OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ahhh, whoops.

He’s one of those guys that was available at 40 in a lot of mocks. I wasn’t looking for a DT, but was looking at good value then.

Now he’ll fall farther. Might wake him up and make him “happy to be here” re: NFL, and he gets his shit together.

If he’s around at 67 or 78, would be tremendous player value then.

Maybe its just the idealist in me, but I'd hard pass on a guy dumb enough to drive drunk less than 3 weeks before the draft. His lack of self discipline does not translate to NFL success. Was an Uber out of the thought process here?

I'll save 2nd chances for hot girlfriends, not drunk drivers in the NFL. Let him be someone else's wasted pick.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Didn't jalen carter do something similar and the eagles essentially got a steal with him at #9?

A steal with some real maturity issues. Death threats against a players kids? Really? Again, hard pass on this type of person, even if they can rush the passer.

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This is way cool. For having done these sim drafts SO MANY FREAKING TIMES, I know all of these names and players, and about where they should go in the draft.

Especially illuminating are the T’s, WR’s, and CB’s. Edge’s as well. Plus like no interior OL or DL (save one each). No S, which is odd.

Also find it interesting they are doing a 30 meet with JD and Penix, but no other QBs. I think we should definitely over analyze this and form opinions about what it means without having true insight :D:D:D

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Also find it interesting they are doing a 30 meet with JD and Penix, but no other QBs. I think we should definitely over analyze this and form opinions about what it means without having true insight :D:D:D
Much as I would love to, these are "reported so far," so they've got plenty more to schedule.

(Though it probably means we plan to draft JD at #2 and then trade back in to the 1st to get Penix -- double-bag it, baby!)

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I wonder if theres any draft day parties in DC this year. I work downtown so i would totally show up for one. And I just want to see the reaction for our pick

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Calling Bucky Irving to the Commies in the 3rd.

It’s pretty amazing how wrong so many of these analysts are reviewing past drafts. As in, if they had any other job they’d have been shit canned years ago.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I wonder if theres any draft day parties in DC this year. I work downtown so i would totally show up for one. And I just want to see the reaction for our pick
nope, not for round 1

there is an official draft day party saturday at national harbor

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Interesting 4 round mock with Washington taking two tight ends.
Eugene Chen's analytics favorably weigh TEs

Really bad TE draft it seems. Hopefully if we do reach for the Texas TE Sanders he pans out .. or they have an under the radar guy that pans out.

We'll see what they do but they have to do something as Ertz is not TE1 . or maybe he becomes the London Fletcher for us.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

My summary: His big time throws are spectacularly big time. He's aggressive, he loves to look deep, and throws guys open deep very well... at times. Other times, his poor supporting cast doesn't allow him to throw them open because they run into coverage, leaving him with few options. Finally, he also makes poor decisions, trying to be aggressive when its not there, and it leads to poor mechanics/bad accuracy, or just wild throws into coverage that he shouldn't have made at all. Also talks about how he gets pressured a lot which leads to bad decisions, but does occasionally beat the pressure with a big time throw.

Summary of the summary: He's aggressive and capable of hitting incredible throws, but it gets him in trouble sometimes when the throw shouldn't be made and he passes on the easier (open) target in favor of the big play.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Eugene Chen's analytics favorably weigh TEs

Really bad TE draft it seems. Hopefully if we do reach for the Texas TE Sanders he pans out .. or they have an under the radar guy that pans out.

We'll see what they do but they have to do something as Ertz is not TE1 . or maybe he becomes the London Fletcher for us.
Sinnott (sp?) K State seems to be the darling riser. Might be a guy we could get in the 3rd. More catch than block, but that's what we need -- all our recent drafted TEs are blockers first -- or just suck.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
My summary: His big time throws are spectacularly big time. He's aggressive, he loves to look deep, and throws guys open deep very well... at times. Other times, his poor supporting cast doesn't allow him to throw them open because they run into coverage, leaving him with few options. Finally, he also makes poor decisions, trying to be aggressive when its not there, and it leads to poor mechanics/bad accuracy, or just wild throws into coverage that he shouldn't have made at all. Also talks about how he gets pressured a lot which leads to bad decisions, but does occasionally beat the pressure with a big time throw.

Summary of the summary: He's aggressive and capable of hitting incredible throws, but it gets him in trouble sometimes when the throw shouldn't be made and he passes on the easier (open) target in favor of the big play.
Sounds like a taller, more talented version of Sam Howell or Rex "f*** it, Im going deep" Grossman

Lots of pressure = cant read pre snap
bad throws from pressure = cant read post snap, doesnt know where his release or hot route is .. or doesnt even know he should be looking to quick ball the play to begin with

I personally hope we dont draft Maye .. but im an idiot as well

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Who am I? Drake Maye or Josh Allen? lol

1000007210.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad