Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Guy's super lazy, but still only 23 and better than Brennan Johnson

I don't think so. I think Johnson has to improve as a finisher, but he's a much better passer and more active off the ball. If he can finish, he can score 10+ and assist 10+ every season, whereas Callum would need to both improve as a distributor and his work-rate. Maybe his top end is higher, but he hasn't come close to 15 goal contributions in a season.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
”TLDR: (Chelsea) need a PSR profit of around £40m in 23/24, so whatever you estimate our operating loss to be that's what (Chelsea) need to raise by June 30th.
I don't see how (Chelsea) can be FSR compliant in 23/24.

I reckon (Chelsea) will be looking to enter a settlement agreement with UEFA as several European clubs have done in the past. Man City did so in 2014.”

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Hmmm, seems like a stretch and to me the cost is too much. There is people who like him a lot btw.
I don't know if it was a need, Szczesny is not a problem at Juve.

Montpellier's Esteve loan move to Burnley made permanent for a cool 12mil.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Isak or Guimaraes leaves this window, its probably over for the project, im scared tbh
I don't think so. Newcastle will always have to get their recruitement right but 100M for each of them could be significant for FFP regulation.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Montpellier's Esteve loan move to Burnley made permanent for a cool 12mil.

Montpellier’s President is probably laughing now that Esteve goes down. That said, I saw a graphic a week or so back and he was pretty high up in some stat. I think it works out well for Burnley now that they have to secure promotion again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal looking at Zirkzee and Sesko, but more important, Sesko's agent confirms that an EPL club is interested in buying him this summer. He didn't name who, but Ornstein said Arsenal are huge fans of his multiple times.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal looking at Zirkzee and Usual, but more important, Sesko's agent confirms that an EPL club is interested in buying him this summer. He didn't name who, but Ornstein said Arsenal are huge fans of his multiple times.
I get so many of the same red flags from Sesko that I got from Darwin. High risk/High reward

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I get so many of the same red flags from Sesko that I got from Darwin. High risk/High reward
WAY better touches than Darwin. The issue with Darwin are his touches and finishing, the rest is elite to great.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
WAY better touches than Darwin. The issue with Darwin are his touches and finishing, the rest is elite to great.
I mean anyone has better touches than Darwin. I just think he is still very raw and is going to cost a ton of money. Sesko didn’t score as many in Europe as Darwin either so there isn’t exactly a big sample size there either. Also, like Darwin he’s only ever played with a strike partner, so we don’t have any sample size with him being up top by himself. In arsenals system he is going to have to play defense too and not sure how equipped he is for that. Arsenal get taller which is obviously a big criteria for them but I don’t think this is going to be a slam dunk

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I mean anyone has better touches than Darwin. I just think he is still very raw and is going to cost a ton of money. Sesko didn’t score as many in Europe as Darwin either so there isn’t exactly a big sample size there either. Also, like Darwin he’s only ever played with a strike partner, so we don’t have any sample size with him being up top by himself. In arsenals system he is going to have to play defense too and not sure how equipped he is for that. Arsenal get taller which is obviously a big criteria for them but I don’t think this is going to be a slam dunk
We'd have the benefit of integrating Sesko into the team slowly as long as Havertz continues his form from the end of this season. But I think I'd rather pay more money for Isak or Gyokeres.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We'd have the benefit of integrating Sesko into the team slowly as long as Havertz continues his form from the end of this season. But I think I'd rather pay more money for Isak or Gyokeres.
Isak is the only one I’d bet the house on. And even he isn’t perfect; don’t love his injury record. Gyokeres is another one that I like but he’s going to cost a ton of money, he’s older, and his best work was in the Portuguese league. Isak kind of just Gyokeres with better feet. But also if I am Newcastle, Isak is the last guy that I am selling.

Reactions: KJS14

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern are reportedly preparing to trigger Assan Ouedraogo's buyout clause. The freshly 18yo midfielder was a real monster at the U17 euros and stood out in all of his appearances for Schalke's first team. A huge kid with great strength already, despite not yet having his man-strength, to go with great athleticism and technical skills. With the rumors suggesting that he'd stay with Schalke for another season to finish his schooling and get more PT.

The numbers may suggest that, but watching Sesko with Leipzig and Salzburg, I don't. Darwin always had strong Cavani energy, whereas I feel like Sesko was just adapting to the new level this season.

With Openda it's more of a striker pair, but Adeyemi had cart blanche to go wherever he wanted under Jaissle. So that was a lot more like what Arsenal runs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Leverkusen are being linked a lot to Nusa & Aleix Garcia
- Bayern are looking for a new loan for Wanner, with PSV supposedly favorites ahead of Gladbach & Werder
- While Charles Herrmann seems set to swap BVB for BMG
- Tim Kleindienst is reportedly near the top of our list for the summer, would be so huge if we could bring him home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad