Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
By that logic, Kellyman is also worth £20M and we both know that isn't the case (and argued to that point here).
Worth can be definite many ways. Going for the literal term of “what someone paid for something”

But to at this another way, if LFC is negotiating with a team for Kelleher, why should they take less knowing the only reason a guy went higher was for PSR circumvention. Why are they doing another team the favor?

This is the kind of stuff that crashes the market, which I’ve also said ad nauseam ; and this is why

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And this is exactly PSR is destined to fail. The teams will use all these shenanigans to get away with it. The best thing to implement is a salary cap that will limit all these transfer non sense.
It depends. These transfers just kick the can down the road. It’s too soon to say what’ll happen if the runway runs out.

If they paid 20m for him, that’s what he was valued at
Naivety isn’t dead. It’s so nice to see. He wasn’t valued at 20M. His impact on PSR was. This is like when billionaires buy art at one amount and then get it appraised at 10x that amount for the tax write off.

Reactions: maclean

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Worth can be definite many ways. Going for the literal term of “what someone paid for something”

But to at this another way, if LFC is negotiating with a team for Kelleher, why should they take less knowing the only reason a guy went higher was for PSR circumvention. Why are they doing another team the favor?

This is the kind of stuff that crashes the market, which I’ve also said ad nauseam ; and this is why
Because OV also had the kickback of Elliot Anderson coming back.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Naivety isn’t dead. It’s so nice to see. He wasn’t valued at 20M. His impact on PSR was. This is like when billionaires buy art at one amount and then get it appraised at 10x that amount for the tax write off.
Is this supposed to make me feel better :)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
After a flashy start to the season, Diaby was super mediocre and it makes total sense to me why Villa would cash in on him. This is probably the only moment where they would make a profit, his value likely apexed last summer.
I can't agree with that, Diaby was pretty damn amazing most of the times I watched Villa this past year. I understand that he sort of became a bench player as the year went along, but looked fantastic whenever he got subbed on the pitch. He was a consistent scoring chance creator and I would guess/bet the analytics back that up.

KDB ain’t done yet. He first needs to teach Echeverri.
Teach him how to break UEFA/FA laws and then sue them before they have a chance to sue us which will slow down the entire process type of mentality? Yes, I am salty lol.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Interesting bits from today’s athletic

City apparently want £59m + 16 in add ons for Alvarez from Atletico Madrid

Chilwell’s fit with Maresca was discussed. In a negative way.

More links with us and Samu Omorodion. Fabrizio mentioned this again today as well

Newcastle want a right winger.

Suggesting that PSG are on par with Barcelona for Nico Williams.

Laporte to Madrid, potentially. Ferland Mendy doesn’t have a contract offer and the Davies interest remains.

Kelleher wants to start.

Cold water on Kubo links for now.

PSG Doue

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
That seems out of left field.
Yeah I wouldn't start him over Zapata or Sanabria. They also have Pellegri, even though he's always injured (guy's injury page on transfermarkt is THREE PAGES LONG, and he's only 23)

Torino also just lost Buongiorno, Ricardo Rodriguez and Kofi Djidji, so it's center backs that they need.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bayern have upped the ante and offered 55M for Doue, outbidding PSG.
Player would rather join Paris, but Rennes will try to drive the price up now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dallinga could surprise a lot of people.
Toulouse signed him through data from Dutch second league.
He has done well.
He's not overly fast, overly strong, overly technical...
But he has a nose for the net.

Reactions: luiginb

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
@JPBolts I saw that Diaby is confirmed to Saudi. I just don't understand it from his point of view, he could have joined last season if he was so hell-bent on getting money nowadays. What a disaster though, he was freaking legit with Villa, even if they got a decent fee for him. I just thought he was way more important than the extra 5 to 10 million AV will get for him.
Yeah, it's interesting that he chose to move a year after turning it down. I liked him for Villa, but he was not going to be starting for us this year & I don't think anyone really expected Leon Bailey to turn around like he did last season. So, I don't think we could've turned down a 60m offer for a player who was not going to be a guaranteed starter.

After a flashy start to the season, Diaby was super mediocre and it makes total sense to me why Villa would cash in on him. This is probably the only moment where they would make a profit, his value likely apexed last summer.
Yeah, can't really turn down a roughly 20m profit the summer after we signed him. Definitely sounds like we are going after Félix now.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
One of those rare players who plays better for the national team than domestic clubs.
Nah Real killed him.
He was excellent for Monaco and then early for Real.
Then something derailed.
already addressed this in the Copa thread, so just gonna quote myself
nope harsh refuse to accept the slander

club football James rocks insanely hard, but the pure #10 just isn't a part of club tactics anymore. he was brilliant his first season at Madrid under Carlo, but didn't fit under Zidane because Zidane used a deeper three man midfield (still played well, just square peg round hole).

then he was very solid in two years at bayern.

and he was great at everton!! he just struggled for fitness.

the issue really is that his position is largely obsolete
Real didn't kill him, the change in tactics at club level of the late 2010s did

NT football still has a major role for a 'something out of nothing' floating attacking midfielder which simply isn't really a thing in current club play

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I agree but some teams still use 10.
And he never reached his previous level after Real even as a 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad