Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Screenshot_20240115_231327_Twitter.jpg

One of the worst defensive plays you'll ever see

Matt Patricia special!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
With Mayfield throwing for 330 and 3 TD with less good versions of the same WR does it mean that Tom Brady is actually overrated?? My column:
I figured this would come from someone, most likely you.

But in reality I think just about any NFL team would have beaten the Eagles tonight. Just a complete collapse to end the season.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Anything for clicks

Watching Curran & Perry facial expressions last night when this shown was like me

Breer politely disagrees

What Mayo needs to do is bring 2 coordinators outside organization- I like the idea of the Panthers guy coming in

Also @EvilDead I agree on Daniels over Maye - I thought you were nuts but I’m in your camp been watching him - dynamic and athletic thanks for opening my eyes on him

I am not shocked by the Eagles' collapse only because they were lucky to escape Foxborough in Week 1

Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots | 2023 Week 1 Game Highlights

The Eagles give Belichick another option :popcorn:
That would be funny - they would hate him from day 1

Like Chris Nilan coming to Bruins

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Anything for clicks

Watching Curran & Perry facial expressions last night when this shown was like me

Breer politely disagrees

What Mayo needs to do is bring 2 coordinators outside organization- I like the idea of the Panthers guy coming in

Mayo is smart to bring in seasoned veterans for his staff that come from outside the Belichick brain trust. He needs people who have been around the block to give him a fresh set of eyes to evaluate situations and get the people in Gillette to stop deferring to the central figure of the coaching staff, ie what Bill was.

Also @EvilDead I agree on Daniels over Maye - I thought you were nuts but I’m in your camp been watching him - dynamic and athletic thanks for opening my eyes on him

No worries mate. I am leery of the "pro style QB" prospects now because there's no guarantee that player will be a game changer if they don't have the pieces around them. Most pro style pocket passers in college now need more around them to succeed than athletic QBs because of how much players like a Jackson or a Stroud can fall back on their athleticism to make plays if necessary, which benefits them now more than ever given the rule changes over the past decade.

Reactions: DKH

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

It took Tampa 10 years of suck and missing the playoffs to build their roster into something that was a qb away. They still have two really good wr with a solid line and defense. The football operation wasn't going to fall apart once Brady was done like it did with the Patriots, especially now that you can see how washed up he was last season when a replacement level qb like Baker Mayfield is doing better.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It took Tampa 10 years of suck and missing the playoffs to build their roster into something that was a qb away. They still have two really good wr with a solid line and defense. The football operation wasn't going to fall apart once Brady was done like it did with the Patriots, especially now that you can see how washed up he was last season when a replacement level qb like Baker Mayfield is doing better.

different team last year, White and Otten were rookies, Palmer and Moore not ther as well. Fournette looked cashed, Godwin off an ACL and the Oline and running game was absent. Brady was was missing Gronk and AB too Still though the winning championship culture that Brady installed there is very apparent when you see how the team operates, Baker bought in right away and he has the arm to get it to the playmakers

Anything for clicks

Breer politely disagrees

That would be funny - they would hate him from day 1

Like Chris Nilan coming to Bruins

Boston media speculating during a regime change is par for the course. Kraft and Curren will be very busy answering questions this year

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tampa feels like an old team despite where they are right now. I don't think they are on some long term path for success. This is a nice year for them but I don't think it's going to last. They'll probably end up paying Mayfield and then regret it in the end.

With the alleged GOAT coach the football operation shouldn't have fallen apart like it did here but that's where we're at.

Yep, definitely nothing to do with playing the NFC South instead of the AFC East.

That Kevin Wildes guy, when he was regularly on the Simmons podcast years ago was instant "turn it off and delete the podcast" material.
Sure playing in the NFC South helped but they still just beat a big dog from the NFC East. You play who is on your schedule. And now they are in the Divisional round with a middling QB. The Patriots don't get pity points for having to play the Dolphins and Bills twice this year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
:whispers:

The Pats did address the QB situation post Brady. Twice. Once with a former MVP who looked great before he got COVID. The second time with the 15th overall pick.

The problem was Newton ended up being done and Mac ended up being ass just as some of us predicted.

The Pats didn't ignore the position, though. And they didn't try to put just anyone in that spot. They just f***ed up twice. I know it doesn't matter when you keep track of wins and losses, but I do think the difference matters when discussing the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad