Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Not sure what type of sources Jussi is posting about United going after Simons because Fabrizio is reporting that Xavi Simons is on the verge of signing with Leipzig.

- Bologna might get hijacked by Real Madrid in signing Hummels.

- Alexander-Arnold re-signing with Liverpool.

- Bayern have bid 55 million for Dous, which I guess got outbid by PSG right now.

- Napoli trying to get 70-80 million plus a staring player for Osimhen since no club wants to pay his 130 million release clause. Napoli wanted Lee Kang-in, but PSG said no.

- Aston Villa going after Joao Felix to replace Diaby.

- Saudi clubs going after van Dijk, KFC wants around 46 million for him.

- Barca are looking at potentially going after Kante.

- Conte wants to go after Kulusevski.

- Leverkusen on the verge of signing Matip.

- Napoli submitted an 8 million pound bid for Gilmour which got rejected by a Brighton lol.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
- Not sure what type of sources Jussi is posting about United going after Simons because Fabrizio is reporting that Xavi Simons is on the verge of signing with Leipzig.
Ducker was saying we have interest in him. So a pretty good source.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Maybe, but even if Sanabry both left they’d still have Musiala, Coman, Olise, Tel, Müller, and all of their prospects…Wanner, Zvonarek, Ibrahimovic, etc.
I don't think any of the latter 3 play a role this season, and Coman is likely to be sold. Musiala on the left, Doué the center, Olise on the right. Sané rotates in on either side (and Musiala can slide to the center), Müller has rotation duty in all roles and subs (and retires after this season), Tel replaces Choupo in spelling/subbing Kane and also gets rotation duty everywhere.

I don't think they can do Doué and Simons both, but there shouldn't be an issue with adding one of them.

Reactions: gary69

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Will he start?
No idea. All that the media briefings have indicated is that Maresca thinks the profiles between Sanchez & Petrovic are too different, but there’s also not much confidence in Sanchez so they have to hedge and sign someone.

Can’t believe the Rangers didn’t trade Trouba Fox and Schneider a while ago to make room for Nils Lundqvist

Reactions: Blender

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't seen this at all
I can already say this is non sense. First call that Arne Slot made when he was announced was to VVD and how important he was for him for next season. LFC are not selling VVD to Saudi or anybody. Also very serious rumours that VVD woud like to extend with LFC.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I haven't seen that rumor and I don't think it is happening. I think if it was, we would see more movement to get a central defender.

That said, if VVD says, I'm not resigning, and Saudi came in with a big offer, the club would sell.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some extra reports, all from Romano:

- Arsenal have put Kiwior on the transfer block with Calafiori coming in, they want either a loan with an obligation to buy or a permanent move. Super weird to want to sell him after buying him like last season and then playing him out of his positions of strength. I worry about his IQ for the sport, doesn't seem very high and not a good chance of improving.

- Leicester City is having talks with Arsenal over Reiss Nelson about a loan move with an obligation to buy. He's worked with Cooper and is keen to a move out.

- Obi-Martin is on the way out since he was not confirmed with the youth squad list, Bayern Munich supposedly hijacking the deal from Man United.

Others

- Calafiori is supposedly flying into LA to have his medical in the States.

- Some rumours that Gyokeres will be bought after Arsenal ships out Nketiah, Nelson, and potentially ESR. Arsenal looking for around 60 million for him instead of his 80 million release clause. Arsenal sending scouts to watch him play, to see his fitness level.

- Nketiah's move to Marseille is looking more like a loan move with an obligation to buy.

- Chiesa is being linked to Arsenal once again since there is a ton of smoke that he did not join Juventus training camp. Apparently reports in Italia say that Arsenal have put in an inquiry about his availability. Injury prone, but that would be a bloody good back up for Saka.

- Serie A clubs looking at Kiwior; Inter Milan are the favourites while Roma, Juventus, and Bologna are others wanting his signature.

- Rudy Galetti is the one reporting that Saudi clubs are going after VvD and LFC wants 50 million Euros for him.

That said, if VVD says, I'm not resigning, and Saudi came in with a big offer, the club would sell.
As I said two weeks ago, Saudis probably want every "big name" player. It depends on him and if he wants the move.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know if they do. I'm sure there are plenty of agents who field calls. Or make the calls. Too much easy money floating around that makes it worthwhile.

But I don't really think Liverpool want to sell him. If he came in and said, yep, I'm set to go, you'd see the same thing as last summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But I don't really think Liverpool want to sell him. If he came in and said, yep, I'm set to go, you'd see the same thing as last summer.
I think it is a lot less likely since Matip is gone, but you lots CBs really confuse me because Klopp played Matip a great deal and then Gomez a great deal and then Konate a great deal and then Quansah a great deal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think any of the latter 3 play a role this season, and Coman is likely to be sold. Musiala on the left, Doué the center, Olise on the right. Sané rotates in on either side (and Musiala can slide to the center), Müller has rotation duty in all roles and subs (and retires after this season), Tel replaces Choupo in spelling/subbing Kane and also gets rotation duty everywhere.

I don't think they can do Doué and Simons both, but there shouldn't be an issue with adding one of them.

I guess, but they still need to sell Gnabry & Coman to get to that.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

Well it’s official. It is very hard to have (what some sources called) a record signing in the PL and then sell him for a profit a year later. I imagine Jhon Durán to West Ham gets finalized this week as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad