2024 Prospect Poll #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Viktor Neuchev, F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Kleber, D

• Brody Ziemer, F

• Prokhor Poltapov, F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Interesting that we already have this years first, second, and third round picks on the list.

I went with Johnson. Add Topias Leinonen.

Reactions: Jacob582

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Rosen, my last favorite forward prospect but he's above Johnson and Whalberg for me in terms of near NHL ready and what he's done in his semi pro career.

I just don't think Rosen carves out an NHL career but even with that said, he's producing and playing a more pro game then Johnson or Whalberg.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
For me
Rosen - great talent. Will be difficult to carve out an NHL career as a top 6 player

Johnson - could be an nhler now but he'll probably never be more than a 3rd pairing guy with lack of offense. He has the tools for offensive killer instinct but too safe.

Wahlberg - future power forward in the NHL. I don't see him as an every day center but can be polished into an impact player.

Wahlberg
Johnson
Rosen

But y'all still sleeping on Novikov. Big camp incoming. RyJo, not the skater but more offense and an NHL defenseman body. Hungry, high character player.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If Novikov is Buffalo's 4th best prospect that could be REALLY good, but in all likelihood it's really bad

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Tiebreaker should be put all three on the ice, lock the doors, and see which guy makes it out in one piece.

I know who my money would be on lol.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I've seen a number of "he's not what we have in the system" comments, so I personally think he's being a touch overrated due to this.

I personally have him behind Rosen and RJ, but it's close.
When I watched his time in Rochester, I saw a guy who thinks the game well, works the boards and net front, and has the body to hold the puck in transition.

I have him #2 in the pool, but I’m super high on his potential career

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I've seen a number of "he's not what we have in the system" comments, so I personally think he's being a touch overrated due to this.

I personally have him behind Rosen and RJ, but it's close.
We "don't have a lot of him in the system" because there aren't many big/mean/fast/offense guys to go around in the league. To me that's an indication of value, not overvalue. It's the same reason we keep getting put in position to draft small skill. They're hard to draft and harder to trade for.

To me Wahlberg has the same floor as RyJo (6D/B6W), he's just four(!) full years younger than him. That plus his physical and skating projection equal a ceiling that RyJo isn't sniffing imo. They're not close on my list.

Rosen is close behind Wahlberg for me. Both likely end up as M6W, but the power forward prototype tips it for AW. Rosen is interesting as ever though with the skating and smarts to go with the skill and AHL production. He's close to the NHL now with more potential to go. He might need a change of scenery eventually and I could see him thriving in a successful org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad