NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Friendly reminder that the Niners took Trey Lance in the top 5 and only were allowed to pretend they didn't f*** up because they found their actual guy at the ass end of the draft.

Kinda reminds me of the RG3/Cousins saga. For old heads, the Heath Shuler/Gus Frerotte situation

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Friendly reminder that the Niners took Trey Lance in the top 5 and only were allowed to pretend they didn't f*** up because they found their actual guy at the ass end of the draft.

Kinda reminds me of the RG3/Cousins saga. For old heads, the Heath Shuler/Gus Frerotte situation

The terrible field at Fedex Field did RG3 knee for the rest of his career, plus him throwing Mike Shanahan under the bus, alienating his offensive line who refused to block for him, being calling a 'cornball brother' by Rob Parker on live TV, being BFF's with disgraced owner Dan Snyder.

Niners realized they screwed up so the traded Lance to whatever they can.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
One for the thumb.

They’ve given him a lot of game reps, and all this stuff is on tape. It’s been a calendar year, you either think he can play or you don’t.

How could they possible think he can?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All blockers tired. Will always block the closest guy but he was going to just past the DL but the TE got him at the end. That TE might have just earned a spot on the team with that hustle play. Coaches will remember that effort play.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder if we see Rattler at some point this season. The Saints are a team that's going nowhere, which is the same place Carr has been his entire career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder if we see Rattler at some point this season. The Saints are a team that's going nowhere, which is the same place Carr has been his entire career.
Saints, would have been better off these past 2 seasons to have just eaten their dead cap charges and then reset their salary cap structure after Brees retired.

NO paying Carr $60 mill total for 23 and 24. But will only take $20 mill of total cap charges over these 2 seasons. $40 mill pushed ahead plus another $10 mill in guaranteed money for 2025, so $50 mill left to eat if they move off him after this season.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
What in god's name are the Commies wearing on NBC right now?

Racist names aside, they used to have one of the best uniforms in all of sport and it was a unique look. Such a shame.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It’s a house of cards that will eventually collapse, but it will come down to the new offense and whether or not they can run. As many shots as I’ve taken at Carr, you look at his numbers last year and they’re right where you want to be for a playoff team. He’s a problem when you gotta have a score, and that’s no small problem, but you wouldn’t think he would be as good as he was with such poor production from the run game, which has the real centerpiece of the offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Drake Maye looking good but that last one is a hospital ball.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
7 flags in the first half for that OL. Kid would get killed or would be running for his life and likely trying to make something out of nothing and throw a bunch of picks.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
In 2 games after Boston media started to push for Milton > Maye, Milton has completed 7 passes for 98 yards.

In 24 attempts. Turns out he's still not good at the whole "passing" part of being a QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The pre-season games are now over.
11 days away from full football action. the BAL/KC opener on Thursday after La our Day. Then the next day we get GB/Phi in Brazil. College football Saturday. Sunday full slate then MNF.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think you see 4 different guys under center as the line will not be able to protect them. Carr will get crushed because he can't move and has so-so awareness. Tay Hill will likely see the odd snap at QB. Rattler will get in and then get hurt scrambling. Then we will see Haener run for his life for a bit. Who Dat!!!

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think you see 4 different guys under center as the line will not be able to protect them. Carr will get crushed because he can't move and has so-so awareness. Tay Hill will likely see the odd snap at QB. Rattler will get in and then get hurt scrambling. Then we will see Haener run for his life for a bit. Who Dat!!!
As far as mobility goes, Derek Carr is quite adequate, if not slightly above average.
His processing brain...not there. There are worse, but he never was a quick field reader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad