2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Good to see the prices are coming down a bit for Friday, but they are outrageous. The resellers are being greedy. Upperbowl yesterday were $1900 at the lowest, now they are down in $1600s. I hope these resellers get caught with them. I know someone who sold on Fansfirst and their tickets are being relisted. My understanding is the ticket was around $750, sold for $1800+ and now relisted at $2600. Amazing what people are trying to do to make a couple a hundred bucks. Like I said i hope they get caught.

The initial seller made some money but they would have had to commit to the full playoff to get the max discounts.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I paid the premium and bought tickets for Friday. I watched prices closely for game 4 and they never really dropped even minutes before puck drop.

People need to remember that the STH cost is also very high, so while the ticket prices might seem insane the base cost is really driving that as well.

It's going to be the biggest game I've ever been too, can't wait.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I paid the premium and bought tickets for Friday. I watched prices closely for game 4 and they never really dropped even minutes before puck drop.

People need to remember that the STH cost is also very high, so while the ticket prices might seem insane the base cost is really driving that as well.

It's going to be the biggest game I've ever been too, can't wait.
Have fun, I haven't decided if I'm going or one of my offspring.

Reactions: Oildrum

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Whats the STH cost vs resale?

I wonder how much some people are making off this.

I cant justify going to a game for 1800-2000 per.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
decided to look at the season tickets availability, there are lots in the upper bowl and quite a few in the lower bowl. There is a myth out there that they have a waiting list, I don't think its a big a many think. Guess we will see in the next month. Looking forward to the 4 game packs they come out with.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
decided to look at the season tickets availability, there are lots in the upper bowl and quite a few in the lower bowl. There is a myth out there that they have a waiting list, I don't think its a big a many think. Guess we will see in the next month. Looking forward to the 4 game packs they come out with.

Man there is a lot of green on that map. Wild how many seats are available after going to game 7 of the finals.

Gave up mine years ago and just bought playoff tickets resale this year. And given how expensive playoff tickets are even for STH I still came out ahead.

I'm afraid we slowly become like Toronto and it's just companies owning seats.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Looks to me like some ticket resellers are getting out of the gate or thinning their inventory and quite a few others dropping out. Gonna be interesting to see if they can sell out regularly in the middle of January next year on a Tuesday night against a bad team.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Man there is a lot of green on that map. Wild how many seats are available after going to game 7 of the finals.

Gave up mine years ago and just bought playoff tickets resale this year. And given how expensive playoff tickets are even for STH I still came out ahead.

I'm afraid we slowly become like Toronto and it's just companies owning seats.
Yup its a corporate sell now. I kept mine this year and added two next to mine because I have some partners again. I was about to drop the tickets.

Looks to me like some ticket resellers are getting out of the gate or thinning their inventory and quite a few others dropping out. Gonna be interesting to see if they can sell out regularly in the middle of January next year on a Tuesday night against a bad team.
They have to be taking a loss and the playoffs didn't payoff.

Oilmageddon

Oct 7, 2009
I just signed up to be a STH and am so pumped for next season! There is a verification process to go through where OEG confirms your identity and the credit card used. Has this always been in place or is it a new process to weed out the resellers? Do STH renewals need to this as well or just first timers?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I just signed up to be a STH and am so pumped for next season! There is a verification process to go through where OEG confirms your identity and the credit card used. Has this always been in place or is it a new process to weed out the resellers? Do STH renewals need to this as well or just first timers?
I think it is new this year for new STH. Welcome to the jungle!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm splitting my season's tickets this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to best split them up?

I'm thinking of assigning a value of 1-6 to each game then splitting them up 50/50 from there, but was curious what others do before I start. My methodology is as follows:

"1" is a mid-week game against a shitty opponent (think Blue Jackets on a Tuesday Night)
"2" is a weekend afternoon against a shitty opponent (think Sharks at 2 on a Saturday)
"3" is a mid-week game against a good/attractive opponent (think Lightning on a Wednesday)
"4" is a Friday/Saturday night game against anyone (think Blues on a Saturday night)
"5" is a game against a rival or attractive opponent on a week day (think Stars on a Monday)
"6" is a Saturday game against a rival or attractive opponent (think Leafs on a Saturday)

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
I'm splitting my season's tickets this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to best split them up?

I'm thinking of assigning a value of 1-6 to each game then splitting them up 50/50 from there, but was curious what others do before I start. My methodology is as follows:

"1" is a mid-week game against a shitty opponent (think Blue Jackets on a Tuesday Night)
"2" is a weekend afternoon against a shitty opponent (think Sharks at 2 on a Saturday)
"3" is a mid-week game against a good/attractive opponent (think Lightning on a Wednesday)
"4" is a Friday/Saturday night game against anyone (think Blues on a Saturday night)
"5" is a game against a rival or attractive opponent on a week day (think Stars on a Monday)
"6" is a Saturday game against a rival or attractive opponent (think Leafs on a Saturday)

How many people are splitting them? Why just let people pick like a draft? What you see as attractive might not be that attractive to someone else.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
How many people are splitting them? Why just let people pick like a draft? What you see as attractive might not be that attractive to someone else.

It's a 50/50 split. Not a big fan of the draft idea because it's tough to keep it completely equitable with only two people, but would probably go that route with 3 or 4 people splitting.

I found that there is roughly an even split of games in each category. I basically took a first crack at it and told the other side to let me know if he feels strongly about any games in particular and then we can move things around accordingly.

Mostly doing my best to not leave either of us thinking "ah it's bullshit that he snagged both games against the Flames" or "he took all the Saturday games" for example. Half of a pair of season's tickets is a big $ proposition now, so really trying to avoid any sense of hard feelings.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's a 50/50 split. Not a big fan of the draft idea because it's tough to keep it completely equitable with only two people, but would probably go that route with 3 or 4 people splitting.

I found that there is roughly an even split of games in each category. I basically took a first crack at it and told the other side to let me know if he feels strongly about any games in particular and then we can move things around accordingly.

Mostly doing my best to not leave either of us thinking "ah it's bullshit that he snagged both games against the Flames" or "he took all the Saturday games" for example. Half of a pair of season's tickets is a big $ proposition now, so really trying to avoid any sense of hard feelings.

I think you're overcomplicating it. I have done splits before and found it easiest to do it this way and never any hard feelings.

1- split the Calgary games. If it's one of the rare years they come once that is the first pick and whoever doesn't get that one picks the next game they want regardless who or when it is.
2- split up the Friday, Saturday games in a draft. Whoever got the best Calgary game picks last in this one.
3- split up the Sunday games. Whoever went first in the weekend games above goes last in the Sunday draft.
4- split up the rest of the games in a draft, first is whoever picked 2nd last in the Sunday draft.
Playoffs - Coin flip to see who gets Series One Game One and then its I Go You Go. If there is ever a Stanley Cup clinching game both go.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016

Maybe we are thinking differently what a draft between 2 people would look like but how can someone take all of the Saturday games when you alternate picks? The person with no Saturday games must have picked non-Saturday games they desired more than Saturday games so how can they complain?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Maybe we are thinking differently what a draft between 2 people would look like but how can someone take all of the Saturday games when you alternate picks? The person with no Saturday games must have picked non-Saturday games they desired more than Saturday games so how can they complain?

Just about balancing the experiences. This year's schedule actually works out well for a balanced split, because there are roughly equal numbers of similar games across the board according to my tier system.

It actually worked out well, took a run at it, sent it over to the other side and asked if he felt strongly about going to any of the games he didn't get. He had one or two to horse trade and that was it.

If anyone is interested, I attached an image of how I did it and allocated the games for context.

Screenshot by Snip My on Jul 23, 2024 at 9.42.42 AM.png

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Just about balancing the experiences. This year's schedule actually works out well for a balanced split, because there are roughly equal numbers of similar games across the board according to my tier system.

It actually worked out well, took a run at it, sent it over to the other side and asked if he felt strongly about going to any of the games he didn't get. He had one or two to horse trade and that was it.

If anyone is interested, I attached an image of how I did it and allocated the games for context.

View attachment 896551
This seems like such a wild way to do it. I've always just done a draft because you might rate a game a 5-6 but its a 1-2 for me, or vice versa. Plus peoples schedules are different, vacations/birthdays/holidays etc. Not to mention a draft is part of the fun.

Glad it worked for you but I would never do it this way.

Reactions: Simby

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

View attachment 896551
No horse in this race but you've overthought this. Simply allowing a draft share of tickets allows people to have the games they want and not the games as ranked by you. Like everybody would rank the experiences or attractiveness of games differently.

For instance not sure how Hawks are a 6. Just a terrible club and is bedard really that much of a sell here? Similarly the Kings are lightweights now. They hardly rank a 5 for any reason. Plus the one Kings game is a monday, the worst hockey night ever.

In most peoples book Rangers would be a top sell for reasons of being Original 6, being only one game a year, and due to them being an offensive team that always plays high scoring games against us. That game is a 6. Plus its a Saturday game. Oddly you rank a Kraken game, and Ducks and Sharks the same 4 ranking you give the Rangers. Nobody cares about those clubs. In a draft those are last pick games.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

View attachment 896551
Glad it worked out for you but I will join the mob and say a draft is the way to go. Been doing it for 20 years, with a mix of 2,3 or 4 partners and it works out great. Everyone has different priorities, work and vacation schedules and so everyone always seems to come up happy.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

The last few years that we had seats we were splitting them between four people, and the draft was always interesting. Always got more than my fair share of what I called A games, as one of the guys chose dates before teams, and always liked Sunday games, regardless of who was playing. Turned out in those years there were an awful lot of crappy teams that came into town on a Sunday. ;)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
No horse in this race but you've overthought this. Simply allowing a draft share of tickets allows people to have the games they want and not the games as ranked by you. Like everybody would rank the experiences or attractiveness of games differently.

For instance not sure how Hawks are a 6. Just a terrible club and is bedard really that much of a sell here? Similarly the Kings are lightweights now. They hardly rank a 5 for any reason. Plus the one Kings game is a monday, the worst hockey night ever.

In most peoples book Rangers would be a top sell for reasons of being Original 6, being only one game a year, and due to them being an offensive team that always plays high scoring games against us. That game is a 6. Plus its a Saturday game. Oddly you rank a Kraken game, and Ducks and Sharks the same 4 ranking you give the Rangers. Nobody cares about those clubs. In a draft those are last pick games.

Thankfully the person that actually is sharing the tickets with me liked it, asked for a few changes which I obliged, then thanked me for it.

Oilmageddon

Oct 7, 2009
Anyone looking for single game Oiler tickets DM me as I have quite a few games I won't be able to make. My seats are second level center ice in section 219.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad