NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I really liked RG3. Damn.

Odd timing with college football back in 2 weeks.
RG3 was different, I'll give him that. Tried to have different angles on his takes. I mean, in this age of media, you need to stand out vs blend in with the others. Otherwise, it's easy for the network to hire the most recently retired players and give them a shot at a lower price point.

He fit better for college FB IMO than with the NFL show.

Just seems like odd timing given that football season kicks off within 4 weeks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oh yea I mostly only saw his CFB stuff. His broadcasts were very fun.
RG3 doing color seemed like a better fit for him and his talent vs as an in-studio analyst.

Sanchez, for me, has been a surprise with his analysis work, when he goes on Cowherd's show and others to break down the game and QB play. Didn't think he was that good a student of the game. I expect that more from an Alex Smith and Matt Ryan, but then again, Sanchez wasn't that athletic a QB. Just didn't have a big arm. He does have a few quirky color comments, like a couple of years ago, saying how someone did something so fast, like a teenager deleting their browsing history....

Reactions: LT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody worth a shit playing for the Eagles on offense it sounds like. They did a joint practice.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to see Maye get a decent amount of snaps tonight. You can see the talent and athleticism with that one third down throw in the middle of the field and scrambles. Also the rawness and inconsistency with him hesitating and missing a couple of easy ones where he was high on both. Pretty solid showing overall.

Pickett is as bad as ever. Oh my God does he look bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nice to see Maye get a decent amount of snaps tonight. You can see the talent and athleticism with that one third down throw in the middle of the field and scrambles. Also the rawness and inconsistency with him hesitating and missing a couple of easy ones where he was high on both. Pretty solid showing overall.

Pickett is as bad as ever. Oh my God does he look bad.

Tanner McKee should be the #2 QB for the Eagles if all things were equal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bailey Zappe QB4?

Botched snap and that ends this one.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
RG3 doing color seemed like a better fit for him and his talent vs as an in-studio analyst.

Sanchez, for me, has been a surprise with his analysis work, when he goes on Cowherd's show and others to break down the game and QB play. Didn't think he was that good a student of the game. I expect that more from an Alex Smith and Matt Ryan, but then again, Sanchez wasn't that athletic a QB. Just didn't have a big arm. He does have a few quirky color comments, like a couple of years ago, saying how someone did something so fast, like a teenager deleting their browsing history....
In reality, even the worst QBs are raked through the coals of learning the position. That means playbooks, reading defenses, etc. So you can have guys like Chris Simms or JT O'Sullivan talk about them. In the case Simms, because actually is deficient in many things, he might know what elements to look for, which why he's quite good at scouting them(i.e he saw something in Mahomes back before all the NFL production)
Football is just as much a cerebral game as it is physical, and quarterbacks have to study. EX-QBs got thousands of hours of study. The NFL fan...zero is common, or they follow certain channels like Alex Rollins at best.

QB converts also utilize that knowledge, hence why Kelce and Edelman can slice things up. They read defenses.

And personality or demeanor is something that leads people to mis-infer about their study habits. Deion Sanders seems like a fun guy. But while certainly did have his fun, he is one of the most workaholic players ever(he said he was looking at opponents' film after the game is over in that HoF documentary), and one with very high standards(he's not keen on Eli being a HoFer). It's similar with Romo.

Reactions: Peat

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I was just implying that Gruden also had a habit of saying he likes every QB.

Gruden was also a racist, homophobic, transphobic and misogynistic f***ing moron who got caught. Good he won a Super Bowl but his name is as popular as 10 week old ass water with toilet paper surrounding it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Daniel Jones 11/18 but 2 picks, one of which was a touchdown on only a 5-yard return. Guessing that was a broken pass.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Are the 2024 Chicago Bears the greatest team ever assembled?!

654fb688-ceff-4ae8-9ed7-377def533d0d_screenshot.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad