GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Actually 100% down for this lmao
Don't know why but I really want it, insert directly Into top6 with the kids a bit , Marty would know how to use him too

Give it like 3 years, see what happens, we got the cash

I'd be very down to see it after seeing our Kovalchuk and Corey Perry stints lol
I'm a go for this
Kane can join past their prime NHL stars turned one off Habs like Staal, Perry, Kovalchuk, Briere and Semin. It's actually quite fitting!

That said, I think Kane can contribute more than those players and a 1 year deal makes a lot of sense for both sides (if he wanted to come here).

Reactions: Redux91

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He was no doubt brutal..................my point was he could............could make a resurgence, if he takes a role ala a checking winger. He has speed, and size. I hope..........he can find a role.
As for the money, well Bergevin stuck with several bad contracts, and there is at least one contract worse than his. ( Gally )
I mean he had 3 seasons of 14 points his career stats is just an average 4th liner who can play on the third line once in a while.

Don't forget Armia had top 6 and PP time when he joined and had around 17min of icetime and still couldn't produce.

We literally have the meme on this board, armia gets 2 points in a game and then we say see you in 10 games.

Reactions: BLONG7

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Seravalli doesn't even know if Kane has any interest in Montreal.
I still don't get where he got the idea that the Habs were interested in Kane. It's not coming from the Habs side.

And now I feel like I said the exactly same thing last year right before July 1st about another UFA the Habs were apparently interested in... Oh wait, Kane's agent is Pat Brisson. He always use rumors of the Habs to raise the price of his players.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I still don't get where he got the idea that the Habs were interested in Kane. It's not coming from the Habs side.

And now I feel like I said the exactly same thing last year right before July 1st about another UFA the Habs were apparently interested in... Oh wait, Kane's agent is Pat Brisson. He always use rumors of the Habs to raise the price of his players.
Didn't Kane once said I'd rather play in the U.S when he was in Chicago?

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Gorton clearly stated no long term contract to UFA vet. No Albatross are going to be signed.
even a three year deal is too long for a 36 yo. let's say we sign kane at 3 years 5m. if he falls of the cliff we are guaranteed with 17m dead cap between anderson, gallagher and kane. it would be a disaster for any hope for a competitive team before 2027.

on the other hand, we already have too many bottom six forwards who can't play on pk. if anderson and gallagher are garbage again next year i'd rather give roy a chance on the second line and if the team is competitive try to find a top six forward before trade deadline.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
even a three year deal is too long for 36 yo. let's say we sign kane at 3 years 5m. if he falls of the cliff we are guaranteed with 17m dead cap between anderson, gallagher and kane. it would be a disaster for any hope for a competitive team before 2027.

on the other hand, we already have too many bottom six forwards who can't play on pk. if anderson and gallagher are garbage again next year i'd rather give roy a chance on the second line and if team is competitive try to find a top six forward before trade deadline.
I can't see them offering anyone 35yr+ anything more than a 2 year deal. It would go against what Gorton said. The Leafs signing Marleau to a 3 year deal is a good example of how that can quickly backfire.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Redux91

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Whats the purpose to have that many good young dman and refusing to trade one for a young player of the calibre of McG? I mean, what are you waiting for? That would be very stupid to pass on that occasion. We still have a boat load of picks as assets too.

If we are not willing to sacrifice one of them for McG, we won’t be willing to sacrifice any of them for anyone. Stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad