Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
f6818c58-8140-4c47-870e-3b0ecaf11d72_text.gif

Reactions: Forgotusername

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Still wondering what's in Bo's mind. Does he really want out and won't re-sign under any circumstance? Or is he very open to staying? Does he like Toronto/Canada? I really think Jays need to get him and Vladdy done, if possible

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He's improved a lot, especially since his first callup. Since August 18th he has a k rate of just over 11%.

Having Barger, Wagner, Horwitz, and Loperfido on the team next year will really help them direct salary elsewhere.
I feel like they should direct all the money thay have at the best DH they can get and to improve the bullpen.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I feel like they should direct all the money thay have at the best DH they can get and to improve the bullpen.
They definitely need a big bat. I wouldn't target a DH just a guy that is really good with the bat. If he plays LF, 3B, etc. it doesn't matter. If the team decides to keep Bo it would be a great lineup. Santander is a good option.

I believe I said this in the last few days but I don't think the bullpen is in as bad of shape compared to their results this year. Swanson is looking like he's coming around. He might not be that high leverage guy but I think he could be a middle leverage guy next season. It will be interesting to see how Romano does when he comes back. If he pitches similar to the previous years they would have.

Romano
Green
Little
Cabrera
Swanson

I would think they need another high leverage guy but that is likely it.

Reactions: aingefan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They definitely need a big bat. I wouldn't target a DH just a guy that is really good with the bat. If he plays LF, 3B, etc. it doesn't matter. If the team decides to keep Bo it would be a great lineup. Santander is a good option.

I believe I said this in the last few days but I don't think the bullpen is in as bad of shape compared to their results this year. Swanson is looking like he's coming around. He might not be that high leverage guy but I think he could be a middle leverage guy next season. It will be interesting to see how Romano does when he comes back. If he pitches similar to the previous years they would have.

Romano
Green
Little
Cabrera
Swanson

I would think they need another high leverage guy but that is likely it.
I think they need another 8th inning guy. Outside of Green none of those guys are very good at saving games if Romano is not available.

Reactions: canucksfan

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Looks like a fun game to watch today if you’re a jays fan.

My question why the f is Schneider still in the big leagues. They need to send him down to figure his poop out. He is certainly not figuring it out with the big club. Looking like a flash in the pan

Reactions: Puckstuff

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
If they were willing to splash on Ohtani, should be willing to go all in on Soto. Not the same player but Soto is a game changer.

Looks like a fun game to watch today if you’re a jays fan.

My question why the f is Schneider still in the big leagues. They need to send him down to figure his poop out. He is certainly not figuring it out with the big club. Looking like a flash in the pan
I don't know what happened here. I am not convinced he can't play, he needs to rebuild in the offseason.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He's improved a lot, especially since his first callup. Since August 18th he has a k rate of just over 11%.

Having Barger, Wagner, Horwitz, and Loperfido on the team next year will really help them direct salary elsewhere.
They are flat out better with Horwitz, Wagner, Barger, Clement etc then they are with Turner, Kiermaier and IKF for 1/15 the cost. Selling high on IKF was a fantastic move as well who's come back down to earth with the Pirates.

Let's hope they go for quality over quantity this offseason because the Jays have good players at every position.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
They are flat out better with Horwitz, Wagner, Barger, Clement etc then they are with Turner, Kiermaier and IKF for 1/15 the cost. Selling high on IKF was a fantastic move as well who's come back down to earth with the Pirates.

Let's hope they go for quality over quantity this offseason because the Jays have good players at every position.
Corbin Burnes and Soto please not asking for too much am I. Not only improves us but takes a huge amount away from two rivals. Trade Bo and go after Willy Adams as well just don't think Bo wants to stay and truthfully he sucks at SS and refuses to realize it and move for team to 2nd or 3rd. Truthfully I'd be ecstatic if we got Adams and Burnes and assets from Bo deal. Soto a pipe dream I know.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
If I were to rank the teams needs to jump back into contention for 25, I think I’d go:
Middle order masher- 1b/3b/cof….position doesn’t matter much
Top rotation starter
High leverage reliever
Second catcher
Between free agency and a Bo trade (or signing and he needs to return to second masher status, but I lean to believing reports that he wants out more than he wants to stay), it’s not that overwhelming a list.
The need for a masher is pretty clear. There’s a handful of fits in FA. Signing one is realistic.
I think the bullpen, obviously bad this year, can turn around quick. That’s why I rank starting pitcher as a higher need than a reliever - the volatility of the position plays a part - but mostly a top rotation type can buffer impending decline from Bassit/Gausman and the eventual transition of younger pitchers. That would also push Rodriguez to the pen where his stuff would be plus as a long man or night even play up in shorter high leverage situations. There’s a few good FA targets there.
Then adding a high leverage reliever pushes Green down a slot, and buffers risk related to Romano’s injury return. I mean, adding a reliable-ish high leverage guy and YRod to the pen is a big upgrade, particularly if Romano is back healthy.
And teams need two catchers. Funny enough, the fourth ranked need might be the scarcest and hardest to fill, especially a LH one.
If FA can provide fills for two of those needs, and a Bo trade at least one….that’s a pretty strong off-season. Easy enough to tinker around the edges and use the system to round things out from there.

Reactions: canucksfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad