Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Gotta be an absolutely miserable human to complain about Casas. Some people in here definitely fit the description and that’s why they don’t exist to me!
Nope, this ain't it bro. Not everyone has to love Tristan Casas because he's a quirky narcissist.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm pretty sure his visualization techniques have nothing to do with why he's not on the field.
Sorry, putting more into his future career in the media is getting in the way. He's really doing everything possible to get back on the field. I just can't wait to hear him talk again.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It’s not, I stand by it

Also apparently somebody called him a hipster? Talk about being out of touch and not knowing what they’re talking about. I bet he calls everything he doesn’t like “woke” too
Now you're triggered by Casas being called a hipster? Seriously? I think the miserable people are ones who shit their pants over some people not enjoying Tristan Casas. I am enjoying Duran and Raffaela so far this year though.

Stop being a coward and actually respond to the people you are referencing.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Sorry, putting more into his future career in the media is getting in the way. He's really doing everything possible to get back on the field.
Getting in the way of what?

If you're telling me that Casas went to the All-Star Game without the approval of the team and the training staff, and that he's blowing off rehab to do it, then I'd be upset.

I don't know if that's the case, though.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Getting in the way of what?

If you're telling me that Casas went to the All-Star Game without the approval of the team and the training staff, and that he's blowing off rehab to do it, then I'd be upset.

I don't know if that's the case, though.
How about just further rest/rehab? It's not the end of the world but just a personal preference of mine. For someone who has now been out as long as he has I prefer out of sight out of mind. Again, that's just me. Obviously others enjoy his bizarre quirkiness and constant desire to be in front of a microphone. Rafael Devers turned down the trip didn't he?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Considering you don't really know the people you are addressing, why do they need to be miserable humans?

Believe me, Casas certainly rubs some people the wrong way.
Thank you. I am not sure how it's even a controversy that some people might not enjoy the Casas experience. Certainly doesn't seem to bother Tristan Casas. He's probably dealt with it for years. Probably doesn't even register with him which is actually a good thing. It'd be a problem if he was sensitive like a David Price.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
How about just further rest/rehab? It's not the end of the world but just a personal preference of mine. For someone who has now been out as long as he has I prefer out of sight out of mind. Again, that's just me. Obviously others enjoy his bizarre quirkiness and constant desire to be in front of a microphone. Rafael Devers turned down the trip didn't he?
Again, I'm going to suggest that both Casas' attendance at the ASG and Devers' withdrawal were both done in consultation with the team and the training staff.

If they don't have an issue with it, I'm not sure why anyone outside the organization would.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Again, I'm going to suggest that both Casas' attendance at the ASG and Devers' withdrawal were both done in consultation with the team and the training staff.

If they don't have an issue with it, I'm not sure why anyone outside the organization would.
I don't really care if he got a permission slip from the team. That doesn't have to influence the way I think about Casas. Not liking the Casas experience does not make someone a miserable person either. I just fail to see how there is any controversy over the fact Casas isn't for everyone.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I’m watching the Miller Lite ad with Papi and Posada in this thread, and I think I’m either Luke Wilson or the bartender. Maybe he’s both lovably goofy and annoying AF?

Had he said “I’m not allowed to swing a bat yet, so I spend a lot of time analyzing different situations with different pitchers and visualizing what I would do in those situations,” he’d completely thread that needle. He’d also be offering more than the standard fare.

But that’s not his personality, is it?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I’m an A&M grad and a baseball nut. I watched this kid a lot this season. Great kid. Watched him live back in March at my brother’s ballpark. They played Arizona St twice and USC. Won all 3. In the first game against Az St he hit a 3 run homer and then got drilled between the shoulder blades in his next 2 at bats. Came back in the next game against Az St and hit a Grand Slam in his next AB.

The kid competes and if we had him available during the CWS, we probably beat Tennessee.

1. What was your initial reaction to the A&M coach leaving for TU?

2. Do you attend football games in College Station?

3. The Aggie band is awesome.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a big Casas guy - fav player

Definitely way to long an answer but he cracks me up

MLB asked him to be there

Impactful player gotta get healthy

I talk to much, learned all that from yoga & dealing with traumatic illness/injury programs suggested

I’m not offended by much unless it’s hating cats or Fabien Lysell- and maple walnut ice cream of course

Reactions: Ritmo

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I’m a big Casas guy - fav player

Definitely way to long an answer but he cracks me up

MLB asked him to be there

Impactful player gotta get healthy

I talk to much, learned all that from yoga & dealing with traumatic illness/injury programs suggested

I’m not offended by much unless it’s hating cats or Fabien Lysell- and maple walnut ice cream of course
Me too, apparently I have gaps in my favorites but here they are

Valentin
Nomar
Nixon
Pedrioa
Schwarber
Casas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad