2024 Season Ticket Renewals / Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just checked the prices for resale tickets on TM for Game 4, most expensive I saw were Club centre, ice level at just under 15K for 2 seats all inclusive.

.......aaaaaaaaaaand this is why I have seasons tickets. Many many many MANY dry lean frustrating garbage can kicking years from 92 to 04 to watch us be middle to lower tier and fight for every win with no real chance of winning thanks to the economics of it all, 1 glorious Cup run which ended in total heartbreak in Carolina, followed by the gut punch laughing stock of the league OBC DoD, and then the Chiarelli wasting nearly a decade of McDavid years...............over 30 YEARS of waiting..............for guaranteed seats to 3 games and a chance to see the Oilers hoist the cup at home.

If they win I can die a happy man as I have my seats, I am taking my son, I am going to probably drink way more than I should, to maybe possibly see our team hoist the cup.

Sorry....I am getting emotional even thinking about it...

I don't think it's really set in for me yet and I'm not sure it will until I'm actually at Game 3. Started (and stopped myself) daydreaming about what it would be like to actually be there if we won and I can't even really picture it.

This is my first SCF that I'm attending. Simply attending a Stanley Cup Final between any teams has been on my bucket list, attending the SCF with the Oilers in it is obviously another level. The $1,900 the Oilers took from me for Game 3 & 4 was maybe the happiest I have ever been to see that amount of money taken from me.

I couldn't sleep last night due to excitement. I have no idea how I'm going to make it to Saturday at this point. I even legitimately thought it was Thursday today for no reason other than I think I was subconsciously trying to will the week along faster.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think it's really set in for me yet and I'm not sure it will until I'm actually at Game 3. Started (and stopped myself) daydreaming about what it would be like to actually be there if we won and I can't even really picture it.

This is my first SCF that I'm attending. Simply attending a Stanley Cup Final between any teams has been on my bucket list, attending the SCF with the Oilers in it is obviously another level. The $1,900 the Oilers took from me for Game 3 & 4 was maybe the happiest I have ever been to see that amount of money taken from me.

I couldn't sleep last night due to excitement. I have no idea how I'm going to make it to Saturday at this point. I even legitimately thought it was Thursday today for no reason other than I think I was subconsciously trying to will the week along faster.
Posts like this and from guys like @5 Mins 4 Ftg are awesome to see. I had to drop my seasons due to many factors (including cost and perceived value, among others) but I'm stoked for those of you who have stuck it out.

You better be loud AF at those games boys.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
What festivities are there downtown prior to the games? I am coming up next Saturday for game 4, and want to know if there are things to do downtown with my kid, or if its best to just show up an hour before the game or whatever.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What festivities are there downtown prior to the games? I am coming up next Saturday for game 4, and want to know if there are things to do downtown with my kid, or if its best to just show up an hour before the game or whatever.

They haven’t announced anything yet that I’ve seen other than the Moss Pit. There’s a big carnival this weekend starting tomorrow June 6-10 from what I saw and located where the Fan Park was. Fan Park coming back after that I would think.

Probably lots of hoopla going to be happening !

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
They haven’t announced anything yet that I’ve seen other than the Moss Pit. There’s a big carnival this weekend starting tomorrow June 6-10 from what I saw and located where the Fan Park was. Fan Park coming back after that I would think.

Probably lots of hoopla going to be happening !

Yeah okay, thanks. I'll check back again next week. Hopefully there is something "extra" for the Cup final, rather than just the tail gating, as that isn't very "10 year old friendly" for my kid, lol.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
I've posted in this thread about how aggressive the markup has been for this year, and I still stand by that and how it's unfortunate, particularly in how for earlier rounds it's kind of killed the benefit of being a SSH, but now that they've made it this far, it is worth it. And it's been a pretty damn great year for my first full year as a SSH haha.

Tickets still aren't cheap, but having guaranteed tickets for a Stanley Cup Final, let alone a Stanley Cup Final the Oilers are playing in is insane. I echo @K1984 's thoughts, don't think I've ever been so happy to see $2000 charged on my credit card, and the fact that they're playing in a final, that I'm going to attend, hasn't really set in yet.

I've certainly had lots of people reach out about my tickets, but there's no monetary value that someone could offer me that would make me sell them. I've only ever seen them in the Cup Final once, and that was a heartbreaking loss for 10 year old me. If, no when, they win this series, it'll be the best moment of my life, and I can't wait to be there to watch it happen.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah okay, thanks. I'll check back again next week. Hopefully there is something "extra" for the Cup final, rather than just the tail gating, as that isn't very "10 year old friendly" for my kid, lol.
People have been complaining about this sort of thing for years but the Oilers have rarely been into providing family friendly options. Kids don't drink booze which is the large cash generator for these things and why the team puts these on even if they don't say so.

The watch parties inside arena were also stated to be family friendly options but they don't even do the minimum towards that providing family friendly non drinking sections for instance.

With the COE further allowing "responsible drinking" in city parks and the City allowing using drugs anywhere including crack and it seems like families, and kid friendly options are hooped.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I've posted in this thread about how aggressive the markup has been for this year, and I still stand by that and how it's unfortunate, particularly in how for earlier rounds it's kind of killed the benefit of being a SSH, but now that they've made it this far, it is worth it. And it's been a pretty damn great year for my first full year as a SSH haha.

Tickets still aren't cheap, but having guaranteed tickets for a Stanley Cup Final, let alone a Stanley Cup Final the Oilers are playing in is insane. I echo @K1984 's thoughts, don't think I've ever been so happy to see $2000 charged on my credit card, and the fact that they're playing in a final, that I'm going to attend, hasn't really set in yet.

I've certainly had lots of people reach out about my tickets, but there's no monetary value that someone could offer me that would make me sell them. I've only ever seen them in the Cup Final once, and that was a heartbreaking loss for 10 year old me. If, no when, they win this series, it'll be the best moment of my life, and I can't wait to be there to watch it happen.
Not to buzz kill but I just don't get comments like this. Been to two SC final wins and as spectacular an experience as it is the bolded is odd to me. Been to two SC winning games. its great, but its not the bolded.

In a Taylor Swift cost 10K to see universe I wonder sometimes how completely the entertainment industry has marketed and targeted that entertainment is some kind of glimpse at heaven.

Instead what you get is to support Ticketmaster and Live Nation among the most corrupt entities in business and who have again been hacked. Just citing this Australian article because more info is contained on ramifications/remedy etc.

So that ticketmaster charges obscene fees and transaction amounts for a service that is basic barcoded automation, and fails at its one task to have the transaction be secure. People lining up to throw money at a company that is involved in countless lawsuits, that has seen anticompetitive charges and is being investigated in most domains on Earth.

Give me the past and BASS ticket outlets any time over this kind of sham. So that when people line up to pay 2K per ticket for the SC final know in advance your paying hundreds of that in direct fees to ticketmaster apparently for the benefit of them compromising your security and with an active data breach still unresolved. I'm relaying this information again because oddly its not been mentioned and people should at least hear about it. It won't be Ticketmaster bothering to alert consumers in the transaction process.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yup, looking at prices in season and in earlier rounds one might think, shit I will just sell and buy tickets for games I want and if they make the Final I will just buy them. Yeah, well good luck Charlie getting tickets to the Final without having to pay through the wazoo or being able to find someone willing to take you.

I dont GAF what @Drivesaitl says as he pines for "The Good Ole Days". Its worth every penny!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yup, looking at prices in season and in earlier rounds one might think, shit I will just sell and buy tickets for games I want and if they make the Final I will just buy them. Yeah, well good luck Charlie getting tickets to the Final without having to pay through the wazoo or being able to find someone willing to take you.

I dont GAF what @Drivesaitl says as he pines for "The Good Ole Days". Its worth every penny!
You seem kinda testy.

Weren't you at the SC wins in 80's or 90? Its a unique and great experience. Didn't say different.

Ticketmaster on the other hand is a shame that should have been shut down 30yrs ago and attempts to do that being near constant in the time since. The most corrupt business entity widely operating.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not to buzz kill but I just don't get comments like this. Been to two SC final wins and as spectacular an experience as it is the bolded is odd to me. Been to two SC winning games. its great, but its not the bolded.

In a Taylor Swift cost 10K to see universe I wonder sometimes how completely the entertainment industry has marketed and targeted that entertainment is some kind of glimpse at heaven.

Instead what you get is to support Ticketmaster and Live Nation among the most corrupt entities in business and who have again been hacked. Just citing this Australian article because more info is contained on ramifications/remedy etc.

So that ticketmaster charges obscene fees and transaction amounts for a service that is basic barcoded automation, and fails at its one task to have the transaction be secure. People lining up to throw money at a company that is involved in countless lawsuits, that has seen anticompetitive charges and is being investigated in most domains on Earth.

Give me the past and BASS ticket outlets any time over this kind of sham. So that when people line up to pay 2K per ticket for the SC final know in advance your paying hundreds of that in direct fees to ticketmaster apparently for the benefit of them compromising your security and with an active data breach still unresolved. I'm relaying this information again because oddly its not been mentioned and people should at least hear about it. It won't be Ticketmaster bothering to alert consumers in the transaction process.

If you dont mean to buzz kill then why do you buzz kill all the time on a near daily basis?

What you think of a SC winning game doesnt mean every single person on the planets experience should align with yours. It's a religious experience to me.

Why do you always dump on people happy to spend their money how they see fit? If someone wants to spend $50K on Super Bowl tickets why do you care? Dont like the system, dont buy tickets. As for TM getting hacked, well they joined the club. Hospitals are hacked daily. Governments are hacked daily. Major international businesses in retail who have the exact same personal information as TM has are hacked daily. Change your password, watch your credit card balances, and carry on.

BASS has been gone forever and no thank you, I do not miss waiting in lines or waiting on the telephone on hold if I was lucky enough to get through while ticket resellers had agreements to get tickets ahead of the cue. Scalpers were just as prolific then as they are now. And people got ripped off with fake tickets all the time.

Would I like to get back to the good old days? Make ticket buying great again? Sure but I would like gas to come down to 25 cents a gallon and a case of beer to be 2 bucks again. Aint gonna happen.

Stop worrying so much about what people spend their own money on and worry about how your carrots are doing in your backyard garden. At least you can impact your carrots!

Edit - not testy, just not sure why you're always dumping on people whenever they choose to overspend on tickets.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
If you dont mean to buzz kill then why do you buzz kill all the time on a near daily basis?

What you think of a SC winning game doesnt mean every single person on the planets experience should align with yours. It's a religious experience to me.

Why do you always dump on people happy to spend their money how they see fit? If someone wants to spend $50K on Super Bowl tickets why do you care? Dont like the system, dont buy tickets. As for TM getting hacked, well they joined the club. Hospitals are hacked daily. Governments are hacked daily. Major international businesses in retail who have the exact same personal information as TM has are hacked daily. Change your password, watch your credit card balances, and carry on.

BASS has been gone forever and no thank you, I do not miss waiting in lines or waiting on the telephone on hold if I was lucky enough to get through while ticket resellers had agreements to get tickets ahead of the cue. Scalpers were just as prolific then as they are now. And people got ripped off with fake tickets all the time.

Would I like to get back to the good old days? Make ticket buying great again? Sure but I would like gas to come down to 25 cents a gallon and a case of beer to be 2 bucks again. Aint gonna happen.

Stop worrying so much about what people spend their own money on and worry about how your carrots are doing in your backyard garden. At least you can impact your carrots!

Edit - not testy, just not sure why you're always dumping on people whenever they choose to overspend on tickets.
Buzz kill On a daily basis? Dump on people always?

Stop worrying about what others post about ticketmaster if it bothers you. I haven't posted on ticketmaster in a year.

Man enjoy the upcoming series. Enjoy being there and let the happiness flow through. ;) Say hi to god for me.

I don't buy tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Stop worrying about what others post about ticketmaster if it bothers you. I haven't posted on ticketmaster in a year.

Man enjoy the upcoming series. Enjoy being there and let the happiness flow through. ;) Say hi to god for me.

I don't buy tickets.

You’re always dumping about ticket prices.

Here are your choices if you don’t like ticket prices instead of dumping on people who buy them.

1- Buy Ticketmaster and change the policy and prices.
2- Don’t buy tickets.

but you can stop dumping on people who do.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You’re always dumping about ticket prices.

Here are your choices if you don’t like ticket prices instead of dumping on people who buy them.

1- Buy Ticketmaster and change the policy and prices.
2- Don’t buy tickets.

but you can stop dumping on people who do.
Not dumping on anybody. You're the one blowing a gasket.

maybe you're getting me mixed up with the posters you were aggravated at yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that..

I think its wonderful that Oilers fans get a chance to witness a SC final, and we're due. Already been there done that for this hombre.

This current Molsons is for the fans that haven't been part of this before and I've even said that several times.

ps I refuse to say "this buds for you" haha. Some other brand instead.

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017

I was expecting a big price jump for the finals but even I was prepared for this. For game 6 vs dallas I was able to get what I think are the best seats in the arena for $1100 which I thought was a good price for that type of game. Looking at the finals that doesnt even get you in the door now.

I was also surprised that I got a call from the Oilers today trying to sell me season seats. I thought they had a wait list for those. I was tempted to pull the trigger today.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not dumping on anybody. You're the one blowing a gasket.

maybe you're getting me mixed up with the posters you were aggravated at yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that..

I think its wonderful that Oilers fans get a chance to witness a SC final, and we're due. Already been there done that for this hombre.

This current Molsons is for the fans that haven't been part of this before and I've even said that several times.

ps I refuse to say "this buds for you" haha. Some other brand instead.

You’re always bitching about TM! Don’t pretend you don’t!

Anyway your post started with “don’t want to be a buzzkill” and then you proceeded to be just that.

Let the STH have his day in the sun FFS! He’s happier than a pig in shit. Be happy for the guy like I’m happy for your carrots!

And yes I will defend STH here because we’ve been shit on constantly by forum members here for years. Now we -finally- get our reward with Cup tickets guaranteed at much much lower prices than what’s out there - and no fees!

All good my friend. You and I really need to go for a beer one of these days lol.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023

Is the fact that ticketmaster sent me a "Presale Offer - A Drag Queen Christmas" a sign that ticketmaster has been hacked?

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
You’re always bitching about TM! Don’t pretend you don’t!

Anyway your post started with “don’t want to be a buzzkill” and then you proceeded to be just that.

Let the STH have his day in the sun FFS! He’s happier than a pig in shit. Be happy for the guy like I’m happy for your carrots!

And yes I will defend STH here because we’ve been shit on constantly by forum members here for years. Now we -finally- get our reward with Cup tickets guaranteed at much much lower prices than what’s out there - and no fees!

All good my friend. You and I really need to go for a beer one of these days lol.
It's the STHers that keep the team in town. Congrats to them.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
So how are most STH unloading their tickets?

-Ticketmaster, Stubhub etc? which is the best?
-obviously word of mouth
-Are sellers allowed to list tickets here....in this thread lol?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So how are most STH unloading their tickets?

-Ticketmaster, Stubhub etc? which is the best?
-obviously word of mouth
-Are sellers allowed to list tickets here....in this thread lol?

I don’t think too many are. I think the HF rules allow you to sell tickets for face value only. No markup. If so I will take two please.

Reactions: jeffff

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Willing to sell game 4 tickets at cost, $1,037 per seat. Section 105 row 12 seat 9 and 10. I am a season seat holder and can meet up in person.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Wish more people used fans first now that I’ve see it. Some tickets on ticketmaster I would be willing to buy if not for the $150 in fees tacked on. Absolutely gross.

Reactions: timekeep

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

I don't buy tickets.
I haven’t paid for a ticket since 2013. I generally get to 2/4 games a year from people bringing me for free.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I've been blessed to see them win the SC five times, and besides family events and milestones, those were among the best moments of my life. It really is something you can't describe, and something that stays with you in a positive way the rest of your life. I really hope that you guys get to experience that, hopefully (fingers crossed) this year, or very soon if the cards aren't in our favor this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad