Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
As opposed to pulling him giving the message that we still think you are fragile even in a game where they are kicking the crap out of the other team and sending a message of confidence.

Or, you’re valuable enough that we don’t need you for mop up duty on one of the hottest nights of the year.

I can see both sides, TBH.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
As opposed to pulling him giving the message that we still think you are fragile even in a game where they are kicking the crap out of the other team and sending a message of confidence.
A lot of pitches through 5 in pretty hot weather is all the reason needed. Is he fragile though....yeah he probably is but I think you can build him up in different ways. I do see your reasoning I just think tonight would have been a good night to pull him based on the reasons I mentioned. Let Anderson mop up. Plus a message of confidence would be staying with him in a close game....not a blowout.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Didn't need it to be that difficult but a win is a win. Kids eat good. We climb the standings.

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bello is maddening but he can start by learning to stay in the moment

He showed he’s easily rattled just by guy stepping out

Trying to justify the contract is probably on his mind

But with his stuff and better focus/ chill he’s 15-10 3.50 era
Easy

Sox BUll pen has pitched 9th most innings in baseball

Need to get Nasty Nate here and flip Wintkowski to pen

Incredible they didn’t keep Wacha & Eovoldi

They’d be 60-30 right now

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’d love to see this team go hard after Chisholm and Mason Miller. We have the prospects to try to get them, they’re both still young and fill two big needs on the roster, 2nd base and relief. As long as we don’t have to move Teel, Anthony, or Mayer.

Reactions: sarge88

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I’d love to see this team go hard after Chisholm and Mason Miller. We have the prospects to try to get them, they’re both still young and fill two big needs on the roster, 2nd base and relief. As long as we don’t have to move Teel, Anthony, or Mayer.
Legitimately when is the last time he played 2B? I ask because he's listed as a CF on both ESPN and MLB.com

And isn't Vaughn Grissom supposed to be our 2B going forward (once healthy)?

Reactions: SPV

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I'd love Miller but they'd want a kings ransom.

They'd want 1 or more of those 3 and I'm not doing that.

Reactions: SPV

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Youve got to buy in on this team if they can keep going after the all-star break. Devers is on his way to his best year, have a ROY candidate and a legitimate lead-off hitter. We have a Cy Young candidate and an okay bull-pen. Im game for either a slugging DH or 2B and a SP/RP.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Portland wins 7-3 in Hartford; Worcester falls 5-1 to Rochester; is playing now on NESN W/ Brad Miller starting.... we'll see if the weather holds out.... JD Encarnacion pitching tonight in Hartford;

Sox will start Nick Pivetta if the weather holds vs. Athletics

Last edited:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It's time to bring Yorke up and let him run with the 2b job .
He would provide the steady defense we need, anything he gives us with the bat is a bonus.
Defence and pitching wins you a title.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's time to bring Yorke up and let him run with the 2b job .
He would provide the steady defense we need, anything he gives us with the bat is a bonus.
Defence and pitching wins you a title.
He’s not exactly known for his defense, like Hamilton is probably a better glove at 2B (as is Romy)

I think he should see some more AAA pitching but I’m not opposed to a call up this time next month if he’s still hitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad