2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
This is likely a stretch as it is a Thursday versus Saturday game, but I'll throw it out here anyways. Willing to take worse tickets because of the day premium.

I have 4 tickets to the Thursday game but only 2 to the Saturday game. I have a couple buddies who want to come up but can't make it Thursday.

Would anyone be willing to swap 2 tickets Thursday for 2 tickets Saturday? We are in the 2nd row in 214.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I guess I've been posting in the wrong thread

Am hoping to fly up from Australia for a games 3 and 4 so pretty desperate for a ticket to either of the games.

If I can secure one I call in sick for work next week and book the flights.

If anyone can help me buy a ticket I can bring you whatever you want from Australia within reason. Beer from my brewery, food, niche items, whatever. Will have plenty of luggage space after the like 1 pair of pants and 3 shirts I'll be packing

I can’t help you secure a ticket as I’m not selling mine but I’d be happy to pick you up from the airport as I’m not far away.

To those planning on coming in from out of town the downtown hotels are selling out fast. The JW, Delta and Courtyard are already sold out. Westin still has some rooms. It’s gonna be nuts.

Unless someone here decides to be charitable you won't save any money and would be at risk of being defrauded vs. just buying off an accredited site.
Word of advice for people asking people here for tickets/how to get tickets - you're much better served getting a handle on the resale market on Ticketmaster or Stubhub, keeping a close eye on prices and then pouncing on ones that pop up that suit your needs.

There’s going to be lots of that I’m afraid. Buyers please be very careful.

Reactions: brentashton

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I can’t help you secure a ticket as I’m not selling mine but I’d be happy to pick you up from the airport as I’m not far away.

To those planning on coming in from out of town the downtown hotels are selling out fast. The JW, Delta and Courtyard are already sold out. Westin still has some rooms. It’s gonna be nuts.

I live in Edmonton, but still booked a refundable hotel downtown after Game 6 just in case. I have a feeling that it will likely not be possible to leave the area for a while if the Oilers win it at home. *knock on wood*

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I live in Edmonton, but still booked a refundable hotel downtown after Game 6 just in case. I have a feeling that it will likely not be possible to leave the area for a while if the Oilers win it at home. *knock on wood*

It’ll be over after Game 5! Oilers in 5!

Yeah the weekend of games 3/4 is sold out at many popular downtown hotels already.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Word of advice for people asking people here for tickets/how to get tickets - you're much better served getting a handle on the resale market on Ticketmaster or Stubhub, keeping a close eye on prices and then pouncing on ones that pop up that suit your needs.

Unless someone here decides to be charitable you won't save any money and would be at risk of being defrauded vs. just buying off an accredited site.
I'd suggest looking at Fansfirst as well, they have less fees than Stubhub and Ticketmaster. Usually they are less money. Warning if you do buy off the resellers like Stubhub or Fansfirst, us STH don't have the tickets yet to transfer so don't be alarmed that you don't receive tickets immediately. In Round three it took a few days before Ticketmaster released them to us.

I hate Ticketmaster.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They like to take the money quickly, not sure how there is any delay.

I’m not sure, maybe there’s programming they have to do or something. Have to admit the whole e-ticket thing is pretty slick. I’m sure there’s a big backend set of programming or coding that needs to be done to make it work as seamlessly as it does.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I’m not sure, maybe there’s programming they have to do or something. Have to admit the whole e-ticket thing is pretty slick. I’m sure there’s a big backend set of programming or coding that needs to be done to make it work as seamlessly as it does.
Programming isn't that complex, unless its the LRT!! General sales are tomorrow too I think.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Does the LRT still not work!?

Yeah 11 am is a presale and 12 is general sales. They’ll be sold out by 12:01.
I think its functioning presently, but thats another story. Problem with going with three different systems. I hear they are going with a local firm for the South line and its about time.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think its functioning presently, but thats another story. Problem with going with three different systems. I hear they are going with a local firm for the South line and its about time.

Only in Edmonton would you have 2 different LRT’s with 3 different software systems.

• Haha
Reactions: timekeep

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well here we are is it worth it as a STH im not sure lol its alot of money, but ill be at every game played at Rogers, just like I was at every SCF game in 2006 in rexall

Cant wait

I have had lots of people wanting to buy my tickets, friends lol, people I know. I tell them 4 K a seat, I paid alot to get to this stage why would I give them away at this point?

I would be open to offers for game 6 starting at 5K

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Very much appreciated the offer but I'm actually originally from Sherwood Park myself so shouldn't be too hard to have an old friend pick me up and will probably be able to crash at my sisters house. I moved over to Aus in 2008 :)

• Love

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well here we are is it worth it as a STH im not sure lol its alot of money, but ill be at every game played at Rogers, just like I was at every SCF game in 2006 in rexall

Cant wait

I have had lots of people wanting to buy my tickets, friends lol, people I know. I tell them 4 K a seat, I paid alot to get to this stage why would I give them away at this point?

I would be open to offers for game 6 starting at 5K

Same here but I do not care what is offered to me. This is worth a lot more than money to me if I can see them win, even if we do not win at home.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Same here but I do not care what is offered to me. This is worth a lot more than money to me if I can see them win, even if we do not win at home.

10000% this.

When you’re in your final days reflecting on life what are you going to think back on more? Watching the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final (or potentially win the cup), or the few thousand dollars you picked up flipping the tickets?

For me to even consider it it would have to be substantial money many multiple times what even this resale market is like.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
For those looking for tickets, tomorrow at 12 noon what isnt sold at the STH presale at 11 (unique codes and require STH access as you buy them via your account) I would sign up for last minute ticket releases (see the graphic below). These are usually visiting team ticket holds that expire anytime between about noon and 4 PM on game day.

I have picked up ticket on the release like this in the 2017 Playoff run when I needed a couple of extra tickets for family that also wanted to go to the game so its a great way to buy last minute seats without paying aftermarket price but you have to be watching your phone like a hawk as well as be very quick on the draw and lucky.

Note, tickets for Game 6 are also going on sale tomorrow, not just for Games 3 and 4!

Tickets will become available to the public at 12:00 PM MT and seats are limited, so be sure to secure your tickets early!
HOME GAME SCHEDULE
Thursday, June 13 at 6:00 PM MT
Saturday, June 15 at 6:00 PM MT
Friday, June 21 at 6:00 PM MT (if necessary)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
10000% this.

When you’re in your final days reflecting on life what are you going to think back on more? Watching the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final (or potentially win the cup), or the few thousand dollars you picked up flipping the tickets?

For me to even consider it it would have to be substantial money many multiple times what even this resale market is like.

I’ve dreamt about one of my sons seeing them win a cup like I did when I was young in the glory days. We’ve already made many memories, can’t even imagine having a cup win and us seeing it together.

Reactions: brentashton

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
My speculation is they want to sell the team available tickets first before others get listed. Not that I think it’s any worry that they will sell out but I have a feeling they want to sell all theirs first.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I cancelled my season seats years ago and said I would just buy Stanley cup final tickets if the time ever came. Well looks like it's time to put money where my mouth is. I assume at noon there will be nothing available, I'll pay whatever the insane resale market pricing is.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I cancelled my season seats years ago and said I would just buy Stanley cup final tickets if the time ever came. Well looks like it's time to put money where my mouth is. I assume at noon there will be nothing available, I'll pay whatever the insane resale market pricing is.

Register for the last minute game day ticket releases too. (See graphic in post 243 above)

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Nosebleed seat pricing seems way out of line when compared to lower bowl.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 13-31-00 Stanley Cup Finals Florida Panthers at Edmonton Oilers (Game...png

Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just checked the prices for resale tickets on TM for Game 4, most expensive I saw were Club centre, ice level at just under 15K for 2 seats all inclusive.

.......aaaaaaaaaaand this is why I have seasons tickets. Many many many MANY dry lean frustrating garbage can kicking years from 92 to 04 to watch us be middle to lower tier and fight for every win with no real chance of winning thanks to the economics of it all, 1 glorious Cup run which ended in total heartbreak in Carolina, followed by the gut punch laughing stock of the league OBC DoD years, and then the Chiarelli wasting nearly a decade of McDavid years...............over 30 YEARS of waiting..............for guaranteed seats to 3 games and a chance to see the Oilers hoist the cup at home.

If they win I can die a happy man as I have my seats, I am taking my son, I am going to probably drink way more than I should, to maybe possibly see our team hoist the cup.

Sorry....I am getting emotional even thinking about it...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad