Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If Dan Campbell is the coach of the Chiefs, there’s a good chance they don’t win this game. He probably goes for it on 4th and 1/2 at the end of the first half, and he also probably goes for it in the 3rd, instead of kicking the FG to make it 10-6.

Then again, maybe they win in regulation…..It’s a perfect example of analytics vs in-game management.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What did Mahomes do to earn that MVP
I don't know who else it would be. Hardman? The punter? They usually default to the QB in all contested cases.

If Dan Campbell is the coach of the Chiefs, there’s a good chance they don’t win this game. He probably goes for it on 4th and 1/2 at the end of the first half, and he also probably goes for it in the 3rd, instead of kicking the FG to make it 10-6.

Then again, maybe they win in regulation…..It’s a perfect example of analytics vs in-game management.
I really wish the lions made it. I would've been way more invested. Kyle Shanahan should've learned from Campbell and gone for it on 4th and goal. Just go for the win there, worst case is a turnover on downs at the 10. Either way you're probably not stopping Mahomes, so don't even let the ball get in his hands and if you have to lose, go down swinging.

It's ironic, Detroit lost the NFCCG being too aggressive, SF lost the Superbowl being too cowardly conservative. Football is a fickle mistress.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Just a little over 2 months til we find out if Belichick still has a grasp on the minds of coaches and personel of the Patriots and drafting. Though, more importantly, the summer breakup story begins. A new era has unfolded. This Taylor Swift story has just begun. Can't wait to hear the song about it.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
333 passing yds
66 rushing yds to lead team
2 passing tds

Against one of if not the best defenses in the league.

Is that not MVP worthy?
He was MVP - fantastic game

The guy is one of the few who ever scared me as a Patriots fan

Vintage Peyton Manning
Patrick Mahomes

That’s about it

Brady's 4th quarter against Seattle is the greatest quarter of football a quarterback has ever had.
Agree - this game was Ali vs Frazier

Two all time teams going head to head

Best quarter I’ve ever seen against an elite defense

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mahomes is the perfect athlete for football. He can read defenses and throw like an all-pro pocket passer and he can run on scrambles and designed plays like a top tier running QB. It's incredibly difficult to defend him. He doesn't have a weak point to focus on to contain him like run-first QBs like Lamar or pocket QBs like Stafford.

Brady is overall the greatest at his craft, but the only QB who has ever come close to Mahomes' all-around skill set was Steve Young (and Young didn't even get a real chance in the league until he was 31 when his best running days were behind him).

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He had 333 yards passing and 66 rushing yards, only QB in history to have 325+ yards passing and 60 yards + rushing in the SB
Not a bad day at the office
Meh. He’s hands down the best QB in the league but he wasn’t great in the game. I saw it more as Niners D breaking down in the 4th. I guess someone has to take home MVP

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I’ll never forgive them for losing the 2011 NFC Championship game to the Giants.
Both times the Giants made the Superbowl it was because their NFCCG opponent did something stupid.

Patriots would've absolutely murdered Green Bay in 07, it would've been the perfect cap off to the perfect season. Revenge against the Pack for 97, and going through the best the NFC had to offer that year. But dipshit Favre decides to throw a bunch of unforced interceptions in the 4th and OT to let the Giants get in as the worst possible matchup. 4 years later SF fumbles a punt in OT which puts the Giants in it again. That would've been a tough matchup too but I think Bill could've shut down Alex Smith without too much of an issue.

Reactions: DKH and CDJ

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I could live with that, but the more I think about it, the more I like Jayden Daniels.

I looked up Coleman. I’ve never seen him play, but the numbers look good.

Coleman was driving the Florida State offense as much as Travis was last year.

Big and fast guy (6'4 215) who excels at making plays in traffic, but has some issues with consistency. He's not a cant miss guy, but definitely someone to spend a 2nd on.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad