GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Because it hurts them more, teams (especially contending ones) will try to do everything before a buy out. Can you provide with some examples where a team gave up assets for a player, and then bought him out the very next year when the player was making something close to 2.75x2?

Like I said, they'd retain him further and flip him if it gets to that point, teams don't want to have dead cap space for no reason. There is no risk from the Habs here. I'm also not following your logic in your doomsday hypothetical scenario.

If the Habs buy out Anderson next year, they get stuck with 1.9/3.4/1.4/1.4 dead cap space for the next 4 years. If they retain 50% and trade him to another team and this other team buys him out next year, Habs will now be stuck with 0.95/1.7/0.7/0.7 dead cap space for the next 4 years instead.

There is zero risk for the Habs, it's only upside. Either they only have to retain 2.75x2, or they have a dead cap hit of 0.95/1.7/0.7/0.7 which is objectively better than buying him out on their own. No Anderson, money saved no matter the situation, and gained assets all for the cost of a retention slot when we have 2 more next year.

I guess I missed that part. Which make it even more easier to answer because no contender is picking up Anderson nor giving assets for him. So if this specific scenario is the threshold to trade Anderson @50% retention, then there is no issue whatsoever because it's not happening.

If by some miracle Anderson pull out of his downward trend then that would make sense, but he can't do that during the off-season.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
None have real value outside Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson and Mailloux

We should not trade one of them for McG either although McG would be very nice.
Trade Rienbacher

Mailloux seems like a no for our front office although i think its a fair trade 1 on 1.

I personally think the best way to acquire McG is by overpaying in draft pick.

One of our 1st next year + our two 2nd if need be.
Reinbacher for McG and a 2nd

• Haha
Reactions: Team_Spirit

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Hughes is not trading Orville, no way................Mailloux maybe.
I don't think we are gonna starve for offense in the future to the point we need to move on of the top 4 (Ghule, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Hutson). Right now we are in a position of strength, we don't have to worry about our future blue line (a legit #1 defenseman would be nice, but I could see this group work as a unit). Remove one of them and I don't feel as comfortable about our defensive depth.

Reactions: Jaynki

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trading Reinbacher for a forward, when we could have drafted Michkov instead who could most likely be better than any forward we would get for Reinbacher, would be a brain-dead decision.
Not a reinbacher fan

Nope, not even close.

Top pair RD are hard to get.

It was easier to get Demidov than a top pair RD in 2024.

Let that sink in
Well then u ask for more lol

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Not a reinbacher fan
He is our only RD with true top pairing potential in the system. Not high on him unlike a lot of posters here are but I can recognise the tools and the potential upside. Moving him leaves a big hole on the right side.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hughes is not trading Orville, no way................Mailloux maybe.
I think Mailloux becomes better player than Reinbacher
Not sure what all the living on Reinbacher is about
Possible he wouldn't have been in top 5 dmen drafted this draft

He is our only RD with true top pairing potential in the system. Not high on him unlike a lot of posters here are but I can recognise the tools and the potential upside. Moving him leaves a big hole on the right side.
No hole yet he hasn't even played

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Trading Reinbacher ain't happening

We just witnessed how RDs are in high demand when a team like Chicago passes on Demidov for an RD perceived as being still raw

Just cross your fingers and pray Reinbacher and Mailloux become top 4 RDs that will then allow us to draft BPA without being stuck to reach for a Levshunov or Yakemchuk

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
f250a85c9c9c8cb723ab54ff263598ab.gif

Reactions: Redux91 and zx81

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: