Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both can play at the 10 and on the wing. Assuming they sell Bakayako, they should have the PT for Wanner, Tillman, Babadi, Til, Lang, & Lozano.
I’m out of the loop on most teams. Funny how when your favorite team (United, Sharks, Clippers, what a horrible year of sports for me) is dysfunctional and boring you stop paying attention.

Is Lozano, Hirving Lozano? If so he’s heading to the MLS to play with new club San Diego FC which will start play in about a year exactly.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m out of the loop on most teams. Funny how when your favorite team (United, Sharks, Clippers, what a horrible year of sports for me) is dysfunctional and boring you stop paying attention.

Is Lozano, Hirving Lozano? If so he’s heading to the MLS to play with new club San Diego FC which will start play in about a year exactly.

Yeah that one. That still leaves him in the picture for this season though...and I'm not sure Bayern wants to loan Wanner out for longer than just 1 year.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah that one. That still leaves him in the picture for this season though...and I'm not sure Bayern wants to loan Wanner out for longer than just 1 year.
Only until the January window I would think. With MLS starting in March, I’d imagine you get him in there and settled into San Diego (which likely would take about a month) and then preseason/offseason training is likely happening at that time.

All of this also relies on that report actually being true but the guy who tweeted it was Tom Bogert and you won’t really find a more reliable MLS guy out there.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Only until the January window I would think. With MLS starting in March, I’d imagine you get him in there and settled into San Diego (which likely would take about a month) and then preseason/offseason training is likely happening at that time.

All of this also relies on that report actually being true but the guy who tweeted it was Tom Bogert and you won’t really find a more reliable MLS guy out there.

Gotcha. Still feel like they'd need a sale, unless Lang's injury will keep him out of the picture until Lozano's leaving. Then the minutes could be there for Wanner, Tillman, Bakayoko, Babadi, Til, and Lang/Lozano...especially since Wanner will likely need some time to acclimate.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He looked very much like the old Hudson Odoi for the first time in six years when we played them a few weeks ago.

He looked threatening every time he touched the ball.
You could probably get him back due to Nottingham's PSR issues. :dunno:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

I watched which I think was PSV's last or 2nd last home match, and it seemed to me that Lozano was clearly saying his goodbyes to everybody and knew he won't be back for the next season.

Don't know if something has changed since, though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You could probably get him back due to Nottingham's PSR issues. :dunno:
Fab says we want Olise and they’d also never buy back CHO for optics reasons.

Also Fab said to keep an eye out for Sesko with us. I don’t really see it with Sesko personally.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fab says we want Olise and they’d also never buy back CHO for optics reasons.
The Chelsea way. Try to sign Olise last year. Doesn’t work so they sign Palmer who plays the same position. Chelsea goes back because they they want to perceived on missing targets. Sells some real estate to generate funds. Bail on the current logjam of players and no one is any wiser this time next year. I’m sure Madueke going to love this
Also Fab said to keep an eye out for Sesko with us. I don’t really see it with Sesko personally.
Chelsea front office probably thinks he played with Nkunku. And obviously it would be unsightly for them to lose on a target. Will see what happens

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Richarlison is convinced that he will be staying in England next season. Plans to work hard over the summer and not go on vacation.

Personally I'd rather see him continue elsewhere. Can't rely on him over the season because he keeps getting injured.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, it might be financially more sound to keep him. They might get what? 35-40? Probably loan with option to buy?

I know they need to balance some potential ins with outgoing, but will they be able to get much better for cost? You know what he is. As much as I don't like him for a number of things, he's a decent enough player.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kelleher wants to leave and be a #1 Keeper somewhere else. LFC will let him go if a fair offer arrives

Hard to blame him. As I said last year, there’s no reason at all he should go for less than what Burnley paid for Trafford, and nothing has changed in that regard.

New backup for LFC may already be internal. Keep your eye on Viteslav Jaros. Just made the Euro Squad for the Czech team and had a great loan at Sturm Graz in Austria where they won the double with him in net. Won the starting job after being loaned in January and never looked back

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Spurs twitter is in outrage over this and I really don't get it. He is a good option off the bench, Certainly need more, but we needed that before yesterday anyway.
Begrudgingly, I also don't think it's a bad move, but I understand that it's optically a return to the Tottenham cheapskate days. Y'all need attacking depth and he's cheap attacking depth, but you also probably need another higher end guy. If you had signed that high end guy first and then brought back Werner, I think there would be a lot less protest.

The question now is whether Levy thinks Werner negates the need for a top end guy.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Begrudgingly, I also don't think it's a bad move, but I understand that it's optically a return to the Tottenham cheapskate days. Y'all need attacking depth and he's cheap attacking depth, but you also probably need another higher end guy. If you had signed that high end guy first and then brought back Werner, I think there would be a lot less protest.

The question now is whether Levy thinks Werner negates the need for a top end guy.
By all accounts they are looking for another attacker. If it's a striker or a winger depends on where Ange prefers Son. But yeah, I'd be very disappointed if it isn't a more ambitious signing. I'd rather have our promising academy players get a shot than sign some mediocre option.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- A ton of smoke about Zirkzee to Arsenal, not sure if all the other sources are copying the original one, but I am not liking the sounds of that. Not that Zirkzee is bad, but he seems too much like Lacazette/Giroud 2.0 or a Haaland-lite currently. Definitely will have faith in Arteta and Arsenal though if they think he's worth it since I was quite outspoken against Havertz and even though you can make a good argument that it was a bad move that wasted a ton of money towards FFP, he did finish the season with 14 goals and 7 assists (and that's with a good 3-4 months of awful football). I think I would rather give the chance to Gyokeres, I get he's older than the likes of Zirkzee and Sesko, but he went absolutely nuts this season and could be cheaper than the rest. Obviously, Sesko should be the main target, but I also think his deal would be the most complicated to get done and probably the highest fee of all the #9 targets we are currently linked to (yes I know we're linked to Isak who would go for more, but I don't believe those rumours).

- Some reports about Arsenal wanting Bruno G. from Newcastle, but another report where I am not sure how realistic those are since I read some statements saying that the Magpies won't take anything less than 100 million for him.

- Sounds like Partey is going to leave based on Romano's reports; he's got interest from Turkey and Saudi.

- @Evilo Arsenal is supposedly interested in Desire Doue from Rennes, is he any good and any rumours from the French side of things?

- Arsenal looking at Justin Bijlow as a backup goalkeeper option if/when Ramsdale moves (Newcastle going after Aaron).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
- A ton of smoke about Zirkzee to Arsenal, not sure if all the other sources are copying the original one, but I am not liking the sounds of that. Not that Zirkzee is bad, but he seems too much like Lacazette/Giroud 2.0 or a Haaland-lite currently. Definitely will have faith in Arteta and Arsenal though if they think he's worth it since I was quite outspoken against Havertz and even though you can make a good argument that it was a bad move that wasted a ton of money towards FFP, he did finish the season with 14 goals and 7 assists (and that's with a good 3-4 months of awful football). I think I would rather give the chance to Gyokeres, I get he's older than the likes of Zirkzee and Sesko, but he went absolutely nuts this season and could be cheaper than the rest. Obviously, Sesko should be the main target, but I also think his deal would be the most complicated to get done and probably the highest fee of all the #9 targets we are currently linked to (yes I know we're linked to Isak who would go for more, but I don't believe those rumours).

- Some reports about Arsenal wanting Bruno G. from Newcastle, but another report where I am not sure how realistic those are since I read some statements saying that the Magpies won't take anything less than 100 million for him.

- Sounds like Partey is going to leave based on Romano's reports; he's got interest from Turkey and Saudi.

- @Evilo Arsenal is supposedly interested in Desire Doue from Rennes, is he any good and any rumours from the French side of things?

- Arsenal looking at Justin Bijlow as a backup goalkeeper option if/when Ramsdale moves (Newcastle going after Aaron).
I think your Zirzkee comps are way off

Reactions: gary69

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
even though you can make a good argument that it was a bad move that wasted a ton of money towards FFP
No you can't. The idea that you shouldn't make any signings because they'll count against FFP is silly. Getting the type of return we got from Havertz - even setting aside him direct goal contributions - is absolutely worth the money we spent on him. Just like Declan Rice was worth the money despite it costing even more against FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium