Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’d assume that Guiu would be the main target for yall now, but who knows.
What I read was Guiu would be for Strasbourg, and they'd still be going for some sort of 1st team backup to pair with Jackson. Who knows at this point. I'm pretty sure they want someone with lower wages since they want someone more as a backup or someone that allows Jackson to still have a shot at starting.

Some of the reports that had them worry about Duran was him being raw and prone to yellow cards, which was a relief to hear, as Jackson has those same issues, so it would be nice for the other striker to be a bit more mature on the pitch.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton linked with "Sonic" Rațiu.

I don't know if he's good enough to start in the PL but I definitely rate him over Lamptey
Lamptey is solid with a terrible injury history. Due to those injuries he has taken a clear step backwards over the last year or so.

With his injury history and Veltman at 32 years old, it's definitely time to start investing in the next RB.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Lamptey is solid with a terrible injury history. Due to those injuries he has taken a clear step backwards over the last year or so.

With his injury history and Veltman at 32 years old, it's definitely time to start investing in the next RB.
I like him going forward a lot more than Veltman, but he can't defend as well.

He wasn't an all out starter at Rayo but because he was fighting for his position with Balliu, who's also starting at the Euros for Albania. Balliu isn't as good going forward either, but for a team like Rayo who was mostly defending he was seen as more valuable most games.

In other news, Guido Rodriguez has officially become a free agent. He's a player I like a lot, swiss army knife kind of defensive midfielder, who has been linked on and off with Barcelona. I wouldn't mind him on our bench but apparently he wants to start somewhere.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like him going forward a lot more than Veltman, but he can't defend as well.

He wasn't an all out starter at Rayo but because he was fighting for his position with Balliu, who's also starting at the Euros for Albania. Balliu isn't as good going forward either, but for a team like Rayo who was mostly defending he was seen as more valuable most games.

In other news, Guido Rodriguez has officially become a free agent. He's a player I like a lot, swiss army knife kind of defensive midfielder, who has been linked on and off with Barcelona. I wouldn't mind him on our bench but apparently he wants to start somewhere.
Seems like an interesting move for Brighton. At 26 he is slightly older than the usual Brighton signing but also younger than the free signings they often make. We either get 22 year olds or 32 year olds.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Things have been pretty silent around Spurs. Best link right now is to Jonathan David. Which would be a bit disappointing if you ask me.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean, he would've played a lot if he didn't get hurt. I'd expect Guiu to be loaned and not even on 1st team, we'll see though.
We went through this a lot last summer. Some Chelsea supporters really convinced themselves all these guys were going to play and we’re doing the whole song and dance again. Hall, Maatsen, Casadei, Washington, etc., etc.

Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher, Casadei, Ugochukwu, Chukwumeka, Santos - in what world do all of these guys play? The only guy that likely gets time is Chukwumeka and that’s because they moved him further up the pitch.

And this is before whatever transfers they undoubtedly have coming down the pike.

Reactions: Savant

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We went through this a lot last summer. Some Chelsea supporters really convinced themselves all these guys were going to play and we’re doing the whole song and dance again. Hall, Maatsen, Casadei, Washington, etc., etc.

Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher, Casadei, Ugochukwu, Chukwumeka, Santos - in what world do all of these guys play? The only guy that likely gets time is Chukwumeka and that’s because they moved him further up the pitch.

And this is before whatever transfers they undoubtedly have coming down the pike.
Ugochukwu was in that late game closer/destroyer role. He was going to get plenty of minutes, but like the majority of the squad, he was hurt and missed a ton of time.

I don't think ant of us expect Guiu to get many or any minutes, which is what the expectation was for Washington last season. For players like Hall, we just wanted them to play a 1st team role and never bother with the Cucurella purchase.

Reactions: Blender

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Careful man, I've had my posts deleted because a tweet was in french. Not even kidding.

lol yeah the moderation on this board has been awfully silly lately

My german is rusty.

Is it a recipe for sauerkraut?

Give it 20-30 years, when we have to clean up the mess the Americans & Chinese will create during WWIII, you’ll all be speaking German ;-)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Thus the “translate post” button :dunno:
you make me go into X and translate. For each tweet.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cgf and luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I was about to say I literally didn't understand anything 🤣🤣🤣
First tweet is that Stuttgart is interested in Fullkrug, which may be possible because Dortmund is interested in Guirassy. However, Fullkrug is focused on the Euros currently. There is also interest from Italy and Spain.

Second tweet is that Coman is being allowed to leave Bayern and apparently PSG is interested. The price is 40-50M.

The third tweet I hope is evident!

Give it 20-30 years, when we have to clean up the mess the Americans & Chinese will create during WWIII, you’ll all be speaking German ;-)
If there's anyone that knows about messes caused by world wars, it would be the Germans ;)

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad