Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Reactions: canucksfan

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Lol get 5 hits and get sat. f***ing moron idiot pos. I can’t stand this f***. Can’t wait for him to be fired. Stupid f***.

Hes one of the only reasons to watch the team right now.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Yeesh! A few weeks ago I was planning to post something saying Lukes, Santos, and Eisert would be called up in some capacity for September, but I walked away from my browser and lost the post. This might be my best year ever.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is the worst HP umpire I’ve seen in quite some time.

Balls are strikes and strikes are balls.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wonder what the umpire scorecard looked like for that half inning alone. Seems like he missed about 10 calls.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That 8th inning callapse might have ended any small chance of playoffs. Difference between 6.5 out and 8.5 out.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
That 8th inning callapse might have ended any small chance of playoffs. Difference between 6.5 out and 8.5 out.
Easier said than done but the Jays lost 4 winnable games; 2 vs Boston and 2 be Minny. Win those games and you’re 2.5 GBs from Minny for the last wildcard spot with maybe Bo and Romano coming back.

Big opportunity missed.

Back firmly on the tank train. Hoping we play solid games but lose at least 5 of the next 6 vs Philly and Atlanta.

Reactions: aingefan

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Big loss. Keep us with a top 10 pick.

Clement
Horwitz
Wagner
Luperfido
Jiminez

All make the team alot more enjoyable.

Sure beats Turner, Kk, IKF etc
Agreed.

Looking back at last offseason, a lot of the alternative free agents the Jays could have been interested in i.e Soler, Hoskins, Jung Ho-Lee, Candelario etc are not looking like good deals either but those deals are all multi-year deals.

The jays getting a bunch of scrubs on 1-2 year deals and then selling them all off for prospects is looking like great business since it hasn’t handcuffed the team into 2025.

Payroll flexibility is a major win.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Agreed.

Looking back at last offseason, a lot of the alternative free agents the Jays could have been interested in i.e Soler, Hoskins, Jung Ho-Lee, Candelario etc are not looking like good deals either but those deals are all multi-year deals.

The jays getting a bunch of scrubs on 1-2 year deals and then selling them all off for prospects is looking like great business since it hasn’t handcuffed the team into 2025.

Payroll flexibility is a major win.

When you put it that way, maybe Atkins is a good GM? Seems like there indeed was a lot of mediocrity in terms available players. I still think they land either Soto or Santander. Vladdy luring those guys in also doesn’t hurt. I wouldn’t rule them out of Corbin Burnes either. The eatin is good this winter, so may as well eat.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The last six weeks or so have been super encouraging for the chances of retooling next year. So many guys are making the most of their auditions that it really makes it feel like they're not too far off.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Why? He's a scrub who only showed up when the games didn't matter. How dare he have the audacity to get hot later in the season now instead of later in the season in other years or early in the season this year. If he was a winner he would've made himself do better when he needed to.

You know what he has to say to all these allegations?

Okay burger boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad