2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Got my package the other day and noticed my renewal price jump $285. Kind of a piss off considering it's for 40 games + pre-season and buying the Heritage Classic is extra.

Also noticed the price on the playoffs. By my math if the Oil play four seven-game series and ended each one with a Game 7 at home it would cost me a shade under $7000. Which is what my 2023 season tickets cost.

I'll be around for another season or three but not sure how much longer. I just turned 47 and am starting to push 50. I'm getting too old for this shit.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Got my package the other day and noticed my renewal price jump $285. Kind of a piss off considering it's for 40 games + pre-season and buying the Heritage Classic is extra.

Also noticed the price on the playoffs. By my math if the Oil play four seven-game series and ended each one with a Game 7 at home it would cost me a shade under $7000. Which is what my 2023 season tickets cost.

I'll be around for another season or three but not sure how much longer. I just turned 47 and am starting to push 50. I'm getting too old for this shit.

They charge us for 41 games and give us a credit after the outdoor game is played. The outdoor game is apparently an NHL property and not sold by the Oilers as a home game it said in my email but that still doesn’t explain why you have to pay for it and get refunded after the game is played. Cash flow can’t be that tight, can it?

Playoffs at least this year it seems they have a pay as they play option instead of having to buy the entire round whether they play all the games or not.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Anyone going to one of the Season Seat Holder Receptions starting on March 15?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I got rid of my upper bowl tickets a few year ago. Prices are ridiculous for the cost of the seats and concessions but what I really don't like is the new arena. Lack of atmosphere, bathrooms, food and drink options, everyone herding together to go down the one escalator. I like the Sportsnet lounge quite a bit but that's out of my price range.

Now I just buy tickets a few hours before the game on the days I want to go for less then ticket price unless you want to go to a marquee game like the home opener, Leafs, Penguins, Habs. etc

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
I got rid of my upper bowl tickets a few year ago. Prices are ridiculous for the cost of the seats and concessions but what I really don't like is the new arena. Lack of atmosphere, bathrooms, food and drink options, everyone herding together to go down the one escalator. I like the Sportsnet lounge quite a bit but that's out of my price range.

Now I just buy tickets a few hours before the game on the days I want to go for less then ticket price unless you want to go to a marquee game like the home opener, Leafs, Penguins, Habs. etc
My experience was much the same as yours. I was a VERY displeased SS holder and the Oilers did NOTHING for SS holders once they moved to the new library. I was upset about so many things starting from how they took away the open concourse view to the ice with all the drink rail seats in the second level (NOT in the original plan ... just like they did when they retrofitted the Coliseum).

I couldn't be happier that I pulled the pin on my Season Seats a year before COVID hit and I've never looked back. It is interesting that they are starting to treat their SS holders better (but still nowhere close to good enough ... and the prices remain outrageous). They only really started listening to SS holder input once the waiting list disappeared, too little FAR too late.

I sent you a related direct message McShogun if you don't mind taking a look at it.

Thanks everyone and good luck with the rest of your season, playoffs, and 2024 if you remain a Season Seat Holder.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
There are surprisingly almost no lower bowl seats left. I guess people are either going big (lower bowl) or nothing at all.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
After you attend, on the 21st a run down of what was said would be great!

By chance did anyone go this week?

Pretty much the norm. Info about renewals, playoffs, playoff tix, the outdoor game and ticketing from Stu MacDonald, then Holland spoke at length about getting to the playoffs, the season, trade deadline, etc, followed by a hot stove where the 5-6 questions were asked, one why concessions are priced so high (because every other rink is the same thing, which I can attest to as I have seen the Oilers play in almost every other rink in the league and we are by far not the most expensive) and on what happens on trade deadline day for KH.

The only real nugget of information was that McLoed will be out 2-3 more weeks.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Pretty much the norm. Info about renewals, playoffs, playoff tix, the outdoor game and ticketing from Stu MacDonald, then Holland spoke at length about getting to the playoffs, the season, trade deadline, etc, followed by a hot stove where the 5-6 questions were asked, one why concessions are priced so high (because every other rink is the same thing, which I can attest to as I have seen the Oilers play in almost every other rink in the league and we are by far not the most expensive) and on what happens on trade deadline day for KH.

The only real nugget of information was that McLoed will be out 2-3 more weeks.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
Might be a dumb question, but when do we get the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets? I ended up getting season seats today for the 2023/24 season (as a new season seat holder), to go along with the opportunity to guarantee playoff access for the same seats.

Just wanted to double check that I didn't miss something today about purchasing them, or my interest to purchase them, etc.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Might be a dumb question, but when do we get the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets? I ended up getting season seats today for the 2023/24 season (as a new season seat holder), to go along with the opportunity to guarantee playoff access for the same seats.

Just wanted to double check that I didn't miss something today about purchasing them, or my interest to purchase them, etc.

I think you have to go to your account and select the type of package you want for playoffs ( pay all at once, pay per round, pay per game ) deadline is Thursday I think.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think you have to go to your account and select the type of package you want for playoffs ( pay all at once, pay per round, pay per game ) deadline is Thursday I think.

Do you happen to know the date when existing seasons seat holders have the opportunity to purchase additional sets of seats for the playoffs? Usually there is an advance window.

I usually buy some additional seats, but unfortunately I’m not the one that gets the email notices on our ticket account and sometimes we miss it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do you happen to know the date when existing seasons seat holders have the opportunity to purchase additional sets of seats for the playoffs? Usually there is an advance window.

I usually buy some additional seats, but unfortunately I’m not the one that gets the email notices on our ticket account and sometimes we miss it.

They sent something out earlier this week or last week. I don’t buy extra tix so I deleted it.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Any one check out what seats are selling for game 1?

Crazy prices. Can’t get into lower bowl for less than $600 a seat at the moment.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any one check out what seats are selling for game 1?

Crazy prices. Can’t get into lower bowl for less than $600 a seat at the moment.

It’s gonna be nuts. I just paid my playoff tickets today, I hope we win each series 4 straight so I can get half what I paid applied to my 23-24 seasons tix lol.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Couple years ago and last year you could get tickets in the first round lower bowl for 400 a piece, so this years 600 is shocking.

Prices this high I might just sell this year and pay for next years season lol maybe just go to elimination games.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
It’s gonna be nuts. I just paid my playoff tickets today, I hope we win each series 4 straight so I can get half what I paid applied to my 23-24 seasons tix lol.

STH cost in the Club is $875/pair, almost double of our regular season tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad