Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bayern are reportedly preparing to trigger Assan Ouedraogo's buyout clause. The freshly 18yo midfielder was a real monster at the U17 euros and stood out in all of his appearances for Schalke's first team. A huge kid with great strength already, despite not yet having his man-strength, to go with great athleticism and technical skills. With the rumors suggesting that he'd stay with Schalke for another season to finish his schooling and get more PT.

The numbers may suggest that, but watching Sesko with Leipzig and Salzburg, I don't. Darwin always had strong Cavani energy, whereas I feel like Sesko was just adapting to the new level this season.

With Openda it's more of a striker pair, but Adeyemi had cart blanche to go wherever he wanted under Jaissle. So that was a lot more like what Arsenal runs.
Yeah but Arteta also has his striker doing a ton of donkey work. But again Arsenal just wants to collect all the tall people, get a bunch of pinball goals and sit on the lead. So I guess it fits, but I don’t like taking back 5 CBs and putting them into back 4, and I don’t like taking strikers that play in a partnership and then making them play alone up front. Will see how it goes. Darwin is a good example of this. And Darwin had a better resume.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah but Arteta also has his striker doing a ton of donkey work. But again Arsenal just wants to collect all the tall people, get a bunch of pinball goals and sit on the lead. So I guess it fits, but I don’t like taking back 5 CBs and putting them into back 4, and I don’t like taking strikers that play in a partnership and then making them play alone up front. Will see how it goes. Darwin is a good example of this. And Darwin had a better resume.

Worked pretty well for Haaland :dunno:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal just wants to collect all the tall people, get a bunch of pinball goals and sit on the lead.
I for one am fine with Arteta putting together a squad of the best athletes that are also technically superior to 99% of their opponents. Worked pretty well for Wenger's invincibles :)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
didn't bvb play a 4-2-3-1 the entire time Haaland was there?

or are you talking about his time at salzburg and i just got mixed up

I was talking about his move from Salzburg. Yes Haaland is 1 of 1, and Sesko isn’t as polished as Haaland was when he made the jump to the BuLi.

But I just don’t see why Sesko's game wouldn’t work just as well on his own as in a strike partnership…as he often was the spearhead of Salzburg’s attacks while Adeyemi / Okafor drifted into the channels / to the wings.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I for one am fine with Arteta putting together a squad of the best athletes that are also technically superior to 99% of their opponents. Worked pretty well for Wenger's invincibles :)
Yeah I mean there are too many games now and not enough time between them. City figured it out two years ago. Arsenal jumped on the train this year. Both teams just decided to become more risk adverse. It works better for City because City have better finishing. But neither is really revolutionary here. Pep going to go back to the Sane/Sterling days next season with Savio and Doku. Arsenal will try to find someone that can give them more than 4 goals; but I don’t think they are going to want to trade in too much of their work rate up front so they’ll need to find some balance. And we will see what happens.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
to pay that much for a 28y old is sure a choice. Could've used it on younger players from all over SA
Was literally going to respond to your post earlier about Bruno expressing something similar. His profile is fine, but they couldn’t find that exact profile in an age cohort that fits what they claimed they were looking for?

I guess trying to make sense of it, they wanted a veteran with Zouma being past it and Aguerd likely leaving, but I still don’t get it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
- Leverkusen are being linked a lot to Nusa & Aleix Garcia
- Bayern are looking for a new loan for Wanner, with PSV supposedly favorites ahead of Gladbach & Werder
- While Charles Herrmann seems set to swap BVB for BMG
- Tim Kleindienst is reportedly near the top of our list for the summer, would be so huge if we could bring him home

I don’t think PSV would be a good move for him. Not sure he’d get a lot of minutes unless they have some changes to the squad with outgoing sales.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t think PSV would be a good move for him. Not sure he’d get a lot of minutes unless they have some changes to the squad with outgoing sales.
Supposedly LFC (and I’m sure others) are sniffing around Bakayoko. That might create a spot.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Sounds like a very Moyesian defender.

Some strong rumours I haven't read here:

Fakir being let go for free by Betis
Safronov to PSG
Lloyd Kelly to Newcastle
Mane to Girona
Demiral to Napoli
Undav to Stuttgart (he's still a Brighton player)
Gabri Veiga to Villa
Bilal El Khannouss to Leipzig
Guirassy to Atletico
Theo to Bayern
Reinildo to United

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Liete being linked to Leverkusen :-(
- Kramer will be leaving Gladbach
- Beste is looking to move on from Heidenheim
- BVB have received some offers from England for Adeyemi

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Supposedly Spurs aren't after Hudson-Odoi. Nottingham approached them about him, but they weren't interested.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sounds like a very Moyesian defender.

Some strong rumours I haven't read here:

Fakir being let go for free by Betis
Safronov to PSG
Lloyd Kelly to Newcastle
Mane to Girona
Demiral to Napoli
Undav to Stuttgart (he's still a Brighton player)
Gabri Veiga to Villa
Bilal El Khannouss to Leipzig
Guirassy to Atletico
Theo to Bayern
Reinildo to United

I read that Leverkusen or Dortmund may be it for El Khannous. At any rate, he's for sure leaving Belgium this summer. He's going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad