Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Daniels could be good yes, but just have a feeling he could be another Justin Fields at best, which is ok, but at #3 Overall I want better than that, I see Maye as being a Josh Allen type.
How does Maye’s running ability stack up? I thought I read somewhere he’s a pocket QB & doesn’t run much

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This.

They held the Chefs to 19 points in regulation. The lauded offensive genius couldn’t find a 20th f***ing point in 60 minutes of gameplay…? So he fires the defensive coordinator? Weak. Give me a break with that shit.

And a guy like that is the coach the Patriots need? Own your own shortcomings, Shanahan.
Well, I would absolutely take a coach who can consistently get you to the conference title game/SB. There aren't many. I suppose this firing could have been building for weeks but it definitely comes across like Shanahan is blaming him for the loss.

Niners also lost Greenlaw during the game. Maybe they win if that doesn't happen.

One of these days I'd like to see a report like "team x has fired the head nerd in the analytics department"

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

Silly me, I thought the Niners defense was pretty good in the SB! This guy has gotten a raw deal in Arizona and now SF.
I don't think he got a raw deal. The Chiefs were eating his defensive alive in those last two drives, getting 4-5 yards as soon as the ball was snapped and he made 0 adjustments. Shanahan had to even call a timeout in overtime to ask wtf he was doing.

His write ups are actually shockingly like Allen, he’s just smaller

That's who i compared him to a few weeks ago. Herbert is the most common comparison i have seen but my first reaction to Maye was a more polished version of Josh Allen in college. Josh Allen has a 1% arm strength that Maye doesn't have but they are both big qbs with strong arms that can make plays with their legs and are tough, willing to make throws knowing they are going to get hit.

Josh Allen also developed into basically the highest potential version of himself so as nice as a more polished version of Josh Allen sounds, there's still accuracy, footwork and decision making issues Maye needs to work on and how many guys truly max out their raw potential like Josh Allen did?

Reactions: rfournier103

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't think he got a raw deal. The Chiefs were eating his defensive alive in those last two drives, getting 4-5 yards as soon as the ball was snapped and he made 0 adjustments. Shanahan had to even call a timeout in overtime to ask wtf he was doing.

That's who i compared him to a few weeks ago. Herbert is the most common comparison i have seen but my first reaction to Maye was a more polished version of Josh Allen in college. Josh Allen has a 1% arm strength that Maye doesn't have but they are both big qbs with strong arms that can make plays with their legs and are tough, willing to make throws knowing they are going to get hit.

Josh Allen also developed into basically the highest potential version of himself so as nice as a more polished version of Josh Allen sounds, there's still accuracy, footwork and decision making issues Maye needs to work on and how many guys truly max out their raw potential like Josh Allen did?

All I needed to read was that he has the ability to make ridiculous throws and run powerfully in the open field but is prone to making absolutely ridiculously boneheaded decisions

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lack of adjustments on the last two drives compared to an entire football game? That is picking nits. Maybe they were all out of adjustments. Maybe Wilkes should have called a timeout to ask Shanahan why he didn't run the ball more considering his OL couldn't pass protect.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Lack of adjustments on the last two drives compared to an entire football game? That is picking nits. Maybe they were all out of adjustments. Maybe Wilkes should have called a timeout to ask Shanahan why he didn't run the ball more considering his OL couldn't pass protect.

This might be about more than just the Super Bowl (where the 49ers defense was awesome until OT). San Francisco was completely average on defense over the second half of the season. Played well below their capabilities.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This might be about more than just the Super Bowl (where the 49ers defense was awesome until OT). San Francisco was completely average on defense over the second half of the season. Played well below their capabilities.
I alluded to that, that this was probably building for weeks. It just has the appearance of Shanahan finding his scapegoat. In the end I don't think the DC is what's holding the Niners back.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If they’re going to fire the DC, they should fire the strength and conditioning coach as well. That team was gassed.

I’ve heard the Herbert comparisons before, but Josh Allen? That would be quite a coup.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
How does Maye’s running ability stack up? I thought I read somewhere he’s a pocket QB & doesn’t run much
I think he can run pretty well from what I have seen from him, either way I think he is the best QB in this draft, Williams is very talented, but seems to be entitled and not a team first player.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I'm honestly surprised people with the Patriots chose to do that little bit coming out this week. In my opinion its making them all individually look bad. Its sad how things like this happen with great sports dynasties. Sometime in the future, we're gonna see someone get boo'd at a tribute like Krause's wife did. Its unfortunate that finger pointing has to go on.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm honestly surprised people with the Patriots chose to do that little bit coming out this week. In my opinion its making them all individually look bad. Its sad how things like this happen with great sports dynasties. Sometime in the future, we're gonna see someone get boo'd at a tribute like Krause's wife did. Its unfortunate that finger pointing has to go on.
Are you talking about the show on Apple+? Are Brady, Kraft and Belichick all in it? If so I have a hard time believing any of those three would agree to do this if it ultimately ends up in one of them looking extremely bad. I doubt it piles on any of them. We shall see. Maybe it's revealed that it was Matt Patricia who benched Malcolm Butler and that that started the spiral. Everyone unites in their hatred of Matty P and the final clip in the show is a group hug between the three alphas.

Reactions: FrankerC

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Are you talking about the show on Apple+? Are Brady, Kraft and Belichick all in it? If so I have a hard time believing any of those three would agree to do this if it ultimately ends up in one of them looking extremely bad. I doubt it piles on any of them. We shall see. Maybe it's revealed that it was Matt Patricia who benched Malcolm Butler and that that started the spiral. Everyone unites in their hatred of Matty P and the final clip in the show is a group hug between the three alphas.

Word is Belichick doesn't say much, but Brady and Kraft do.

Shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad