2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
We are row 2 section 214. I believe for this round it was $375ish.

Can grab a set in Section 215 row 3 for $289 on ticketmaster right now.

Can go in section 212 row 9 and grab them for $245. They're worse seats yes, but they're also $260 cheaper for slightly worse seats. I buy these all day over paying $375 for mine if I had the chance.

Ya, worse seats but not worth the massive price difference.

I saw upper deck row 1 for $175 at the start of game 3. I was shocked.

Are there more resellers this year? The seating map is a sea of pink.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019

It's pretty consistent to previous years I'd say, it's almost always a sea of pink. The outlier this year is that there's still blue tickets actually available, let alone still available on game day hours before puck drop, and then the fact that a bunch of the re-sale tickets are selling for a loss to those holders.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

There are much more resellers yeah, and the resale market being lower than the absolute soaking the Oilers have attempted to do to their fans pretty much guarantees the building will not be sold out.

I am likely going to just cancel my seasons and just head to the arena and buy a set of resales 5 minutes before the game next year. Pretty much guarantees I'll save hundreds of dollars to get into the arena.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Ftr this is what I posted when I first heard about the playoff pricing for STH on March 12 when I first heard about it:

The Oilers and any team want the cut of the pie that resale tickets are going for. They have no interest in their STH fans having that margin. The Oilers just took it, they took all of it.

These are STH ticket prices for playoffs. What kind of markup other than none are STH going to be able to have after Ticketmaster fees, arena levy fee etc on resales?

Judging from online comments a lot of STH are just going to say no to the playoff tickets.

What is the real chance that this is so high priced that the games won't even be sold out. Wondering.
So being how predictable this was why did STH buy? I was basically telling people that at these prices there would be tickets available and that resellers would not be getting margin. The Oilers took all that.

Same post I questioned that the games would not be sold out. Indeed tickets, either resale or originals have been available for every game. None of the games, not even first game was sold out. STH could have saved money just saying no, and also send the team a message.

Fwiw at the time people were saying I was wrong and countering that market would bare these prices, the games would sell out, and the demand would be immense. Not true.

250bucks gets you in today. Lots of tickets 100bucks under regular prices on resale.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
just a joke but looks like not many other people want to pay to see Skinner in net either.

Not sure what it is but around the city the energy is down. There was excitement first round, team doing well. Then relief at 2nd round, and now 3rd round you wouldn't even know its playoffs after game 3. As if people are just figuring this is Vegas series all over.

In anycase buyer burnout is crystal clear. Less demand for tickets and lower prices for resale each round. Which is interestingly opposite of how the Oilers structured the pricing making the latter series more expensive for STH.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
I imagine you'd be able to get some cheap tickets tonight. They're down to $240 on resale and continuing to fall.

People desperately trying to dump tickets and taking massive losses. I'm debating just cancelling my renewal next year. Why the hell as a season ticket holder am I paying $100 MORE than someone who can just hop on and buy tickets right now.

Absolute joke really.

Why are people desperately trying to dump tickets? The series is 2-1, not 3-0.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I imagine you'd be able to get some cheap tickets tonight. They're down to $240 on resale and continuing to fall.

People desperately trying to dump tickets and taking massive losses. I'm debating just cancelling my renewal next year. Why the hell as a season ticket holder am I paying $100 MORE than someone who can just hop on and buy tickets right now.

Absolute joke really.

I live out of town, but am considering driving up for the Sunday game (if there is one) and buying last minute tickets, as I'm guessing they will be cheap.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I am likely going to just cancel my seasons and just head to the arena and buy a set of resales 5 minutes before the game next year. Pretty much guarantees I'll save hundreds of dollars to get into the arena.
Did this after 2022. Even for the regular season you can buy last minute pairs for $100-$150 when the team charges you that per ticket

Reactions: McBigYak

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Ticket prices must be getting pretty close to the limit as to what the market is willing to pay. I just can't see how the Oilers can continually increase playoff and season ticket prices every year thinking customers are willing to pay that much. There's gotta be a breaking point and I wonder how close we are to that level.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Ticket prices must be getting pretty close to the limit as to what the market is willing to pay. I just can't see how the Oilers can continually increase playoff and season ticket prices every year thinking customers are willing to pay that much. There's gotta be a breaking point and I wonder how close we are to that level.
I think they are already there. Just wait until some of these contracts come up. If we lose Drai, Bouch or McDavid because of stupid contracts to Nurse and Campbell the season ticket base will plummet.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
I think they are already there. Just wait until some of these contracts come up. If we lose Drai, Bouch or McDavid because of stupid contracts to Nurse and Campbell the season ticket base will plummet.
Even if all of those guys stay, once the contender window closes, lots will cut tickets, especially at the prices they are charging

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They took note of what the COE is doing with property taxes. haha Just got mine today. f***ing ouch. Another 300buck increase over last year. Been incrementing up like that for years. This being a city that pays 60M for busses that don't even work and just calls it a day.

Oh look the city has this easy to use APP. So that a standard house in Edmonton now costs 5K a year in property taxes alone.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Stubhub had some Game 4 tickets for less than 200 bucks...Game 6 tickets right now? 390 bucks is the cheapest

the bandwagon is full again lol

If we beat the Stars in Game 5 the ticket prices will increase from there. The simple law of supply and demand.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Why are people desperately trying to dump tickets? The series is 2-1, not 3-0.
There are tons of people who list and see if they can sell them to try to recoup costs but will go if not sold. Not really desperate but testing th market. Where you see big blocks of tix you are seeing the ticket resellers ( think the old school tnt ticket guys). Those guys I have no empathy for.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
25+ year fan stuck living in Calgary here. Anyone looking to sell tickets for a potential Game 6 please let me know.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Good day Oilers fans. I would like to go to game 6 with my 16 year old son. I'm showing that Ticketmaster has tickets going on sale Wednesday June 5th at 11am MT. I also see that they have a presale before that. not sure if that is for season ticket holders or what have you.
Anyway, I'm in London Ontario, so after flights and accommodations, food, and drink...I'd like to try and keep this 24 trip under $3k. Does anyone have a lead on some tickets at face value where I don't need to stress about getting them when tickets go on sale with ticketmaster.

Any good will is much appreciated. I'm hoping that karma is on my side after giving away my Oilers/Vegas playoff tickets to some posters on this board last year. Any help I can get, for 2 tickets (beside each other) anywhere in the arena. Could be presale, could be season tickets, anything.

Thank you in advance,
Nally

Last edited:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Lol same here
Been in calgary 40 years now
Any one have tickets to sell to Game 4 June 15th PM me please and thank you

25+ year fan stuck living in Calgary here. Anyone looking to sell tickets for a potential Game 6 please let me know.

Lol same here
Been in calgary 40 years now
I think I will be selling a set of Lower Bowl, Zamboni end. I will confirm in the next couple of days.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I guess I've been posting in the wrong thread

Am hoping to fly up from Australia for a games 3 and 4 so pretty desperate for a ticket to either of the games.

If I can secure one I call in sick for work next week and book the flights.

If anyone can help me buy a ticket I can bring you whatever you want from Australia within reason. Beer from my brewery, food, niche items, whatever. Will have plenty of luggage space after the like 1 pair of pants and 3 shirts I'll be packing

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Word of advice for people asking people here for tickets/how to get tickets - you're much better served getting a handle on the resale market on Ticketmaster or Stubhub, keeping a close eye on prices and then pouncing on ones that pop up that suit your needs.

Unless someone here decides to be charitable you won't save any money and would be at risk of being defrauded vs. just buying off an accredited site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad