NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Take the Harrison's for all they are worth. What are they trying to prove?

It's so weird

fanatics: "how come you're not doing any of the things listed in the contract
--
Harrison: " i dont have to, my company signed with you guys, not me"
--
Fanatics: "but you said you are your company, and sole beneficiary"
--
Harrison" I am my company, but im not doing any of those things in the contract"

he's using some sort of pie in the sky legalize

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It's so weird

fanatics: "how come you're not doing any of the things listed in the contract
--
Harrison: " i dont have to, my company signed with you guys, not me"
--
Fanatics: "but you said you are your company, and sole beneficiary"
--
Harrison" I am my company, but im not doing any of those things in the contract"

he's using some sort of pie in the sky legalize
Phenomenal..

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That is why the NFL and all pro teams (in North America) pay the player and not a company owned by the player. A company is a separate legal entity. Even if there is just 1 sole beneficiary of it.

Bit off topic, but I recall there was a soccer player who made headlines with his divorce because he put everything into his mother's name? Not sure how he was able to do that for his soccer salary, as for endorsements, I would understand how that would happen. I would think the money from his club team should land in his account first and if he wanted it moved to his mother's account, he was free to do that.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That is why the NFL and all pro teams (in North America) pay the player and not a company owned by the player. A company is a separate legal entity. Even if there is just 1 sole beneficiary of it.

Bit off topic, but I recall there was a soccer player who made headlines with his divorce because he put everything into his mother's name? Not sure how he was able to do that for his soccer salary, as for endorsements, I would understand how that would happen. I would think the money from his club team should land in his account first and if he wanted it moved to his mother's account, he was free to do that.
Meh, lawyers and the courts can pierce the veil....that's the trap that the system has set. You think you're separated, but they'll put you on the spot at some point and then your company no longer is a buffer if the elements are met.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad