WJC: 2024 Team Canada Roster Talk - Part 1

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
.jessica alba would be beside me right now.
1687571036775.png

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil and jj cale

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Who does everything think Canada's goalie with be?
I would say DiVincentiis and Ratzlaff will be the main options for 1 & 2, even as a Jets fan watching DV carry North Bay in the OHL playoffs he was incredible and stole games that North Bay had no business being in at certain points, dragged them to the OHL conference final. Ratzlaff was really good at the Hlinka and will look to fully grasp the starting net in Seattle after Milic’s departure, while Milic was winning gold Ratzlaff went on a tear for Seattle. Both will be very good options in net to win gold.

Bjarnasson or some random who might be better at that time will get 3rd string.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

Fantilli will not be back

And since when does simply signing a pro contract preclude the chances of (insert prospect name) being released to their junior team for the tournament? You really believe Fantilli is a ROY candidate for the 2023/24 season? I sure as hell don't. I think he is making a big mistake in being another one and done college player. Should have returned to Michigan. It absolutely blows my mind that one team can be consistently bad for so long and burn through almost all their top pics by rushing them to the pros only to watch them flame out by year 4. over and over again and never learn the lesson.

Last edited:

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Last edited:

SkeeterPumpkinEater

Dec 2, 2021
My guess:

Scratched
Nadeau, Firkus, Molendyk

10 Last Cuts: Ziemmer, Cristall, Heidt, Howe, Gauthier, Perron, Price, Gibson, Dragacevic, Ratzlaff

Generally selecting 2004s over 2005s. I could see good arguments for most of the cuts, and lines are merely random guesses at this point.
What if they pick Sultama in the draft?

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
My guess:

Scratched
Nadeau, Firkus, Molendyk

10 Last Cuts: Ziemmer, Cristall, Heidt, Howe, Gauthier, Perron, Price, Gibson, Dragacevic, Ratzlaff

Generally selecting 2004s over 2005s. I could see good arguments for most of the cuts, and lines are merely random guesses at this point.
I have to imagine Parekh gets a look, right side is weaker than the left and he can be a third paring second power play defenseman not unlike Jaime Drysdale in 2020

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I have to imagine Parekh gets a look, right side is weaker than the left and he can be a third paring second power play defenseman not unlike Jaime Drysdale in 2020
I don’t think he get’s a sniff at this team. There are better offensive blueliners that are older, more experienced and aren’t tire fires in their own zone.

Reactions: kyle44

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I could see sawchyn making a case if he does well once not buried in seattle

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This team has a lot of interesting ways it can go at forward. A lot of undersized offensive drivers they can go with, some quality two way players as well. I imagine that Canada will leave a few small scorers who are torching the CHL at home come December.

Not sure what to make of the potential defence, but there are usually a few surprises and some big guys thrown in.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Do you think any of these London Knights get a sniff:

Bonk, Cowan, Barkey, Dickinson, George?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad