Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Never said that were going to be busts. Sats says they might be, as drafting a QB in the top 5 normally and statistical doesn't go so well.

They are still at 3 and have the opportunity to get one the best QB's out there. you take that chance if they ever want to dream of competing against the Allens, Mahomes, and Burrows of the AFC

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They are still at 3 and have the opportunity to get one the best QB's out there. you take that chance if they ever want to dream of competing against the Allens, Mahomes, and Burrows of the AFC
People forget Mahomes was picked at 10.

Josh Allen was 7th.

And Burrows was #1.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Josh Allen was 7th.

And Burrows was #1.
Notice none of them were picked at #34 though. I’d add Stroud and Herbert to that list too, both picked high. AFC is stacked.

If they throw a bag at Kirk then sure take MHJR but they gotta go QB at 3 if they don’t

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Josh Allen was 7th.

And Burrows was #1.

what happens if the pass on the QB, the QB the pass on thrives and the Pats look like clowns once again with some JAG QB trying to force the ball to a rookie MHJ. Fans here love Jacoby Myers, where did the get him, you can find WR"S

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d much rather take the gamble on QB at 3 and throw some money at a Calvin Ridley in free agency.

Reactions: CDJ

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm not confident in any of the top 3 QB's, imo.

Williams is maybe the only one and we aren't getting him.

I'd take my chances with the superstar WR build around from there and go for a Vet for the time being. This isn't going to be solved by Daniels or Maye. And asking them, or expecting them to come right in and start would be a HUGE ask and I don't think they're ready like that. Especially with the holes on the offense. They need to fill those holes first.
“Superstar wide receiver” yet you’re not confident in the 3 QB’s? How did you come to that conclusion?

9 teams weren’t confident in Mahomes in the 2017 draft. KC was.

I’ll take Calvin Ridley. Not sure Cincinnati can afford Higgins. I think they franchise him but they have other holes to fill too.

WR much easier to acquire than QB.

Imo I have less faith in Williams than I do Maye & Daniels. Williams seems like a basket case to me. Cried in his mom’s arms after losing a game. Paints his nails with insults to opposing team. Wants ownership in team who drafts him? “I want to cuddle with my dog”. Weak character

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You are wayyyyy more likely to find star receivers after the 1st than star qb

Edit: I would literally cut off a (pinky) finger to get Caleb Williams at 3, idk what it is with Boston fans being so obsessed with painted nails. A bunch of ppl did it with Casas last year too. Idc personally, and I don’t see how finding comfort in your dog or mother is a weak point in somebody’s character. I actually like that he cares that much. He gets upset when he loses. It really bothers him. Idc that he talks trash, Brady was a huge shit talker. So are most pro athletes. The ownership “rumor” is some garbage report that is literally not even possible, so it’s weird to me that people care about that too.

That guy is a great talent. There’s a reason he’s been the consensus #1 guy for this draft for years now. That’s hard to do when you’re under a microscope like that.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Like I said. I'm not confident in Daniels or Maye as our saviors and future #1 QB's. I think Williams if he can keep his head on straight has a chance.

The odds are stacked against any rookie QB picked in the top 10.

I'd go WR. And thats just what I'd do. We are rebuilding. It's going to take years. Whatever happens happens.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Edit: I would literally cut off a (pinky) finger to get Caleb Williams at 3, idk what it is with Boston fans being so obsessed with painted nails. A bunch of ppl did it with Casas last year too. Idc personally, and I don’t see how finding comfort in your dog or mother is a weak point in somebody’s character. I actually like that he cares that much. He gets upset when he loses. It really bothers him. Idc that he talks trash, Brady was a huge shit talker. So are most pro athletes. The ownership “rumor” is some garbage report that is literally not even possible, so it’s weird to me that people care about that too.

That guy is a great talent. There’s a reason he’s been the consensus #1 guy for this draft for years now. That’s hard to do when you’re under a microscope like that.
It’s one thing to paint your nails, and another to paint profanity on your nails towards your opponents. Maybe I’m old school but that’s just odd to me. It’s a fact that his father DID say Williams wanted a stake in team ownership that drafted him, it’s not up for debate.

“Brady was a huge shit talker”. Yes he was, how does that relate to this conversation? Brady didn’t cry in his mom’s lap on national television after losing an effing regular season football game!! You lose a big game and your first comment to the media is “I want to go home and cuddle with my dog”???? Does that not raise red flags????

I’m not suggesting Williams won’t be great. Maybe he will. But anyone suggesting he’s a shoe in to be a great leader is lying.

As far as the “consensus #1 guy”, that was Bryce Young last season, and look how that went. CJ Stroud was the pick. With any luck Young redeems himself in the future.

Williams is far from a sure thing. I’d be more comfortable with Maye at this point. 6’4”

Reactions: PB37

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

Even a team as bad at drafting pass catching talent as the Patriots have been the last 10 years can find guys. I'm really high on Douglas, if the concussions aren't something that's going to be a problem for him every season i think he can be a 1000 yard wr. He had around a 750 yard pace once Bourne went down with one of the worst qb situations in the league.

The one positive about the first attempt of a rebuild going as bad as it has and picking top 3 this draft is Belichick didn't anchor this team with bad contracts that are hard to get out of. They can build an expensive offense around a rookie qb. Draft Maye or Daniels, sign one of the better wr on the market and you can still trade future draft capital for someone like Aiyuk. That would be way better than drafting Harrison and going into 2024 without any sort of optimism at the qb position.

Reactions: CDJ and Oates2Neely

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Truth is Pats could own the top 3 picks in this draft and go Williams MHJ & Alt, still suck and draft top 10 next season. Bill left a dumpster fire.
That's a bit dramatic.

The defense is great, you have a couple good RBs, and a good TE in Hunter Henry. Really you just need to overhaul that offensive line in free agency and they'll be pretty competitive. In the WC hunt at least.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Newest Madden was up for trial and now its $20. Wish the game was more realistic but simmed 2023 season and rebuilt the team by drafting Harrison Jr then Ewers at QB later

Also signed Bosa doubt he would ever reach FA

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s one thing to paint your nails, and another to paint profanity on your nails towards your opponents. Maybe I’m old school but that’s just odd to me. It’s a fact that his father DID say Williams wanted a stake in team ownership that drafted him, it’s not up for debate.

“Brady was a huge shit talker”. Yes he was, how does that relate to this conversation? Brady didn’t cry in his mom’s lap on national television after losing an effing regular season football game!! You lose a big game and your first comment to the media is “I want to go home and cuddle with my dog”???? Does that not raise red flags????

I’m not suggesting Williams won’t be great. Maybe he will. But anyone suggesting he’s a shoe in to be a great leader is lying.

As far as the “consensus #1 guy”, that was Bryce Young last season, and look how that went. CJ Stroud was the pick. With any luck Young redeems himself in the future.

Williams is far from a sure thing. I’d be more comfortable with Maye at this point. 6’4”
A while back his dad something along the lines of him possibly wanting ownership in a team ONE DAY, a bunch of clickbait bullshit took that to mean he wants it from the team that drafts him. Which is literally not a thing. It is not possible, it can’t even be an ask. So yeah, it is bullshit and it’s a nonsense talking point spread by 50 year old dudes who look for stupid things to hate on modern athletes for

OH NO PROFANITY ON FINGERNAILS INSTEAD OF OUT OF HIS MOUTH! AND WANTING TO BE WITH HIS MOM TO COMFORT HIM AFTER A LOSS! THE HORROR!!!! It’s not like he went straight home from the stands, he was with his team not long after. It’s just a garbage radio talking point.

Do you have dogs and do you have bad days at work? I can tell you seeing my dog is one of the only things that makes me happy after a bad day. Massive character flaw now I suppose. just a total reach lol

I would take any of the top 3. Caleb is not a shrimp like Bryce Young. And he did more with less than Young. Maye could become great too. So could Daniels. But if Caleb is there at 3 we should be doing backflips

It’s a moot point because he won’t be there at 3 though. And that’s because when you watch tape he’s pretty clearly the most talented guy of the big 3. Much better passer than Daniels, much smarter decision maker than Maye.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carbonated Puck

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A while back his dad something along the lines of him possibly wanting ownership in a team ONE DAY, a bunch of clickbait bullshit took that to mean he wants it from the team that drafts him. Which is literally not a thing. So yeah, it is bullshit and it’s a nonsense talking point spread by 50 year old dudes who look for stupid things to hate on modern athletes for

OH NO PROFANITY ON FINGERNAILS INSTEAD OF OUT OF HIS MOUTH! AND WANTING TO BE WITH HIS MOM TO COMFORT HIM AFTER A LOSS! THE HORROR!!!! It’s not like he went straight home from the stands, he was with his team not long after. It’s just a garbage radio talking point.

Do you have dogs and do you have bad days at work? I can tell you seeing my dog is one of the only things that makes me happy after a bad day. Massive character flaw now I suppose. What a f***ing joke, just a total reach lol
Montana, Elway, Brady, Manning, Mahomes… none cried in mamas lap on national television, none painted obscenities on their fingernails to insult opposing teams.

If I’m an NFL owner potentially investing hundreds of millions of dollars in you, yes you telling the media you want to run home to cuddle with your dog on the couch after a loss is a major red flag.

I have a dog, a lab, great dog.. I own a construction business.. I can’t imagine when something going wrong at a job site & telling my clients “I just want to go home and cuddle with my dog”…

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Montana, Elway, Brady, Manning, Mahomes… none cried in mamas lap on national television, none painted obscenities on their fingernails to insult opposing teams.

If I’m an NFL owner potentially investing hundreds of millions of dollars in you, yes you telling the media you want to run home to cuddle with your dog on the couch after a loss is a major red flag.

I have a dog, a lab, great dog.. I own a construction business.. I can’t imagine when something goes wrong at a job site telling my clients “I just want to go home and cuddle with my dog”…
He hung 42 on a great defense, also construction isn’t football and he didn’t f*** up a job site. As a matter of fact he played really well that game.

God forbid a guy wants to go process a loss with his best friend before moving on to the next week. He should never go home until that next game, he should be locked in the facility. Take him off the draft board, he’s Aaron Hernandez lmao

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A while back his dad something along the lines of him possibly wanting ownership in a team ONE DAY, a bunch of clickbait bullshit took that to mean he wants it from the team that drafts him. Which is literally not a thing. It is not possible, it can’t even be an ask. So yeah, it is bullshit and it’s a nonsense talking point spread by 50 year old dudes who look for stupid things to hate on modern athletes for

Do you have dogs and do you have bad days at work? I can tell you seeing my dog is one of the only things that makes me happy after a bad day. Massive character flaw now I suppose. just a total reach lol

I would take any of the top 3. Caleb is not a shrimp like Bryce Young. And he did more with less than Young. Maye could become great too. So could Daniels. But if Caleb is there at 3 we should be doing backflips

It’s a moot point because he won’t be there at 3 though. And that’s because when you watch tape he’s pretty clearly the most talented guy of the big 3. Much better passer than Daniels, much smarter decision maker than Maye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad