Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Saw that. Really wish he’d have got more of a chance with the first team, but apparently he’s not signing a new contract. He did well for Barca Atletic this season and in one of the matches against Ibiza in the promotional playoff he looked really good.

In other Barca Atletic news, Mika Faye’s future still up in the air. Sounds like the club is targeting keeping Pau Victor from Girona though in exchange for Romeu’s return.

Reactions: JPBolts

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah but it's different because we run it like a family.

Brighton signs Alexis Mac Allister, then Union SG buys Kevin Mac Allister. How wholesome is that?

You get away with it because you and other-Union are so likable. If you started being pricks about letting talents like Undav & Boniface leave when they find a good fit outside of the family, then you’d start to get shit like the rest of the EPL :laugh:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah but it's different because we run it like a family.

Brighton signs Alexis Mac Allister, then Union SG buys Kevin Mac Allister. How wholesome is that?

Isn't it a minority ownership too? I.e. I believe Union SG still make decisions for themselves and have gone out and acquired their own guys?

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Isn't it a minority ownership too? I.e. I believe Union SG still make decisions for themselves and have gone out and acquired their own guys?
Bloom was the majority owner until Brighton and Union came across each other in Europa League. He sold off his majority to Muzio who happens to have worked for Bloom in the past.

Not too sure what the inner workings currently look like at this point tbh.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
So disappointing there are no fake rumours regarding Arsenal these days. It was better during Wengers days.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I actually finished The Count of Monte Cristo earlier this year, a 52-hour audiobook. It was brutal but super satisfying, one of my top 5 books ever as well.

You miss Wenger musing years later about how he 'nearly' signed a superstar before his first big move, but it just didn't come together.
We going through that a bit with the #9 position.

It was always Wenger doing absolutely nothing for 97% of the transfer window and sign like two to three blokes in the final week. Fuming level material.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
To be fair it's because of some news of him being the youngest player Nike ever signed and because his nickname was Messinho

Kellyman until a few years back was playing with the Northern Ireland u17 because he couldn't break in for England's
And Declan Rice was playing for Ireland's senior team at one point.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Apropos of nothing, when Szoboszlai was bought for 70M, his transfermarkt value was 50M. When Nunez was bought for 85M, his transfermarkt value was 55M. When Jota was bought for 45M, his transfermarkt value was 28M.

Callum Marshall had 16 goals in 12 matches for West Ham in PL2 last season. He went to West Brom on loan and couldn’t get game time. The idea that Kellyman will play in the first team next season is bordering on impossible.
Nwaneri had 10 goals in PL2 last season and is expected to get first team minutes next season.

Reactions: Blender

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
FWIW, I think the price is inflated and this is clearly a way of getting around PSR rules.

Also it's totally normal and within the rules. It's no different than trading LTIR players in the NHL or a bunch of other things that are done to get around the cap in North American sports.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad