Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Didn't DeMeco Ryans have five years of coaching experience before he was hired by the Texans?

Looks like seven and DC for two years on an incredibly successful team (where the head coach is an offensive guru).

Think Steve B was great last year but pretty bad for a lot of his time calling defensive plays/as de facto DC.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mayo might be the least qualified NFL head coach in a very, very long time.
Antonio Pierce was a linebackers coach and I wouldn’t put his minimal DC experience at ASU as something that puts him ahead of Mayo, who had a major role in putting together a good nfl defense

Definitely an experiment though

Reactions: EverettMike

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Antonio Pierce was a linebackers coach and I wouldn’t put his minimal DC experience at ASU as something that puts him ahead of Mayo, who had a major role in putting together a good nfl defense

Fair, but not a total one-to-one comparison. Pierce was only named the interim because they made a mid-season change. Then he was officially hired after a good showing.

A good guy to point to if you want to be optimistic about Mayo. But even Pierce was a DC at the collegiate level.

Reactions: CDJ

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Why do you care if your Head Coach called plays or not as a coordinator?

I mean, presumably, he won't be calling plays as a Head Coach, right?

It's reflective of his lack of high level in-game experience, but I'd be fine with that if his coordinators had that experience. That's my issue. They should be supporting him with an experienced staff. Instead everyone is doing their job for the first time.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
It feels like for some reason the Krafts wanted to rush this guy to HC. Five years total of coaching experience and then being the guy making all the decisions is a lot to ask. It certainly can de done, but he doesn’t have a lot of experience or experienced coaches to lean on.

Reactions: EverettMike

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
10 of the top 42 players on PFFs big board are wideouts. There will be a good wide out available with the 2nd round pick.

Take the QB.
The odds of a top 3 QB making it are VERY slim if we look at history. I'm not rushing or rusking it. Especially since we are in realistically 5 years and beyond rebuild.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The odds of a top 3 QB making it are VERY slim if we look at history. I'm not rushing or rusking it. Especially since we are in realistically 5 years and beyond rebuild.

It’s totally true that the QB at 3 probably disappoints. But I just don’t see how you don’t shoot your shot and keep shooting until you hit.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
all indications are they are taking a QB. They aren't paying a fortune for Cousins off an achilles. Higgins would be a good add their FA money

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
all indications are they are taking a QB. They aren't paying a fortune for Cousins off an achilles. Higgins would be a good add their FA money
Why would Higgins leave Burrow to come to us, while we're in a long term rebuild?

It's unrealistic.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If you aren't confident on hitting on a QB with the #3 pick in the draft, when will you ever be confident in taking one?
I'm not confident in any of the top 3 QB's, imo.

Williams is maybe the only one and we aren't getting him.

I'd take my chances with the superstar WR build around from there and go for a Vet for the time being. This isn't going to be solved by Daniels or Maye. And asking them, or expecting them to come right in and start would be a HUGE ask and I don't think they're ready like that. Especially with the holes on the offense. They need to fill those holes first.

Reactions: rfournier103

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I'd take my chances with the superstar WR build around from there and go for a Vet for the time being. This isn't going to be solved by Daniels or Maye. And asking them, or expecting them to come right in and start would be a HUGE ask and I don't think they're ready like that. Especially with the holes on the offense. They need to fill those holes first.

I hope if they do draft a QB he holds a clipboard for a year.

Reactions: rfournier103

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Williams is the QB I'm less confident in. If they are smart, none of them would start right away. Get a Jacoby Brissett or something while they get some offensive players.

Why would Higgins leave Burrow to come to us, while we're in a long term rebuild?

It's unrealistic.
Money

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

ya well your prediction that these 3 qbs are going to be busts and MHJ is superstar isnt guaranteed. Seen teams like the lions miss on top WR propects.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
ya well your prediction that these 3 qbs are going to be busts and MHJ is superstar isnt guaranteed

Never said that were going to be busts. Sats says they might be, as drafting a QB in the top 5 normally and statistical doesn't go so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad