Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Especially since Cousins is getting $35 million and eating up the majority of your cap space.

You have to draft a QB at 3 and hit on the pick, it's 6 years of a cost controlled cap friendly asset.
But what's he gonna get at his age coming off that injury? We'll see. Even then, 35m a year seems like a steal these days for good QB play. I actually think signing Cousins AND drafting a QB could work. It's time for the Krafts to spend.

What are the odds we see Josh McDaniels back?
Hopefully he goes with Bill.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So the Giants sit Daniels behind Jones? I’m not sure what the cap implications are for the Giants situation with Jones.

If Daniels comes in and beats out Jones in camp? Yes. If he doesn't then Daniels is the backup, learning and waiting for his opportunity. Not every QB needs to be thrown into the fire day 1.... and it rarely works out when they are.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I don’t think Belichick has many options outside of Atlanta and Carolina at this point. If he doesn’t want to sit out a year, Atlanta’s roster is actually pretty good and would probably win that division with any marginal QB upgrade.

The Chargers seem all in on Harbaugh, the Commanders want Ben Johnson, the Seahawks and Titans don’t seem interested, and the Cowboys, Eagles, and Raiders all seem to be keeping their coaches.

Unless he wants to wait to see if Buffalo would be willing to move on, Atlanta is his best option left.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Agree. I’m reading articles that are speculating Fields value at a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Pats at 34 is maybe overpayment. Maybe their early 3rd (68) and another late round pick. I prefer Fields over Mayfield. Mayfield going to get PAID this offseason. Tampa most likely retaining him.

He'd be crazy to leave Godwin and Evans aren't young they'll probably beef up the line and add to the D which is all they need to do. I wouldn't rule them out to win it all might need some help but San Francisco could lay a stinker and lose to them.

I think this playoffs is changing the narrative that you need an elite top 5 QB to win. Guys like Goff, Love, and Mayfield who are firmly in that 10-20 category are showing there isn't a huge gap between them and the Mahomes and Allens.

Free agent QBs might get a ton of money relative to other positions but they aren't getting long deals. If we sign a guy like Cousins we are not blocking whomever we draft and it won't really be a huge deal if you have a year of the bloated salary when they are backing up the draft pick best case scenario.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don’t think Belichick has many options outside of Atlanta and Carolina at this point. If he doesn’t want to sit out a year, Atlanta’s roster is actually pretty good and would probably win that division with any marginal QB upgrade.

The Chargers seem all in on Harbaugh, the Commanders want Ben Johnson, the Seahawks and Titans don’t seem interested, and the Cowboys, Eagles, and Raiders all seem to be keeping their coaches.

Unless he wants to wait to see if Buffalo would be willing to move on, Atlanta is his best option left.
I read an article today (I’ll search for it & post) that suggested both the Cowboys & Eagles had interest in Belichick but he didn’t reciprocate, thus they decided to keep their coaches.

Last edited:

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Unless McDaniels really wants to be back in the area, i expect him to follow Belichick.

McDaniels, Waldron, Kingsbury or Robinson should be the next oc. Whoever it is though, Mayo and Kraft need to let them build the staff on that side of the ball and run it. It's been a mess since McDaniels left and took people with him.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He'd be crazy to leave Godwin and Evans aren't young they'll probably beef up the line and add to the D which is all they need to do. I wouldn't rule them out to win it all might need some help but San Francisco could lay a stinker and lose to them.

I think this playoffs is changing the narrative that you need an elite top 5 QB to win. Guys like Goff, Love, and Mayfield who are firmly in that 10-20 category are showing there isn't a huge gap between them and the Mahomes and Allens.

Free agent QBs might get a ton of money relative to other positions but they aren't getting long deals. If we sign a guy like Cousins we are not blocking whomever we draft and it won't really be a huge deal if you have a year of the bloated salary when they are backing up the draft pick best case scenario.

give me the elite QB to win a superbowl, but that's what I consider "winning" There aren't a lot of elite teams at the moment so ya 9-8 is going to get you to a playoff spot. The Pats being mediocre with Cousins next year isn't going to change the fact the Pats need a franchise QB and they'll be in the exact same spot next year same as every year post Brady. I'll never understand the desire to win with avg QB play after Brady for 20 years. Everybody mentions SF like they've won a bunch of titles but they've never won anything since Steve Young and Montana

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Unless McDaniels really wants to be back in the area, i expect him to follow Belichick.

McDaniels, Waldron, Kingsbury or Robinson should be the next oc. Whoever it is though, Mayo and Kraft need to let them build the staff on that side of the ball and run it. It's been a mess since McDaniels left and took people with him.
We as fans sometimes forget that these people are human beings with families. Mcdaniels has deep family roots here in New England. He’s familiar with the area. If the money is right I think he’d consider it.

Same for Bills kids.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
98.5 just now reported rumor that Belichick wanted to trade Mac this past summer & sign Baker Mayfield. Kraft intervened and shot it down.

Maybe Bill makes Mayfield an offer to QB the Falcons? If Tampa lets him escape. Money talks.
I’m not buying at all

Who’s the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad