OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Curious, if the falcons didn't lose that Superbowl, would everyone have different thoughts about Quinn?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Curious, if the falcons didn't lose that Superbowl, would everyone have different thoughts about Quinn?
Not me its just recency bias when it comes to having another defensive HC. Also seeing all the Shanahan coaching tree and the move to going youngers HCs does influence me a bit.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Then, there’s the flip side. Washington really liked Johnson. But this was no fait accompli. In fact, as I’d heard it, the Commanders were hitting a soft reset in their process this week, looking to go with in-person interviews, and open-minded to wherever those talks would take them.
Sounds very much like he did not want to leave DET and gave WFT a poison pill proposal while mailing in the interview and sending signals that gave Harris & Co. pause (most likely projecting his lack of enthusiasm for leaving DET).

"I'd rather stay where I am. Comfortable, stable, good environment, good boss, good pay, team close to the Super Bowl, don't have to uproot my family...but if you're willing to pay me a f*** ton of money I'll consider leaving."

Something like that going on in his head.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing some signs of cracks in the foundation already…watch us get left standing at the alter lol.

Jerry Jones on TV saying next year “we’re all in”…..so it’s ride or die in Dallas next year. Can’t imagine Quinn would be dumb enough to decline the job to stay in Dallas one more year unless he truly believes Dak can finally take them to the title.

I’m not loving this process so far. The Paul Allen trust can meet or beat any compensation Harris can offer. Feels like we’re about to lose out on Mike M, and now Mayhew is staying on? nervy times…

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
not the biggest quinn fan but he would fit the mold of a good leader of men which is what they need

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So much for “no retreads” if they go Quinn.

We went from the most attractive opportunity to the 2nd to last man standing in musical chairs lol…

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Quinn feels to much like Ron. He can lead players and coaches D

If Thats what we want just go get Bill for 2 years... And try again next group

Bill would become the GOAT coach if he some how makes us a winner and sets the all time coaching wins while doing it. Hes what 13 away.

Bill will have his pick of a top 3 QB draft pick. Scary Terry and Dotson is better then anything NE has had in years.

A month ago Bill was almost last on my list but we are down to our like 7th choice and whats left looks like bottom feeders

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
1706723011977.png

The whole twitter thread.

• Wow
Reactions: John Price

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Grant and Danny radio show alluded to Ben Johnson hearing we are going to do a complete rebuild and he didnt want to be a part of that.

IDK

Just get the QB draft pick right and get him a QB whisperer

----

Mayhew - hes under contract so im guessing the decision is "pay him, let him work while we build our front office, there is work to be done" .. or ... "pay him, fire him ... and then"

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Seahawks are hiring Macdonald. Washington the only one looking for a dance partner now.

Kind of feels like if they were going with Quinn they’d have announced it by now but maybe not.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
f***ing brutal. Optimism about our new GM may have been overstated...his first task and he blew it, big time. Feels like some Snyder shit.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah or the two candidates they interviewed to cover the Rooney rule. Weaver and Glenn.

Some people might say they interviewed them on merit, but who knows. One or both of them might end up being great head coaches some day. Maybe even for us?

They also interviewed Raheem Morris... so they are more than covered on the Rooney rule.

Reactions: TCB

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
With the rollercoaster this coaching carousel has been so far i wouldnt be surprised if we hire Bill out of nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad