2024 Prospect Poll #5

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Viktor Neuchev, F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Kleber, D

• Brody Ziemer, F

• Prokhor Poltapov, F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Devon Levi, G (84/146 votes, 57.5%) (--). Runner up: Jiri Kulich.
  2. Jiri Kulich, F (89/136 votes, 65.4%) (+1). Runner up: Konsta Helenius.
  3. Konsta Helenius, F (76/118, 64.4%) (NR). Runner up: Noah Ostlund.
  4. Noah Ostlund, F (79/120 votes, 69.8%) (+1). Runner up: Anton Wahlberg.

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2024-25 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2024);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Olivier Nadeau, Alexander Kisakov, Ethan Miedema, Tyler Tulio, Tyson Kozak, Lukas Rousek, Viljami Marjala, Jake Richard, Matteo Costantini, Aaron Huglen, William von Barnekow, Gustav Karlsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Linus Sjodin, Vasili Zelenov, Joel Berndtsson
  • Defensemen: Gavin McCarthy, Simon-Pier Brunet, Luke Osburn, Patrick Geary, Shane Keohane, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen, Ryerson Leenders

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Rosen by a hair over RyJo. Johnson has the higher floor, but I still think Rosen has the higher ceiling.

The add here is tough. Add McCarthy. IMO, there's a bit of a dropoff here going from Poltapov to McCarthy.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Rosen still good ceiling and is getting closer to make the jump honestly all of Rosen, Johnson are interchangeable to me

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Johnson, add Ratzlaff.

Johnson is a lefty version of Pysyk, who I think has complimentary top 4 potential in a year or two.

Last edited:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Really close Johnson over Wahlberg for me. Johnson is virtually certain NHL caliber. What level player is up in the air.

Wahlberg is probably an NHL center, if I felt he was a 3C lock i'd have him over Johnson.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Johnson. Ask me tomorrow and I might say Rosen. These guys are so close, I don't know how you separate them.

Add Rousek.

Reactions: Chainshot

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wahlberg or Johnson. Tough one.

Going Johnson because he is such a safe bet.

Add Ratzlaff

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Johnson gets the edge because he is closer, more of a sure thing. I don't think he's going to be a big point producer, but I do think he has high upside because he could end up a solid, mobile top 4d. Just needs to get comfortable playing at this level and build experience.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad