Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Bo Nix is a product of all the talent around him and JJ McCarthy has some tools but if he wasn't the qb of a national champion no one is talking about him being drafted in the 1st or 2nd round and certainly isn't a year one starter. Maye or Daniels, Tyler Guyton or Patrick Paul at tackle and then a wr like Jalen McMillan in round 3 should be how they approach the first 3 rounds of the draft with free agency before the draft building the roster around helping a rookie qb.

The history of teams drafting a wr top 5 and drafting in that position because they suck instead of a trade isn't kind. Since 2000, only the Bengals with Chase have made it past the Wild Card round and that's because Joe Burrow, a top 10 qb is on their roster.
There are definitely players like Justin Blackmon and Corey Davis who were complete whiffs. The Cardinals did make a Super Bowl with Larry Fitzgerald though

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I always liked Mayo as a player and when he got the HC , I was not sure if he was ready for it , but I always remember Bill saying he was a very smart football player and named him to his coaching staff so that was another positive, but after listening to him talk, I can say this with great confidence this will be a total disaster . I hope am wrong and it would not be the first time, but would bet Kraft is already having regrets.
I have screen-shot this it’s so bad

Not sure what’s going on but you are in an epic run of bad takes

I’m assuming you are doing a Castanza reverse thoughts/actions

Kraft regrets ? Disaster?

Judging the way he talks? Yikes (I am not going to say what my first thought was)

• Wow
Reactions: bwunderlich

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
There are definitely players like Justin Blackmon and Corey Davis who were complete whiffs. The Cardinals did make a Super Bowl with Larry Fitzgerald though
Andre Johnson made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs as well. I said 2000 but i must have only got to 2005 if i skipped Fitz and Johnson. Still, Fitzgerald and Chase being the only two to even reach the Conference Championship for the team that drafted them in the last 23 drafts isn't a huge hit rate for team success and looking for reasons why the Patriots should choose Harrison over a Maye or Daniels.

WR is a luxury pick, Harrison is perfect for a team like the Cardinals or Chargers who have their established qb already, as much as i would like Harrison, it just doesn't make sense for the Patriots with their qb situation.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Easy call for Chicago. Guarantee yourself MHJ and one of Williams/Maye/Daniels
Why on earth would they want to reach for MHJ when they'll have a ton of great alternatives at WR with the #9 pick, or later rounds.

Look, I think MHJ is going to be a great player in the NFL. No question. But he's not a player you trade up for to #3 to grab. No WR is. That's idiotic and unprecedented.

Then again, the Bears have been known to do some stupid shit on draft day, so who knows....

Last edited:
Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have screen-shot this it’s so bad

Not sure what’s going on but you are in an epic run of bad takes

I’m assuming you are doing a Castanza reverse thoughts/actions

Kraft regrets ? Disaster?

Judging the way he talks? Yikes (I am not going to say what my first thought was)
Not about how he talks, that was not implied it is what he said.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Not about how he talks, that was not implied it is what he said.

Jerod Mayo: "We're bringing in talent, 1,000%. We have a lot of cap space and cash. We're ready to burn some cash!"

Not ideal out-of-the-gate statements for the newest head coach. The last guy created the how-to recipe for free agency signings failures. Here we go, full throttle talent 1,000%. Long road ahead for Mayo.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They were always gonna spend a ton of cash, they have so much of it. They have like 65 million in space. No shit they’re gonna acquire talent in free agency. Would you rather they sit on it?

It’s a nothing quote

Reactions: bbfan419

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
They were always gonna spend a ton of cash, they have so much of it. They have like 65 million in space. No shit they’re gonna acquire talent in free agency. Would you rather they sit on it? It’s a nothing quote
There's a thing called 'prove it'. This is what happens with the four-win team brand.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There's a thing called 'prove it'. This is what happens with the four-win team brand.
He literally hasn’t been given a chance to and he was answering a question.

this is going to be painful if some of y’all are going to dissect every little thing he says

Reactions: sarge88

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
He literally hasn’t been given a chance to and he was answering a question. this is going to be painful if some of y’all are going to dissect every little thing he says
Quote not dissect. Quoting players/coaches one of the favorite pastimes on these here pages. Just following up to previous entry and adding spice.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They were always gonna spend a ton of cash, they have so much of it. They have like 65 million in space. No shit they’re gonna acquire talent in free agency. Would you rather they sit on it?

It’s a nothing quote
I just don’t see the talent out there to spend on. Absolutely dreadful free agent class, at least at the positions the Pats need.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I would just add that it's not a no brainer they will spend as much as we want them to.

Krafts have been at the bottom for cash spending over a 10 year period or so.

Bob said Bill controlled how much was spent. Now we will find out for sure on that.

He literally hasn’t been given a chance to and he was answering a question.

this is going to be painful if some of y’all are going to dissect every little thing he says
You have the ability to ignore it and move on

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bo Nix is a product of all the talent around him and JJ McCarthy has some tools but if he wasn't the qb of a national champion no one is talking about him being drafted in the 1st or 2nd round and certainly isn't a year one starter. Maye or Daniels, Tyler Guyton or Patrick Paul at tackle and then a wr like Jalen McMillan in round 3 should be how they approach the first 3 rounds of the draft with free agency before the draft building the roster around helping a rookie qb.

The history of teams drafting a wr top 5 and drafting in that position because they suck instead of a trade isn't kind. Since 2000, only the Bengals with Chase have made it past the Wild Card round and that's because Joe Burrow, a top 10 qb is on their roster.
Reports have the Bears taking Williams and the Commanders taking Daniels, the Pats should then take MHJ and that is the guy the Cardinals want, so maybe they would be willing to deal the #4 if they miss out on their guy, so you offer them the #34 pick, 2025 1st and 5th add in players examples Stevenson, Barmore maybe a WR they like and then take Maye, best of both worlds.

Fair. I just don’t like either of Nix or McCarthy. Maybe trade for Fields at that point.
That could work as well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reports have the Bears taking Williams and the Commanders taking Daniels, the Pats should then take MHJ and that is the guy the Cardinals want, so maybe they would be willing to deal the #4 if they miss out on their guy, so you offer them the #34 pick, 2025 1st and 5th add in players examples Stevenson, Barmore maybe a WR they like and then take Maye, best of both worlds.

That could work as well.
AZ would just pick Nabers if they’re dead set on a receiver, he could go top 5. I don’t think much separates him and MHJR tbh

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
I would just add that it's not a no brainer they will spend as much as we want them to.
Krafts have been at the bottom for cash spending over a 10 year period or so.
Bob said Bill controlled how much was spent. Now we will find out for sure on that.

That too. My angle, to clarify, is more about what free agents would they spend their money on? How many more free agent failures will it take to push them to bottom of the league and keep them there for next decade.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There is a chance Mac gets over the very obvious mental fog he was in. I am allowing for that. All I ever said was he needed to be benched THIS season. I am open to all QB scenarios next year. If you don't believe in the QB at #3 I'm not sure you should force it. I won't be outraged if they take MHJ. We'll know more once we see if they go for someone like Cousins in free agency.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mac Jones needs to be gone
Most times these 1st round QBs end up being traded when they don't work out, right? Well his value is at an all time low right now. I could see them trying to build him back up as best they can. So if you go into the season with Mac starting and your rookie QB patiently waiting behind him...I could see that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad