Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

What a great source, not the clickbait bullshit I was talking about at all lmao

Entire thing starts with RUMORS, do you also perhaps subscribe to The Sun?

It’s not even possible for him to ask for that! It’s not a thing! His agents know that! But yes go with JPAfootball (whatever that is) badly paraphrasing a guy whose known to be kinda hacky anyway

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What a great source, not the clickbait bullshit I was talking about at all lmao

Entire thing starts with RUMORS, do you also perhaps subscribe to The Sun?

Sports Illustrated garbage? Mike Florio a fraud? Pro Football Talk?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
SI was outed for using AI generated articles and writers and just went out of business, yet another great source. Especially when they’re paraphrasing the same hack report “JPAFootball” or whatever you posted before cited

It all comes from the same original source (PFT) and he is far from bulletproof. And again THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. HIS AGENTS KNOW THAT. ITS A NONSTORY.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
SI was outed for using AI generated articles and writers and just went out of business, yet another great source. Especially when they’re paraphrasing the same hack report “JPAFootball” or whatever you posted before cited

It all comes from the same original source (PFT) and he is far from bulletproof. And again THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. HIS AGENTS KNOW THAT. ITS A NONSTORY.

Let me know when you give up…

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Williams agency is legit, Florio intel is garbage. Gotcha.
Didn’t say anything about his agency, I’m just not assassinating his character based off of a rumor reported by a guy whose been wrong a lot (and because he’s close with his mom)

And honestly even if his agency did ask about it, what the f*** does it matter? Agents ask for a lot of shit all the time. For the final time- ITS NOT A THING. It’s not some sort of bargaining chip he’s going to use to force his way somewhere. It’s illegal! But if you want to let it rustle your jimmies to the point you’d pass on him at 3 or think it’s an indictment on his character then by all means- I personally think that’s certifiably insane. Even if it is more than a rumor it’s merely an agent doing his job with an incredibly highly regarded talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeanutButter37

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Didn’t say anything about his agency, I’m just not assassinating his character based off of a rumor reported by a guy whose been wrong a lot (and because he’s close with his mom)

And honestly even if his agency did ask about it, what the f*** does it matter? Agents ask for a lot of shit all the time. For the final time- ITS NOT A THING. It’s not some sort of bargaining chip he’s going to use to force his way somewhere. It’s illegal! But if you want to let it rustle your jimmies to the point you’d pass on him at 3 or think it’s an indictment on his character then by all means- I personally think that’s certifiably insane. Even if it is more than a rumor it’s merely an agent doing his job with an incredibly highly regarded talent.
A prospect asking for ownership stake in the NFL team who drafts him (mind you this is the first report of this in NFL history, even when it WAS legal) is a major red flag. Especially once considering all the other red flags.

I happen to think Aaron Rodgers is a douche, and he is rumored to have inquired about ownership stake in the Jets before moving there, even though it was “illegal”.

I’m not a GM but I would absolutely pass on him at 3 if I were.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m not a GM but I would absolutely pass on him at 3 if I were.
Trust me we are aware with statements like this

And now you’re saying he conclusively did it when all that happened at most was the possibility being floated out there before the league shut it down. God forbid an agent try to get his highly regarded talent the best deal possible lmao

You won’t have to worry either way, he’s not gonna be there at 3. If somehow he doesn’t go 1 he will go 2.*

*Unless he’s been wearing lifts all these years and he measure in at 5’9, I reserve the right to retract in that event

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Trust me we are aware with statements like this

And now you’re saying he conclusively did it when all that happened at most was the possibility being floated out there before the league shut it down. God forbid an agent try to get his highly regarded talent the best deal possible lmao

You won’t have to worry either way, he’s not gonna be there at 3.
Our opinions differ. Painting his fingernails with obscenities to opposing team, sobbing in mamas lap after regular season loss, asking for stake in ownership, telling media he wants to go home to cuddle with his dog after a loss, and let’s not forget “I’ve never been in this situation, where I’m 7–5 and there are no playoff hopes at the end of the season. I’m dealing with it emotionally, dealing with it spiritually and physically. It’s been one of the most important years I think I’ve had. It’s tricky.”

How does he handle going to Chicago and at best starting 4-13? Or Washington 5-12? Or New England 3-14? Dog, mama, cuddles, therapist.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Our opinions differ. Painting his fingernails with obscenities to opposing team, sobbing in mamas lap after regular season loss, asking for stake in ownership, telling media he wants to go home to cuddle with his dog after a loss, and let’s not forget “I’ve never been in this situation, where I’m 7–5 and there are no playoff hopes at the end of the season. I’m dealing with it emotionally, dealing with it spiritually and physically. It’s been one of the most important years I think I’ve had. It’s tricky.”

How does he handle going to Chicago and at best starting 4-13? Or Washington 5-12? Or New England 3-14? Dog, mama, cuddles, therapist.
So you want your QB’s to have plenty of experience losing in HS and College? Yeah I guess we do have different opinions- I find it awesome that he’s outwardly disappointed by being 7-5 and having no championship aspirations. He’s not absolving himself of personal responsibility or deflecting the blame.

I’d say he navigated the disappointing year quite well given his individual performance. He could have thrown his atrocious defense under the bus there and didn’t- that would’ve been a red flag to me. 35 ppg allowed….woof.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Stay far away from Williams. He’s a coach killer and will be a serious problem in the locker room.

The Patriots need a quarterback but definitely don’t need this guy. Ryan Leaf: Part Deux. The media here will eat him alive and the fans will eventually crucify him. I’d take ANY of the other major prospects over him. He might go on to a good career somewhere else, but he will be a very bad fit here. I guarantee that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Stay far away from Williams. He’s a coach killer and will be a serious problem in the locker room.

The Patriots need a quarterback but definitely don’t need this guy. Ryan Leaf: Part Deux. The media here will eat him alive and the fans will eventually crucify him. I’d take ANY of the other major prospects over him. He might go on to a good career somewhere else, but he will be a very bad fit here. I guarantee that.
Exactly. Williams wanting an ownership stake is on brand for him. Guy is entitled as hell and not a team player. Wasn’t a surprise when he followed his coach to USC and it want a surprise that OU got better without him and his toxicity.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It sounds like BC wants Bill O'Brien. Who knows if it actually happens but I am curious what the state of the O'Brien/Belichick relationship is. I get the sense it might be a bit frosty? I was just thinking if BOB does get the BC job would he consider Steve B as DC.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The gatekeeper can pretend like there aren't legit character concerns with Caleb Williams but there absolutely are. It isn't some fabricated narrative from the media/fans. Now that doesn't mean he falls in the draft. But to me Caleb Williams has extreme bust potential.

Felger was talking about this the other night but the Chicago Bears haven't had a real franchise QB in just about forever. I think he went back to the 1960s or even before that. Just a wretched franchise for QBs. They took Trubisky over Mahomes. This time around I think they take the talent and potential, baggage aside. We'll see.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Not overly concerning, now if you shared some of the red flags as Aaron Hernandez did pre draft, different story

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I’d say he navigated the disappointing year quite well given his individual performance. He could have thrown his atrocious defense under the bus there and didn’t- that would’ve been a red flag to me. 35 ppg allowed….woof.
Wasn't his individual performance down from the previous year despite USC having a bad defense? There was also reporting about how USC became more of a team with Miller Moss at QB and them winning the Holiday Bowl. You can stick your fingers in your ears if you want about all this but there are 100% valid concerns with Caleb Williams.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

How exactly is he a coach killer? he’s had one coach that had him follow him. He’s loved by his teammates. But yeah he will be Totally despised in the locker room, look at this piece of evidence from a couple days ago! Jerry Rice’s son hated him!!

Y’all are just saying anything to hate on him lmao. Ryan Leaf part 2 give me a break. Absolutely zero credence to that other than #muhfeelz. He’s thrown half the amount of picks Ryan did in college. More accurate. More mobile. Not addicted to pills (presumably). It is not rooted in reality whatsoever. At least Ali has a reason to dislike him being an Oklahoma fan, the rest is just crap

It’s kinda funny I’ve seen a lot of criticism about picking Williams or Daniels but none in re: to possibly picking Maye. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty93

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Exactly. Williams wanting an ownership stake is on brand for him. Guy is entitled as hell and not a team player. Wasn’t a surprise when he followed his coach to USC and it want a surprise that OU got better without him and his toxicity.
They were 11-2 when he left then they went 6-7 and 10-3 the last two years. Hell this year they lost in the same bowl game that they won when Caleb was there.

To recap: he’s a coach killer despite him having only one coach in his career so far, he’s hated in the locker room despite his teammates openly defending him, and he is toxic and made Oklahoma worse despite having a much better record with him than without him. These are all great points and not exactly what I was talking about at all with this stuff not being grounded in reality

I’m not even that big of a Caleb Williams guy, I don’t like USC. But some of this stuff is coming from a different reality than the one I exist in, that’s for sure. On the 1% chance he’s there at 3 if the Pats don’t pick him I’ll be throwing a tantrum and Wolf/Groh will be fired within 2 years of that decision

Last edited:

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
It’s kinda funny I’ve seen a lot of criticism about picking Williams or Daniels but none in re: to possibly picking Maye. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Guardian At The Gate mindset. Daniels and Maye families do not create headlines. Criticism of Daniels mostly in regards to not being pinpoint passer - such as Penix Jr. - and will he succeed in pros. Criticism of Maye has been minor, agree. But the Williams family group are upfront, controlling, creating headlines, and Caleb along for the ride, future problem.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Guardian At The Gate mindset. Daniels and Maye families do not create headlines. Criticism of Daniels mostly in regards to not being pinpoint passer - such as Penix Jr. - and will he succeed in pros. Criticism of Maye has been minor, agree. But the Williams family group are upfront, controlling, creating headlines, and Caleb along for the ride, future problem.

Great reason not to draft John Elway.

I also think the Williams sisters will flame out rather quickly.

Earl Woods also needs to stop building up expectations his son can never possibly reach.

And I don't care if Archie Manning played in the league, who is he to say his son won't play in San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad