Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
IF they sell some of these folks, they're going to take a bath on the spend. Might save it on wages, but yeesh.
Lindelof, AWB, and Maguire are all fully amortized already, so taking a bath on the transfer value doesn't matter, it's pure FFP profit. Eriksen is a free so he's the same way.

Antony has had 38 of his 95 accounted for so they're in the hole 57 for him. Unlikely a team would be willing to offer around that and he's "only" on 70k wages so it's not like that's a bit savings. Far more likely for him is a loan for a year or two.

Sancho has had 51 of his 85 accounted for so they're in the hole 34. Someone might pay that for him although the tough part is going to be getting out from under his massive wages since he's on something like 250-300k/week and no one in their right mind is gonna touch that. I think more likely for him is another year at United, maybe a 6 month loan and then a sale next year for 20-25 and United paying him out 10m to drop the rest of his contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Bayern sign Doue or Simons, then they’re probably seriously preparing for Musiala to leave. wtf do they need another creative for elsewise?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I mean he’s better at RB than Lindelof and would add some versatility, but doesn’t make sense to lose ~10mil on swapping Victor for Chalobah.
I don't think there's a swap involved. However it would go inline with INEOS plan of making the squad younger. BTW, seems in the past couple of days, medias and lower tier sources are linking United with just about every player now, hoping something sticks on the wall. Silly season, begun has.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think there's a swap involved. However it would go inline with INEOS plan of making the squad younger. BTW, seems in the past couple of days, medias and lower tier sources are linking United with just about every player now, hoping something sticks on the wall. Silly season, begun has.
I don’t mean swap for each other. Just like generally.

Reactions: Gecklund

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hopefully this doesn’t mean they come poach away Magic Mike from us, but he would be the best replacement for them. Is there anyone else that would come close to Maignan?

City apparently looking at signing Dommarumma, who might be available from PSG. Although I'm not sure how well he would fit Guardiola's style. But maybe they're thinking long term also, if Guardiola leaves after next season anyway.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ben Woodburn released from Preston, to Gary Neville owned Salford, still only 24.

To think, that his career highlight came at 17 years old, being Liverpool's youngest ever goal scorer. Although he did play about ten internationals for Wales too.

Bit like Federico Macheda for ManUtd years ago.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

According to The Mirror, an unnamed Premier League side are in talks to sign Gangwon FC teenager Yang Min-hyeok.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Remembering when people thought Chelsea was going to give Slonina a legit chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad