Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Mandela Keita from Antwerp to Parma for 12 mil

Should be closer to €15M but that's an underwhelming move, I thought he would go to a bigger club. But man Antwerp are so desperate to sell, almost half their team is gone already.

Two other Belgian prospects moving abroad, both strikers and both for about €10M
Lucas Stassin from Westerlo to Saint-Etienne
Matias Fernandez-Pardo from AA Gent to Lille

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Seems like Ajax have financial problems. Which is crazy with all the cash they have gotten from selling players and european tournaments last years.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

A lot of what Chelsea has done in the past two years has not treated players as human.

And, I’m not referring to the decisions to move on from the likes of Mount, Chilwell, Sterling.

I’m referring to the sheer quantity of players bought without proper exit plans. Sometimes these high wage guys are hard to move on. But DDF, Matos, these types of guys should be easy to find loans for.

They’ve simply chosen to not prioritize exits and it’s left players floundering.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Should be closer to €15M but that's an underwhelming move, I thought he would go to a bigger club. But man Antwerp are so desperate to sell, almost half their team is gone already.
Parma is sneaky good this year, and they have a very young team, so he should fit in next to Olympic champ Bernabe

Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This same thing could have been posted about Havertz last summer.

I take your point...especially since Sterling won't be asked to fill as big of a role as Kai, and he wasn't that bad for Chelsea apparently...but Havertz was at least always good for the NT. So there was proof that he could still play when not depressed by the team he was playing for.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Soooo…. Simakan to Saudi Arabia to announced soon. f***ing Saudi league bullshit.

Yeah, they've gotten a few surprising younger-prime footballers to go. Although I do think Simakan had stagnated a little playing so much RB for Leipzig...and I still feel like they should be playing a back 3 like Leverkusen does.

Sesko - Openda
Simons
Raum - Schlager - Seiwald - Henrichs
Lukeba - Orban - Geertruida
Gulasci

Poulsen / SIlva
Baumgartner / Elmas / Nusa
Haidara / Vermeeren / Ouedraogo
Bitshiabu / Klostermann
Vandevoort​

Reactions: Eye of Ra

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like Sancho, but wanting to get rid of Sterling to bring Sancho in...is completely mindboggling.

Do you like this move or not Mr. Roberto?
I thought Gilmour was solid last season and would have liked to see him grow here longer. It's clear he was not in Hürzeler's plans though. Rather free up that cash if he isn't really going to be used.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

A lot of what Chelsea has done in the past two years has not treated players as human.

And, I’m not referring to the decisions to move on from the likes of Mount, Chilwell, Sterling.

I’m referring to the sheer quantity of players bought without proper exit plans. Sometimes these high wage guys are hard to move on. But DDF, Matos, these types of guys should be easy to find loans for.

They’ve simply chosen to not prioritize exits and it’s left players floundering.

They Ziyech'd someone again?!?!?!?!?!? How???

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A lot of other leagues don't close their window until 9/2, so time left to get some outgoings done, but it's another reason why I hate our Directors. I can understand why bigger players will struggle to get done because of their wages and they are more reluctant to leave, but young players should have their deals done relatively quickly.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Napoli's treatment of Osimhen has been disgusting, considering the guy was the hero of their title winning side.

Osimhen had agreed personal terms with a Saudi side, but Napoli insisted of extra 5M on top of 80M that Saudis had offered.

And now they have stripped him of a shirt number and kicked him outside of the squad.

He probably isn't as good as two years ago, but much better than last season. A big reason for what happened is that Napoli lost their manager who won them the Scudetto in Spalletti to the national team. That's when he was at the top of his game through Luca's direct offensively flowing tactics, which took everyone by storm. After Spalletti left, they thought they replaced him with a good hire in Garcia, but he turned out to be a major dud. Victor and Napoli had three managers at the end of last season, each with their own tactics and philosophy on football. Even though someone like Kvara outplayed Osimhen, Kvara also looked a lot more neutered than under Spalletti. When you have three different managers, nobody will find a rhythm.

What happened is that Napoli always had plans to sell him, they knew they would never keep him long-term and were hoping a wealthier club would come in and trigger his 130 million Euro release clause this summer as the next "Haaland" in terms of hype. However, because de Laurentiis failed to hire a good manager, all the players' forms dropped and so did their worth. Napoli overplayed their hand and now wants him to GTFO because they decided to build around Conte, who doesn't see Osimhen in his tactics. They also want him to GTFO because of the high wages he has had since signing his last contract.

He is still a great player, but again, not at 130 million Euros worth. He's probably worth around 80 million and should be a consistent 20+ goalscorer, even on a club like Chelsea.

Osimhen has been treated terribly by Napoli's greed and he is now left in limbo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Napoli's treatment of Osimhen has been disgusting, considering the guy was the hero of their title winning side.

Osimhen had agreed personal terms with a Saudi side, but Napoli insisted of extra 5M on top of 80M that Saudis had offered.

And now they have stripped him of a shirt number and kicked him outside of the squad.

Osimhen has been treated terribly by Napoli's greed and he is now left in limbo.
I read that Osimhen more or less f***ed himself. He wanted to go to Chelsea, not the Saudi's. Saudi's got Toney, but then his salary request were too high for Chelsea.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I read that Osimhen more or less f***ed himself. He wanted to go to Chelsea, not the Saudi's. Saudi's got Toney, but then his salary request were too high for Chelsea.

It’s both sides tbh. ADL is a moron - what else is new. He totally f***ed the team by doing nothing after we won the Scudetto including not replacing Kim, not spending basically any money at all and doing nothing to reinforce the squad at all resulting in a terrible season where he knew Osimhen and Anguissa were leaving for an extended period of time due to AFCON. Also Rudi f***ing Garcia????

As a result him and Kvara want to leave because of no champions league. Then it comes out we’re poor?????? So now ADL is still trying to demand the 120m he MAY have been worth when we won the Scudetto even though he vastly underperformed last season and was hurt and the team sucked and he is probably worth like 70 now.

Anyway Osimhen went from the hero of Napoli and loving it here supposedly to wanting out for bigger clubs and opportunities which I know is typical but still he’s been extremely impatient and part of that is his fault due to his performance last season.

TLDR Napoli has f***ed up everything in typical Napoli fashion and should have sold Osimhen and Kvara after winning the Scudetto

Reactions: cgf and maclean

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
ended up being a good window for celtic. managed to keep most of our top players. im not surprised matt o'riley left. was always going to be difficult to keep him with his ability and transfer value. we shifted a lot of dead weight and actually got transfer fees for players who didnt have a part to play for us.

engels seems an exciting prospect and should slot into the midfield 3 immediately (i expect paulo bernardo to really push on this year after we signed him permanently). on that note i will gladly take benfica's top youth teamers who struggle to break in with them every summer. mccowan is a boyhood celtic fan and was a top player in the scottish league last year. getting him for 1m is good business. im not sold on trusty but hope to be pleasantly surprised if he can become a good starting CB next to CCV for us. we brought in idah earlier in the summer for a big fee (overpaid) but he was already with us for 6 months and made valuable contributions for us. valle on loan from barcelona fills a big need and he looks to have a lot of ability. we signed schmeichel on a free and he has already looked tremendous in goal for us. hes been great distributing the ball for us.

in: engels, idah, bernardo, mccowan, trusty, valle, schmeichel
out: o'riley, deadwood

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, they've gotten a few surprising younger-prime footballers to go. Although I do think Simakan had stagnated a little playing so much RB for Leipzig...and I still feel like they should be playing a back 3 like Leverkusen does.

Sesko - Openda
Simons
Raum - Schlager - Seiwald - Henrichs
Lukeba - Orban - Geertruida
Gulasci

Poulsen / SIlva
Baumgartner / Elmas / Nusa
Haidara / Vermeeren / Ouedraogo
Bitshiabu / Klostermann
Vandevoort​

Yeah, I can see Leipzig moving him on and the player wanting to all things considered. Despite today’s result too considering they brought in Geertruida. My issue is more Simakan agreeing to that move, but I won’t give him a hard time considering the money that is probably on offer.

I wish more guys were hardcores like Wojtech and would tell the Saudis to beat it

So do I, but hard to blame them with that sort of money on offer. That said I think it ruins their careers.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
In the world of FFP how the **** is this possible? An English league one club spending a base of 15m on a player with more add-ons possible???

• Wow
Reactions: maclean

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Simakan to Al-Nassr for 45 mil

Sofiane Boufal let go on a free by Al-Rayyan. Some interest from Egyptian Al-Ahly for the ex Southampton star.

Marcos Leonardo from Benfica to Al-Hilal for 40 mil. Great business by Benfica as usual. And speaking of good business they just got Issa Kabore on loan from City.

Alex Telles also terminated by Al-Nassr

Leander Dendocker on loan from Villa to Anderlecht to try and get his career back on track.

Immediately after buying Roko Simic, Cardiff loans him out to Kortrijk

Kurt Zouma on a free to Al-Orubah

Timemoue Bakayoko from Lorient to PAOK

Ivan Toney to Al-Ahli for 42 mil

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad