Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have pretty much no interest in the NFL these days, but I'd like to see San Francisco win because one of their players is from my town.

Let's hear it for small town America making it to the Super Bowl lol
me neither, used to be that guy who woke up, cracked their first beer from the moment the pre-game stuff was coming on and not stop until the final whistle of the last game Sunday blew

Now though? I`ll check in from time to time on the game, my team has always been the Steelers followed by the 49`ers only as I was big fan of Montana/Rice/Lott but if you asked me today to name a half dozen players from either team, betcha I couldn`t do it

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hard to predict where McCarthy will go, until the combine and his Pro Day.

My gut tells me that he's a safe pick, but doesn't have the upside some of the other guys in the draft have. He's comfortable lining up under center, but he played in a Michigan offense that was very run oriented, and didn't really have to carry that team much. That doesn't mean he can't, he just hasn't shown it yet.

I think he can be a competent NFL starting QB in the right situation. Not sure if he's ever gonna be elite.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I'd rather pick MHJ. And draft McCarthy later. Let him set behind a vet for a few years a develop. Sign a vet and remake our offense that way
Either Daniels; Harrison or Maye should go to the Patriots at number three. If they take anyone else with that pick, I’m going to lose my shit.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
All right. I got my Super Bowl bets in. Time to take it to the MAN.

1. Chiefs ML (+110)

2. Free SG Parlay: Valdes-Scantling OVER +18.5 rec yds; Aiyuk UNDER 60.5 rec yds, Point total UNDER 49.5 (+408)

3. 1st Half Parlay: Chiefs +1.5; Point Total UNDER 23.5 (+223)

4. Parlay George Kittle OVER 3.5 recs; OVER 49.5 rec yds (-102)

5. OVER 4.5 Sacks: (+128)

6. Nick Bosa to record a sack (+106)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
me neither, used to be that guy who woke up, cracked their first beer from the moment the pre-game stuff was coming on and not stop until the final whistle of the last game Sunday blew

Now though? I`ll check in from time to time on the game, my team has always been the Steelers followed by the 49`ers only as I was big fan of Montana/Rice/Lott but if you asked me today to name a half dozen players from either team, betcha I couldn`t do it
Now those are names I recognize!

I was a Redskins fan in the 80s. Theismann, the Hogs, the Fun Bunch, Art Monk.... rivalry with the Cowboys, Gibbs vs Landry

Honestly if I could name a dozen players in the league right now I'd be surprised lol

Reactions: ODAAT and Terrier

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A lot of this obviously depends on what the Patriots are able to accomplish in free agency, but I can't imagine drafting a WR at #3 if you still don't have a QB and still don't have a left tackle.
You don't miss on a high end WR talent. If the opportunity is there. You draft Harrison. Fill out the roster. Draft a QB later. Sign a vet. If you don't like the rook you drafted, next year.

This isn't going to be a quick fix. It's going to take time.

Reactions: rfournier103

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
For me it's Harrison or Maye and I won't accept anything else.
Exactly how I feel, if Maye is there at #3 you take him and draft a WR like maybe Coleman, Thomas Jr or Legault on the 2nd round, if Maye is already taken, the draft MHJ and a QB in round 2 , while adding a vet QB as a FA.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
For me it's Harrison or Maye and I won't accept anything else.
It would be inconceivable to me for them to pass Marvin Harrison Jr for the 3rd rated QB in the draft. If I am Chicago, I take MHJ.

A lot of this obviously depends on what the Patriots are able to accomplish in free agency, but I can't imagine drafting a WR at #3 if you still don't have a QB and still don't have a left tackle.
He's the best WR to come out since who Fitzgerald? Take MHJ and don't think twice. Get your QB next year. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
At this point, I'd be stunned if they stayed at #3 and picked any other position than QB. If they're not taking a QB, someone will give them an offer they can't refuse to move up.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
It would be dumb once you remove the attraction of potentially having that stud wr1. I get it, i would like Harrison too but this team has holes at qb, wr, te and potentially both tackle positions but left tackle for sure.

Harrison is a great wr prospect but lets say he's going to be A.J. Green in the nfl. Green was a really good wr in the league his first 7 seasons but what would taking the next A.J. Green at #3 do for the Patriots? Give you a bugatti in a trailer park. It's either qb or trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad