Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It’s a wages thing. Sterling Chilwell and Carney make 625k p/w combined.

Sterling is better than Mudryk and was frankly better than Madueke last season as well.

He’s still not very good and past it.

Have to imagine Sancho took a significant wage reduction given what Chelsea’s wages look like nowadays.
Arsenal is not paying the full amount, so not sure if Chelsea is still paying some or if Sterling is taking a cut.

I do like Sterling under Arteta over whatever you lot have over there in West London. I am not saying he is a game-breaker at this point in time, but I like having him as an off-the-bench option. His finishing is still much better than Jesus and Martinelli, even with the misses.

Sancho is like Evander Kane, not a ton of motivation and gets in trouble with managers quite a bit. He is like a younger Sterling with a higher ceiling, but much less floor. He's more unpredictable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm fine with landing no striker, but they knew Osimhen's demands, why do this song and dance when you weren't willing to pay the demands.
The funniest aspect in all of this is you lot signing forty goalkeepers, which destroyed your FFP in regards to wages, and then not having the ability to take on Osimhen's wages. That is prime multiple-decade meme territory right there if I've ever seen one.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The funniest aspect in all of this is you lot signing forty goalkeepers, which destroyed your FFP in regards to wages, and then not having the ability to take on Osimhen's wages. That is prime multiple-decade meme territory right there if I've ever seen one.
The keepers didn't destroy the wages. They are all on cheap deals. And people meme about the amount, but they always include those that are from the youth level or pretend that someone like Bettinelli is anything.

Our issue with keepers is buying low to mid level keepers, when you could just used that money to buy 1 quality starter. Sanchez, Petrovic, and Jorgensen should've been just 1 keeper. If Penders lives up to his potential, shouldn't have much to worry about though.

Reactions: gary69

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was hoping we'd sign a forward to top off the window but Sterling was not what I had in mind...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Reiss Nelson just went from Ipswitch to Fulham in a matter of ten minutes or less. Crazy, to get the necessary documents done to prolong the negotiations.

Edouard going from CP to LC on loan, good move for the Foxes there.

Reportedly we offered 4MM + bonuses for cl & goals that would reach that requested base.

SA was offering 600k per week. lol, stupid money, not even goofs Chelsea can compete with that foolishness.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Reiss Nelson just went from Ipswitch to Fulham in a matter of ten minutes or less. Crazy, to get the necessary documents done to prolong the negotiations.

SA was offering 600k per week. lol, stupid money, not even goofs Chelsea can compete with that foolishness.
Wow All Elite Fulham really wants that Hale End front line.

Reactions: S E P H

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

He was wanting Chelsea, we just had to offer Napoli salary, but even that is kind of crazy.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Sancho as an obligation and not a loan is even more confusing.

Mudryk, Madueke, Neto, Sancho - all on term deals and you have Paez & Estevao coming next year. Wtf

@bleedblue1223 Makes no sense to me
Not to mention the 4 new guys next winter transfer and 4 new guys also for next summer.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think they are just waiting to be able to sell Mudryk for when it won't be an accouting loss. Take him out, makes a bit more sense.

Applying sense to our strategy is an oxymoron though.
Likely where things are at with Mudryk, multiple managers in a row look sick of him. His wages aren't that bad, so they will just eat them for a few years or maybe try and loan him, and then sell him when it's at a break even point.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The idea that Sterling can do a job at title-chasing Arsenal, but not Chelsea is hilarious to me.

I've never had any love for Sterling, but even Chelsea fans were saying they'd rather be deploying him than some of the players they're keeping. It's not a move I would've made but if he brings some goals for a year without having to shell out a single pound of FFP space, I guess I can see the logic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad