Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The defense was 29th in the NFL against teams over .500 last year. How many years in a row have we seen them get torched when they play better competition? Better than the offense, yes. Great, I don’t think so.
Best players are upcoming UFAs I assume will want out and leave. Maybe we resign Bourne off an ACL lol.

The Krafts egos are too big to hand over control to someone like Harbaugh and tons of teams were looking for coaches. It’s not like we’d be better off promoting an OC.

Committing to a 2-3 year tank and loading up on linemen and D players this draft would infuriate fans but could end up being the best move.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Bill with a full page thanking Pats fans in the Globe today.

IMG_3033.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
The Pats are operating as any team would who had zero plan after firing their coach.
They literally put it into Mayo's contract last year that he would be Belichick's successor.

Why are you believe they didn't have a plan? Heck, there are people on this very board who are criticizing them for sticking to that plan and not interviewing other candidates.

This is the most simple draft in history.

Whichever of the 3 of Caleb, MHJ, and Drake are available, you take that guy.

If we overthink this one we deserve to be a poverty franchise.
I'm not sure I buy that.

It would depend on what they think of Jayden Daniels, how important they think it is to have an elite WR1, what they think of the rest of the WR class, who they're able to sign in free agency, and there's always the possibility that some team overwhelms them with a trade offer.

Reactions: CDJ

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
So, you think the Krafts annointed Mayo as Belichick's successor a year ago with the idea that they'd have to fire Belichick, and Mayo would be a placeholder before they sign a real coach in 2027?
I think they thought the team would be good and wanted a smooth transition once Belichick retired.

Now that the team is awful, and they already promised him to be the successor, they’re just going to give him a chance rather than blow everything out. I think they don’t want to go back on their word even though starting fresh would be the correct decision.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What a waste pairing Ted Johnson with Joe Murray. Murray doesn’t even believe his own BS getting tangled up in his own statements I feel bad for Johnson who you can tell doesn’t agree with the slop he’s selling

give Ted a guy like Cerone Battle or Alex Barth - what a waste of time

I would take Matt McCarthy at least he probably believes what he’s saying

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
What a waste pairing Ted Johnson with Joe Murray. Murray doesn’t even believe his own BS getting tangled up in his own statements I feel bad for Johnson who you can tell doesn’t agree with the slop he’s selling

give Ted a guy like Cerone Battle or Alex Barth - what a waste of time

I would take Matt McCarthy at least he probably believes what he’s saying
Joe Murray doesn’t think before he speaks unless it is about Alice In Chains or Roast Beef

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So, you think the Krafts annointed Mayo as Belichick's successor a year ago with the idea that they'd have to fire Belichick, and Mayo would be a placeholder before they sign a real coach in 2027?

Belichick needs to look in the mirror

He 100 % screwed this up

31-43 last 74 games is a huge sample size

petty grudges & not listening to scouts and surrounding yourself with yourself did him in

Mayo is a bright high character 7 time captain of a dominant team , top 10 pick, pro bowler

If that dude isn’t qualified then who is

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Joe Murray doesn’t think before he speaks unless it is about Alice In Chains or Roast Beef
He lives in my town and we frequent the same roast beef places - I’m still a Nick’s roast beef guy in Beverly. I think Joe has them in his top 3

When Joe talks roast beef it’s the only time I’m sure he’s not trolling

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The really need to build a statue of Bill and Brady outside the
They literally put it into Mayo's contract last year that he would be Belichick's successor.

Why are you believe they didn't have a plan? Heck, there are people on this very board who are criticizing them for sticking to that plan and not interviewing other candidates.

I'm not sure I buy that.

It would depend on what they think of Jayden Daniels, how important they think it is to have an elite WR1, what they think of the rest of the WR class, who they're able to sign in free agency, and there's always the possibility that some team overwhelms them with a trade offer.

They didn't have a plan at first but it's a new regime so they have to formulate one. At least they have a direction before the draft

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA

Belichick needs to look in the mirror

He 100 % screwed this up

31-43 last 74 games is a huge sample size

petty grudges & not listening to scouts and surrounding yourself with yourself did him in

Mayo is a bright high character 7 time captain of a dominant team , top 10 pick, pro bowler

If that dude isn’t qualified then who is
Someone who has been a head coach, been a coordinator, or called plays at any level ideally.

When is the last time a team was a bottom team in the league and then promoted from within? Do you think if the Krafts didn’t promise Mayo the job, and then went 4-13, that they still would’ve picked Mayo? I definitely don’t.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
He lives in my town and we frequent the same roast beef places - I’m still a Nick’s roast beef guy in Beverly. I think Joe has them in his top 3

When Joe talks roast beef it’s the only time I’m sure he’s not trolling

It’s a very serious affair in the North Shore

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It really is

In the late 70’s when a teenagers life resembled Dazed & Confused I would stop at Supremes Roast Beef in Downtown Danvers before heading home to watch Fernwood Tonight or Midnight Special with wolf man Jack, and grab a super beef sauce (3 way was only something you wished for with your female lab partners in Biology) and a medium fries

The owner had Bruins tickets and so did my parents - i would talk hockey even back then 3 sheets to wind while he made my usual

Bruins were never far away somehow whatever I did

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Its also one of the most consistent universally good foods. You get more variance in Big Macs from different McDonalds than 3 way NS beefs store to store up here IMO.

I just wish I didn't have to drive 20+ minutes for Chinese food and all the closer places that were acceptable keep getting worse and worse. I'd kill for a Panda Express that is how bad everything other than Su Changs in Peabody or Billy Tse in Revere is.

Reactions: BradMarchandismydad

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
kliff going to the commanders means they are probably trading up and the bears take MHJ @ 2

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
kliff going to the commanders means they are probably trading up and the bears take MHJ @ 2
Or they like Maye or Daniels more and know Washington wants Caleb. Flip 1&2 and take some picks with it and still get the guy you like. Doesn’t necessarily rule out QB for them

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Or they like Maye or Daniels more and know Washington wants Caleb. Flip 1&2 and take some picks with it and still get the guy you like. Doesn’t necessarily rule out QB for them
wouldn’t surprise me if they took danies either

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Excited to see what he does

I'm excited to know all the criticism he got was warranted when the defense sucked and we hated the play calling, but obvioulsy he was great last year and was the guy in 2019 when we had no clue, so good luck to him. He'll be back in the NFL sooner than later.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad