Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
It’s not, I stand by it

If ppl dislike Casas I assume they hate golden retrievers as well
Don't know what the issue with Casas is but how can you hate a Golden? Like hating a Husky puppy.

Reactions: CDJ

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Me too, apparently I have gaps in my favorites but here they are

Valentin
Nomar
Nixon
Pedrioa
Schwarber
Casas
Solid list!

Pedro
Bill Lee
Pedroia
Eckersley

I’m definitely forgetting at least one or two.

Re. Schwarber - Loved Kyle from Waltham for the short time he was here and saw his ALCS bomb live against the Astros from RF, but it was too brief to put him on my list. Otherwise, I’m also adding Cabrera and other guys that came in for a pennant run left and right.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Solid list!

Pedro
Bill Lee
Pedroia
Eckersley

I’m definitely forgetting at least one or two.

Re. Schwarber - Loved Kyle from Waltham for the short time he was here and saw his ALCS bomb live against the Astros from RF, but it was too brief to put him on my list. Otherwise, I’m also adding Cabrera and other guys that came in for a pennant run left and right.
Nomar
Pedro
Pedroia
Beltre (was my fav hitter in baseball when he played, total lunatic)
Peavy (was my fav pitcher in baseball when he played, total lunatic)
Casas

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Nomar
Pedro
Pedroia
Beltre (was my fav hitter in baseball when he played, total lunatic)
Peavy (was my fav pitcher in baseball when he played, total lunatic)
Casas
Peavy is an absolutely great call. Super, super nice guy, too.

He bought the duck boat so he could get all of family on it for the parade. The Sox limited him to four seats, so he just said “eff it, I’m calling the company and just buying one,” which he then filled with everyone he personally wanted to share the day with him. It’s in in his backyard as part of a Wiffleball park, now.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Certain players will still find a way to cry about this once it's implemented

(Nick Pivetta)

But seriously it's gonna be pitchers complaining they're getting squeezed. I never care about an umpire who calls a strike on a ball that is like a fingernail outside the zone. In general I like umps who call strikes. A slightly bigger zone is fine with me. We want to watch hitters swing the bat not see how great their eyesight is.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
How do you show up loaded for the biggest performance of your career? Doesn't she have a road agent or manager or someone to be like "hey, don't drink that, you're on national TV in a half hour"?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1. What was your initial reaction to the A&M coach leaving for TU?

2. Do you attend football games in College Station?

3. The Aggie band is awesome.

1. You live by the sword, and you die by the sword. We poached him from TCU so I think its hypocritical to complain when your coached gets poached by another school. That said, when he was asked about the rumor the night before the Game 3 CWS final, he flat out lied and castigated the guy in the press who asked the question. I thought that was a bullshit thing to do.

2. I live in Chicago and haven't been to an A&M football game in 20 years. I also will not donate to any of our athletic programs, as I'm appalled by the amount of money they waste on hiring, extending and firing their football coaches (Jimbo Fisher) and the amount of NIL money they throw at recruits. I think college athletics in general, is a complete mess. That said, I love my school and I LOVE the Mike Elko hiring.

3. Yeah, they basically have been doing the same routine for 45+ years, but they do it well. Thanks for posting that video. I'm glad they finally started to mix things up a little! I was getting a little tired of listening to the Aggie War Hymn, the Strategic Air Command March and the theme from Patton.....My favorite is watching the Tuba guys, whip those things around when they change facing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Terrier

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
A lot of people think that this is total BS and that's she's just trying to play the sympathy card. :dunno:
I'm definitely skeptical. I won't go out of my way to post on her instagram but I think skepticism is fair. With that said, it was so bad I am ultimately inclined to believe her.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
A lot of people think that this is total BS and that's she's just trying to play the sympathy card. :dunno:
Quite possible. Who knows? All I'll say is that I never f***ing heard of her before last night, and I'm sure I'll quickly forget about her in around 48hrs. I hope she gets her shit together...

I'll be on pins and needles waiting for her rehab tweets. I hope she has a super fun time....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have a solution to this though. I love America but I have never understood the need to play the national anthem at a sporting event. I at least get it during international soccer tournaments where countries are playing each other. Not in MLB when there are a ton of foreign players involved. Same with NHL. Just seems unnecessary to me. Do they play the national anthem before broadway shows? Before concerts?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'll never forget the time at the ASG that dude hijacked the Canadian national anthem to start singing about all lives mattering. Then the time Fergie butchered the anthem at the NBA ASG.

This one was up there.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
How do you show up loaded for the biggest performance of your career? Doesn't she have a road agent or manager or someone to be like "hey, don't drink that, you're on national TV in a half hour"?
that's pretty much how addictions work

pretty sad that people are that cynical about others.

Reactions: lopey

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Spaceman Lee?
Bill Lee is one of my all-time favorite baseball personas. I still wear #37 to this day, in my senior baseball league. I'm a lefty pitcher and I live and die with my 2-seamer and my curveball, just like him......This clip is one of my absolute favorites, from Ken Burns' Baseball documentary. Its perfect.

For the record...... I don't have a good 4 seam fastball anymore, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad