Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Then how about they actually spend?
FWIW... this is the full quote:

“I know there’s a perception that we have held back on spending,” Kraft said. “Let me just say to our fans — that’s just not true. Look, we were blessed to have a coach in our system who was a great coach and also understood value. He ran a tight ship. They say we’ve been low spenders in the last 10 years, and that might be true, but we had a pretty good record. We won three Super Bowls.

“But we never held back with any of the coaches we’ve had over the last 30 years. They’ve been able to get whatever they want. If cash spending became an issue for our family, and we couldn’t do it, then I would sell the team. … I can assure our fans that spending will never be held back or the reason that we don’t sign players.”

To me, it sounds like he's suggesting the low cash spending was a by-product of Belichick's cap management philosophy. And maybe you can criticize that philosophy, but it was awfully successful for a really long time.

Reactions: rfournier103

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

“I know there’s a perception that we have held back on spending,” Kraft said. “Let me just say to our fans — that’s just not true. Look, we were blessed to have a coach in our system who was a great coach and also understood value. He ran a tight ship. They say we’ve been low spenders in the last 10 years, and that might be true, but we had a pretty good record. We won three Super Bowls.

“But we never held back with any of the coaches we’ve had over the last 30 years. They’ve been able to get whatever they want. If cash spending became an issue for our family, and we couldn’t do it, then I would sell the team. … I can assure our fans that spending will never be held back or the reason that we don’t sign players.”

To me, it sounds like he's suggesting the low cash spending was a by-product of Belichick's cap management philosophy. And maybe you can criticize that philosophy, but it was awfully successful for a really long time.
Avoid albatrosses that way. Only time I can think of where we really got f***ed was the dead money on Brady’s deal when he left

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I really didn’t imagine this was necessary but

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

That's fine but you can't say this and then not spend now. He can't hide behind Bill anymore. It already looks like they went cheap on coaching staff so let's see about free agency.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Avoid albatrosses that way. Only time I can think of where we really got f***ed was the dead money on Brady’s deal when he left
I don't care about avoiding albatrosses when the end result is 4-13.

I did hear a good point from Andy Hart though. Part of the lower spending could be they haven't had to give out 2nd contracts to all their terrible draft picks.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I know it's not based on position but Rodney Harrison certainly feels like more of a Hall of Famer than Patrick Willis or even Andre Johnson

It's tough to compare across positions though.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Rodney should be in, but I have a hard time saying he was screwed. He won't get in before Darren Woodson (who also should be in). When John Lynch got in, I thought they'd quickly follow. I feel like it should eventually happen.

Andre Johnson getting in ahead of Torry Holt and Reggie Wayne was interesting. Antonio Gates getting passed over really doesn't make sense.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I hope they fight for him to be in next year. He deserves to be in there. His numbers support it. He got popped for a ped at the end of his career plus all of his fines so I wonder if that’s why he’s not in

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Rodney can't get in but WCW legend Mongo McMichael gets in (which is just a sympathy pick because he's dying)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland won more honors tonight than Titanic Oscar’s

Best Coach, assistant, QB come back players- more impressive they had Alex Van Pelt

Without Van Pelt Browns probably represent AFC in SB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Cleveland won more honors tonight than Titanic Oscar’s

Best Coach, assistant, QB come back players- more impressive they had Alex Van Pelt

Without Van Pelt Browns probably represent AFC in SB
Maybe its gonna work out here afterall

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I really didn’t imagine this was necessary but

You do know that article was written 9 years ago, right?

My math might be off, but I think that was after the Hernandez fiasco and before the signing of Antonio Brown, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad