Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

I know it's not based on position but Rodney Harrison certainly feels like more of a Hall of Famer than Patrick Willis or even Andre Johnson

It's tough to compare across positions though.

Don't get me wrong, Patrick Willis was an absolutely phenomenal player, but man 7.5 seasons and he gets in his first year as a finalist...just feels wrong to me. Same for Devin Hester. Guy was great as a KR/PR, but come on now.

And how Antonio Gates wasn't a first ballot guy either is beyond me.

955 receptions, 11k yards, and 116 TDs as a TE should of been a lock.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The NFL HOF is the most confusing of all four major sports, because on one hand it feels like just about everybody gets in but on the other there are some odd exclusions and weird first ballot entrants.

Reactions: GabeTravels and CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Don't get me wrong, Patrick Willis was an absolutely phenomenal player, but man 7.5 seasons and he gets in his first year as a finalist...just feels wrong to me. Same for Devin Hester. Guy was great as a KR/PR, but come on now.

And how Antonio Gates wasn't a first ballot guy either is beyond me.

955 receptions, 11k yards, and 116 TDs as a TE should of been a lock.

Antonio Gates and Rodney Harrison should be in over Devin Hester. Hester was an average gadget player that had one good season. That's not up for dispute and it's atrocious that Canton has snubbed two excellent players once again from the Hall. Andre Johnson and Patrick Willis I will say are worthy of being in the Hall of Fame despite being stuck on teams that didn't really acheive much when they were there.

Johnson was a star wide out on terrible Texans teams that was a true difference maker in Houston being even remotely competitive when they first started out. Seven seasons of over 1000 yards and four straight seasons of at least 8 or more TDS with the Texans when they had no QB better than Matt Schaub. MATT. SCHAUB. Johnson's best QB while in Houston was a game manager. If that's not making the most out of a terrible situation, then I don't know what is. Had he played with someone like Brady or Manning, the conversation of him being an impact player wouldn't be up for dispute.

As for Patrick Willis, snagging five first team all pro selections on defense for roughly an eight year career is no mean feat. He was one of the most impressive middle linebackers to come out of the draft since Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher and he hit people hard. Led the league in tackles twice in his first three seasons and was a critical piece of San Francisco's front seven when stopping the run and affecting the quarterback. I think if Willis didn't have to retire because of his foot injury, his stats would've looked more impressive and it would be easier to justify his Hall of Fame selection. I'm not going to say he should be passed over due to factors out of his control.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
You do know that article was written 9 years ago, right?

My math might be off, but I think that was after the Hernandez fiasco and before the signing of Antonio Brown, right?

Why do you sound like a Jets fan? The patriots had Aaron Hernandez at one point so now they’re a franchise known for employing players with legal issues?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Why do you sound like a Jets fan? The patriots had Aaron Hernandez at one point so now they’re a franchise known for employing players with legal issues?
Have we not had our share of guys who have run into some legal problems? I don't view this as a big deal really as I am sure a lot of NFL teams run into the same problems. Well, minus the double murderder player.

• Haha
Reactions: RoccoF14

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Apparently as a coach not control of organization
I don’t see him getting a GM/ coach gig. At least not from a team that can contend immediately. Maybe a gutter team would hand him the keys to the organization, but that wouldn’t make sense to Bill considering his age.

I still think after next season he’s with the Cowboys or Eagles.

Reactions: DKH

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Have we not had our share of guys who have run into some legal problems? I don't view this as a big deal really as I am sure a lot of NFL teams run into the same problems. Well, minus the double murderer player.
oh man! I had to wipe the coffee off my laptop screen after reading that.....

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bertrand upset a women who’s a lawyer and does contracts sat in during negotiations with Van Pelt

If you did an autopsy on him you would find his brain is actually a super three way from North Shore Beef

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Bertrand upset a women who’s a lawyer and does contracts sat in during negotiations with Van Pelt

If you did an autopsy on him you would find his brain is actually a super three way from North Shore Beef
Nah, that stooge is from Quincy, don’t associate him with the North Shore and the roast beef sandwich that is perfection. Speaking of which, I went with my kids to Supreme in downtown Danvers last night and the super 3 way was tremendous (and huge) Nick’s in North Beverly still sits in the #1 spot for me though

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Nah, that stooge is from Quincy, don’t associate him with the North Shore and the roast beef sandwich that is perfection. Speaking of which, I went with my kids to Supreme in downtown Danvers last night and the super 3 way was tremendous (and huge) Nick’s in North Beverly still sits in the #1 spot for me though
Bang on

I’m from Danvers I would be scared to find out how much I spent at Supremes as a kid

I still go there but probably hit Nicks 80 % of the time now

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If you asked players from Rodney’s era which safety you really didn’t want to play against he’d be the answer 80% of the time

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Nick's is GOATed. I went to Gordon in Wenham and we went a couple times a week.

Whenever I fly back into Boston to drive up to Maine I make sure to stop for a 3-Way.

Reactions: shoulders7 and DKH

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Beetle is the absolute worst Boston sports opinionist* (new word) imo. He comes across as smug and a Felger knockoff. Not that I’m fond of much of their staff. Jim Murray I’m a fan of.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Loved the player, is he coaching material? One just needs to look at the Edmonton Oilers as an example of what happens when you fill your staff with former franchise players

He's got everything you'd want in someone that can make the transition.

Played for Saban, played for Belichick, big game player that won at every level, defensive captain, wore the green dot and was the defensive QB.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s got leadership ability and he knows how to play LB in the pats defense more than anybody

Love seeing him back in town.

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Billy O gonna be BC’s coach, Chip Kelly becoming Ohio State OC (leaving the UCLA HC position for it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad