins coach:
1 Vrabel
2 Bill
3 EB
4 Pete Carroll
5 Wild Card any one better then Quinn
6 Quinn

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Wondering if there are too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to being more decisive in the coaching search.
Good point. It’s also a new group so they were probably learning a lot about the league during the interview process so didn’t want to rush it. Problem is it slowed them down a touch most likely. End of the day they were drinking their own Kool-Aid thinking they had Johnson in the bag and he pulled the rug out. It could just as easily be a blessing in disguise if BJ is actually a softy and whoever they bring in does yeoman’s work. Time will tell.

Reactions: usiel

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
League off-season does not officially start until the end of the Super Bowl. There is no rush until then.
Coaches are putting their staffs together, though. They’re already dead last, and will keep falling further behind if they wait until the SB.

If they literally had no backup plan after BJ, then it’s a big screw up. If it’s DQ, then just get it done, and maybe there’s still some young, bright QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator they can nab for OC.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Coaches are putting their staffs together, though. They’re already dead last, and will keep falling further behind if they wait until the SB.

If they literally had no backup plan after BJ, then it’s a big screw up. If it’s DQ, then just get it done, and maybe there’s still some young, bright QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator they can nab for OC.
The writing is all over the wall. It was a big screwup, and we need to reevaluate everything. No need to rush into Dan Quinn to save a few days of planning.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
In all fairness Washington has been a place where coaches go to die for a while. Not since the Shanny tree anyway. Yes “he who shall not be named” is gone but the stink isn’t quite gone yet

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
nfl doesn't want them going past this week, so they must make a hire this week pretty much

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Doesn't sound like a guy very confident of his own coaching abilities.

Enjoy Detroit, then.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Quinn wasn’t my first choice but I don’t get the blind hate for him. He obviously did great things and set a new league standard for defense with Seattle. Dallas has had a top five defense every year since he got there and he’s developed some All-Pro players in Jerry World. He had a lot of success with Atlanta until the roster fell apart. With the Falcons he took a team that went 4-12 and 6-10 the two years before he got there and went 8-8, 11-5, and 10-6 his first three years with the latter two seasons ending in the playoffs to the team that won the Super Bowl that year. His last two seasons weren’t great but Atlanta hasn’t had a winning season since Quinn left as coach so I don’t think you can put all the blame on him.

We all wanted a young offensive guy to be the HC but Quinn is not Jim Zorn. He’s a very good coach who has made his teams better at every stop and if he builds a solid staff around him I don’t see why he couldn’t have success. I’m pretty sure I’d rather have him than any of the first time coaching candidates still in the mix.

I’d be happy with Weaver too. Glenn I’m not sure I get the hype on… he may be a leader of men but the Lions defense has been ass under him so that is a big red flag for me.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Quinn wasn’t my first choice but I don’t get the blind hate for him. He obviously did great things and set a new league standard for defense with Seattle. Dallas has had a top five defense every year since he got there and he’s developed some All-Pro players in Jerry World. He had a lot of success with Atlanta until the roster fell apart. With the Falcons he took a team that went 4-12 and 6-10 the two years before he got there and went 8-8, 11-5, and 10-6 his first three years with the latter two seasons ending in the playoffs to the team that won the Super Bowl that year. His last two seasons weren’t great but Atlanta hasn’t had a winning season since Quinn left as coach so I don’t think you can put all the blame on him.

We all wanted a young offensive guy to be the HC but Quinn is not Jim Zorn. He’s a very good coach who has made his teams better at every stop and if he builds a solid staff around him I don’t see why he couldn’t have success. I’m pretty sure I’d rather have him than any of the first time coaching candidates still in the mix.

I’d be happy with Weaver too. Glenn I’m not sure I get the hype on… he may be a leader of men but the Lions defense has been ass under him so that is a big red flag for me.

He’s probably fine..will coach up a capable defensive squad I’m sure, just after hearing “no retreads” and the league’s direction towards younger offensive minds at the helm, nothing super attractive about Dan Quinn for me. He would probably be fine…but I was hoping for more than just fine…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad