Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hope Tua's okay after that hit. IMO, he should really consider retiring for his long-term health. 4 concussions in 2 seasons is nothing to mess with.

On the football side of things, it was beautiful, glorious schadenfreude to watch McDaniel's faith and confidence in his supposed franchise QB crumble in real time, until all he could throw was swings, screens, and 5-7 yard checkdowns. Also nice to be on the other side of the Poyer 15 yard penalty and getting outraced to the end zone on a big run play.

Hats off to McD and Babich for their work with the defense. Hard to nitpick anything, but in general, I hope they can find some better DT depth, or that Carter improves during the season.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
And for those McD is too conservative and doesn't go for it on 4th down, etc, etc.

Big play in this game. 4th and 3 on MIami's 17. It is definitively not on the goal line and was truly a coin flip decision. McD went aggressive, TD. Big play in setting the tone in the game.
he went for it because his team got a turnover on this possession.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Great win. McDe seems to have McDa's number although with the Dolphins roster it's difficult to feel confident heading into any game against them.

For me the Tua injury ruined any joy that there may have been for the victory. Hamlin didn't even hit him. Tua fell/slid/dove into Hamlin's body and knocked himself out. I hope he is able to return this season but for the sake of his future self and his family I hope he visits a few neurologists to gather information about his current and future health and explores all avenues to strengthen his brain, recover from this concussion and protect himself from future brain injuries as best he can.

Offensive players make similar contact into defensive players in every game however most don’t result in concussions so that leads into the discussion about people being more susceptible to additional concussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uberpecker

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Great win. McDe seems to have McDa's number although with the Dolphins roster it's difficult to feel confident heading into any game against them.

The Tua injury ruined any joy that there may have been for the victory. Hamlin didn't even hit him. Tua fell/slid/dove into Hamlin's body and knocked himself out. I hope he is able to return this season but for the sake of his future self and his family I hope he visits a few neurologists to gather information about his current and future health and explores all avenues to strengthen his brain, recover from this concussion and protect himself from future brain injuries as best he can.

i definitely got joy out of this win, idk what you're talking about.

Tua should retire. He just signed a massive deal with guaranteed dollars and so long as he has the best medical treatment in the world available to him, I assume life will be okay.

I entirely forgot Elam was even an option on this team, on a lesser note. Ingram is solid and I think McDermott might be the best secondary coach in the NFL.

Reactions: Matt Ress

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I know the task is about Allen owning the fish. But McDermott owns McDaniel. The most points they've scored against us is 29 in a game including a pick six and Thompson at QB.

You can't roll in and play Buffalo with a weakness on offense. And Miami with tua's weakness is making the QB hit reads beyond read #1. McD will eat your lunch.
It's hard to count to one when you see double

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

IMG_0164.jpeg

That Miami Copium is just different.

:laugh:

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Elam is a backup boundary corner. Why would he be playing in dime/nickel corner positions or extra safety? I don't think it was a choice between Ingram and Elam, Elam came in for Benford or Douglas when game was over.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You have to think
My heart rate has not gone down yet since the start of the game. We know how these things can go.
Not with Allen at the helm theu dont! Once we went up 31-10, I started breathing easy. No way Tua was leading a come back against McDs defense and Josh Allen on the other side of the field.

Great game all around except for Bass's shank. Geez. Was it blocked?!

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The major media outlets are all really sticking with the narrative that Tua wasn't concussed in Buffalo. You hear a lot of "third confirmed concussion" out there, which just goes to show how far-reaching their lawyers' influence is, and how far people will go to protect their own interests. Not unlike Gary Bettman publicly denying the link between concussions and CTE.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad