GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Evans is a good 4C and I am good keeping him longer term as long as the money does not get stupid. While I think Cs are of course the most important forward position, Evans is making $1.7M now. Thats already a decent amount for a 4C. For a 3C you are going to pay into that range of $3.0M-$4.5M.

Dvorak should be gone by the TDL but certainly by seasons end. So we need a 3C and maybe 4C and the possible Cs ( Beck, Kapanen, Hage , Xhekaj ) are 2-3 years away from a full time role is my estimate.

Ideally we sign Evans to a 3 year deal , which fits with a bottom 6 guy. Unfortunately he will want a pay bump and we get into pretty big numbers unless he can play a 3C role, but Newhook may get that job.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Might as well close this thread...anyone left in free agency now, pretty much isn't getting signed until late in the summer to either a very cheap deal, or a PTO.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kid is coming in 5 weeks, I'll take the slow moments while they are here haha
Oh man its true

You're cooked! Welcome to the washed club!
1720725603929.gif

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I think we should get other players that can PK instead.

Keeps Slaf fresher for ES and PP.

I'd try Newhook since he's the fastest skater, has a laser shot and improved on the dot. He'd provide a threat on the PK and either make opposing teams more conservative or punish them

Reactions: GrandBison

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Evans is a good 4C and I am good keeping him longer term as long as the money does not get stupid. While I think Cs are of course the most important forward position, Evans is making $1.7M now. Thats already a decent amount for a 4C. For a 3C you are going to pay into that range of $3.0M-$4.5M.

Dvorak should be gone by the TDL but certainly by seasons end. So we need a 3C and maybe 4C and the possible Cs ( Beck, Kapanen, Hage , Xhekaj ) are 2-3 years away from a full time role is my estimate.

Ideally we sign Evans to a 3 year deal , which fits with a bottom 6 guy. Unfortunately he will want a pay bump and we get into pretty big numbers unless he can play a 3C role, but Newhook may get that job.
He's not a player that makes your team win. He's a decent pk center and after that there isn't much to say. He's not physical at all, he skate well enough, this is not his problem, no wow, I think Habs should put more quality, more money on the 4th center than Evans. Someone with a bigger physical presence.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's not a player that makes your team win. He's a decent pk center and after that there isn't much to say. He's not physical at all, he skate well enough, this is not his problem, no wow, I think Habs should put more quality, more money on the 4th center than Evans. Someone with a bigger physical presence.
I commend Evans for being a 207th overall pick to carving out an NHL career. That is amazing but Habs need better players.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I get what you are saying, but he is also not a player that makes your team loses. I don't mind him at all on 4C, surround him with big bodies and he could do a good proper role.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Like F. Xhekaj ? Beck ? In time.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad